Movies You Watched

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We watched the cable premiere of the latest "The Final Destination" movie. It was ok. I am watching "The Rock" now. Its one of my fav movies.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I just watched The Jane Austen Book Club, at my daughter's urging. I really enjoyed it - probably falls in the "chick flick" category, but maybe not, since there were some strong and admirable male characters. I agree with all of you about District 9. I watched it as part of my "watch all the movies nominated for Best Movie Oscars" annual campaign (10 this year!). Hard to watch, but certainly unique. I read Shutter Island, Keltin, but haven't watched the movie...I just finished the book "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and am looking forward to seeing the movie.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Doing "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1" on Roku.

Not bad if you're a T fan. It's a decent distraction, and it has "River" from Firefly as the T-Heroine.

Last edited:

mhend

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm gonna...this movie looks so good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjay5vgIwt4[/ame]

mhend

This is my favorite scene from one of my favorite movies, American Beauty. I can remember sitting alone in the theater and being blown away by it. I still am.

This is the best version I could find...the voice doesn't match the lips, but it's the words that get me!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8_8TJC9E8&feature=related[/ame]

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I watched The Other Guys yesterday - very funny and will see it again when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Just watched Hot Tub Time Machine. If you're a child of the 80s like I am, you should really enjoy this one. Funny stuff.....and did we REALLY dress like that back then??? :yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
People Will Talk (1951) Cary Grant
and the original "The Changeling" (1980's) George C. Scott, Trish Van Dervere Awesome thriller!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
the best part was the girl getting drilled!!

I agree.

Gonna give Melanie another chance and watch Along For The Ride tomorrow night.

Can't believe she got a Golden Globe nomination for her part in Body Double. At least the judges had the sense not to award her the prize. I hope Antonio has never seen her flicks. :yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
In 87, Melanie did a B Sci-fi movie called "Cherry 2000". Campy, pretty bad, but somehow, oddly enjoyable and hard to turn off.....if you like B sci-fi that is.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I agree.

Gonna give Melanie another chance and watch Along For The Ride tomorrow night.

Can't believe she got a Golden Globe nomination for her part in Body Double. At least the judges had the sense not to award her the prize. I hope Antonio has never seen her flicks. :yum:
I kinda like "Working girl" and "Pacific Heights"

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Robots in the future?

It was set in the future where you could have a robotic "partner". They looked and acted just like humans, and they learned over time. This guy had a "Cherry 2000" model that shorted out in some water. He was able to salvage her personality module, but needed a new "chassis" (body) for it to go into. Unfortunately, the Cherry 2000 model had been discontinued.

He hears of a possible chassis being located in the wastelands near some refinery. It's a dangerous job to go in there and check it out, so he hires a Bounty Hunter of sorts - Melanie Griffith. She takes the job, and they go after the chassis, and along the way begin to fall in love with each other. Kinda cool.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It was set in the future where you could have a robotic "partner". They looked and acted just like humans, and they learned over time. This guy had a "Cherry 2000" model that shorted out in some water. He was able to salvage her personality module, but needed a new "chassis" (body) for it to go into. Unfortunately, the Cherry 2000 model had been discontinued.

He hears of a possible chassis being located in the wastelands near some refinery. It's a dangerous job to go in there and check it out, so he hires a Bounty Hunter of sorts - Melanie Griffith. She takes the job, and they go after the chassis, and along the way begin to fall in love with each other. Kinda cool.
yeah yeah I saw that.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I kinda like "Working girl" and "Pacific Heights"

I have several Griffith movies on my NetFlix queue. It's strictly out of curiosity because I met her and her mom Tippi Hedren (The Birds) last year. So far I'm wishing I had watched 1950's stuff like Them or maybe some Captain Video TV reruns. LOL :bonk:

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
About to watch Splice.......will report back soon..........

A rather interesting movie. Slow at the start; first 25 minutes is beguiling. After that, it takes off and rides you on a strange coaster ride. The most thought provoking and odd movie I have seen in quite a while. NOT an action-man's move, but if you care to think a bit, this one will warp your brain! Fascinating!

Lefty

Yank
Death At A Funeral

:yum:

One of the crazy sickest movies I have seen in a long time.

:yum:

Danny Glover is a freaking riot.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Harry Potter and the half blood prince
A league of their own
The big Chill
Kate and Leopold

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Started a movie last night we streamed from Netflix on our Roku. It's called "With A Friend Like Harry".

We're half way through it and will finish it in a bit.

Really, really odd little movie, and rather engrossing. Just sort of grabs you and makes you go WTF?????

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
One of my all time favs. You have good taste, Peepsie. :blush:
Thank you!! I am watching it right now on Encore but I own it and the soundtrack also. I have seen it a zillion times!! Great cast and great music!!