Movies You Watched

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Started a movie last night we streamed from Netflix on our Roku. It's called "With A Friend Like Harry".

We're half way through it and will finish it in a bit.

Really, really odd little movie, and rather engrossing. Just sort of grabs you and makes you go WTF?????

Finished it. A very odd, intriguing, and at times disturbing movie. It’s a Thriller. But it’s a Foreign flick…..I think Italian, but I’m not sure (someone more familiar with the language could tell from the writing in the movie). However, it is dubbed very well in English; it’s actually the best dub I’ve seen in a long time!

As an author required to produce on demand, this movie struck a chord with me. A very interesting flick. Lot’s to mull over.

If you have the time, add it to your queue and check it out.

Lefty

Yank
2 Days In The Valley

I liked how this movie kept me interested in whats coming up next. Its a twisted life around that part of Cali.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
About to watch the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Meh, it was ok. It stayed pretty true to the pacing of the original.

The new Freddy isn’t right. They deepened his voice to make him more menacing, but only succeeded in making him a laughable Candyman wanna be. They had him drop a few F-bombs which was a new thing for Freddy. His make-up sucked - he looked like an alien monkey fish.

And even though the new Freddy sucks, they didn’t’ use him hardly at all. Maybe because they knew he sucked? Very little Freddy action in this movie.

The over-use of cell-phones ruined a lot for me. Back in the original 80s version, when parents said the teenagers went to bed but they wanted to call each other, it happened on a boxy landline - that rang every extension in the house waking the parents making it even more tremulous and risky. But with a Blackberry, not only can you set it to vibrate, but they even had freaking alarm clocks to wake them up. Crap.

This is one of those movies that does NOT remake well. It needs to stay back in the 80s where it shined. I just kept wanting it to end so I could say I got through it. Not scary at all……it just seemed to drag out to the point where I wanted Freddy to stab me already!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
We saw The Expendables today. Awesome awesome movie!! Stallone did great!! Action, comedy, lots of guns and blood, lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
A Time To Kill

"............ now imagine shes white."

Great movie!!

Last edited:

Lefty

Yank
Amusement (Horror)

A very twisted plot line. 4 of 10 stars. OK only if you have seen everything in the house already and are very board.

Lefty

Yank
From Dusk Till Dawn

This is arguably one of the best horror movies of all time. I love it.

RobRod did a great job directing this one.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Just watched Jules Vernes Mysterious Island I DVRed it from SYFY last night.

I saw Jaws in the theater about a month after I got back from FLA. I wouldn't have gone in the ocean if I saw it first!! As a matter of fact I DIDN'T go in the ocean for many years after. When we went to see it there was a row of nuns behind us. After the scene of the first girl on the beach the nuns screamed in unison, got up (I could here praying. Holy Mary mother of God ...) and ran out of the theater!! After the movie was over and we were leaving I asked my mom if I should leave the brick!!