Movies You Watched

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I saw Bruno and Up in the Air over the weekend.

Bruno: Just another flavor of Borat. Filthy and predictable, however, if you're drunk enough, there are some funny moments.

Up in the Air: I loved this, although it didn't have the happy ending I was wanting.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've got 3 new ones to watch right now. The Time Travelers Wife, Legion, and The Forth Kind. No idea what any of them about other than the titles. My grand daughter's boy friend brought them over for us to watch.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
How did you like New Moon, Peeps? I loved the books, but the first movie was so-so. Was this one better?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
How did you like New Moon, Peeps? I loved the books, but the first movie was so-so. Was this one better?
hmmmmmmmmmmm they were both "tame" compared to other vampire and werewolf movies but it was ok. my girls saw it in the theater.

FooD

I have no idea what I'm going to watch tonight. I will turn on Netflix and see. I've been falling asleep on practically every streaming Netflix movie the last few days. I just don't seem to pick the right ones lately.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Try the Spartacus:Blood and Sand series. Click on the Starz tab under the Watch Instantly section. You won't fall asleep.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Spartacus was great tonight and gets better with each episodes, I got them all saved to burn to DVD's. This is one of the best of the series from the premium channels even as good as the Soprano's series.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Watched the newest Star Trek movie last night. It had some cheesy moments, but overall I liked it.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Watched All Quiet on the Western Front tonight. Very powerful movie. The constant bombing just about drove me nuts. I can't imagine what it was like for someone to actually live through it...

Lefty

Yank
Kick Ass

I saw I laughed I would go again. I plan on buying this.

All I can say was I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh aspect of this flick. Outstanding movie.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Saw "The Informant!" with Matt Damon. It's not really a comedy like it's advertised, but it was good, and it really keeps you thinking.

I also saw "The Men Who Stare at Goats" I liked it for the most part. It had some really funny moments.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Watched "House of 1000 Corpses" for the first time in a long time. This movie was heavily panned, but I think it was brilliant! Maybe it was just ahead of its time... I also like the sequel "The Devil's Rejects"...

smoke king

Banned
Watched "House of 1000 Corpses" for the first time in a long time. This movie was heavily panned, but I think it was brilliant! Maybe it was just ahead of its time... I also like the sequel "The Devil's Rejects"...

I own both of those movies and love them, but yes, for the most part people really slammed them. I think its a matter of taste. Personally, I like the imagery that Rob Zombie comes up with, kind of reminds me of those 3rd and 4th features at the drive-ins back in the 70's!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Where The Wild Things Are. Fisher and I have watched it twice together - he loves it. I'm really impressed with the subtle way it helps kids cope with angry feelings and how angry behavior affects other people. Tom Hanks directed this and it's worth watching with kids - probably best suited to ages 6 to 12 or 13.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I own both of those movies and love them, but yes, for the most part people really slammed them. I think its a matter of taste. Personally, I like the imagery that Rob Zombie comes up with, kind of reminds me of those 3rd and 4th features at the drive-ins back in the 70's!

I like the all out assault on the senses style. It's like the "wall of sound" style of music. It gets in your face, and doesn't apologize for it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Where The Wild Things Are. Fisher and I have watched it twice together - he loves it. I'm really impressed with the subtle way it helps kids cope with angry feelings and how angry behavior affects other people. Tom Hanks directed this and it's worth watching with kids - probably best suited to ages 6 to 12 or 13.

That's the way Ty was with The Secret Garden, he loved watching it over and over.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm going to put that one on the Netflix queue, Sass. Maybe Fish will enjoy it, too.

It was cool watching this one with Fish because of the comments he made. I was surprised at the insight he had to the underlying themes in the movie. I didn't think he was old enough to pick up on all of it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to put that one on the Netflix queue, Sass. Maybe Fish will enjoy it, too.

It was cool watching this one with Fish because of the comments he made. I was surprised at the insight he had to the underlying themes in the movie. I didn't think he was old enough to pick up on all of it.
I think Fisher would love it! Let me know.
I was always surprised at how Jeff and Ty picked up on stuff when I'd watch films with them.
Didn't matter if it was a kid flick or something more adult themed.
I used to make them sit down and watch movies with me that I liked as a kid, and to this day, they are some of their very favourites they own on DVD to share with their kids.
There was a Saturday afternoon movie that has stayed with me for years.
It's called Hand In Hand, it's hard to find on DVD or video, I had to order it 3 years ago from a private owner who copied it to video for me, and I was thrilled.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053889/

buckytom

Grill Master
i watched "the count of monte cristo" with jim caviezel last night.

i really enjoyed it. i never knew the classic story by dumas. this was a nice "readers' digest" version of it.

man, now i want a monte cristo for lunch, lol.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Is that Holy chit in a good way or a bad way?

OMG, just my opinion, but I gave NetFlix 5* out of 5. This movie really touched me. Not that the story line was anything like mine, but I think I was brainless for a time after returning from "in country" - hard to explain... okay, I don't want to.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKI6AhBoWeo"]Short clip[/ame]

Being human, being a Marine, being a movie lover, this movie brought me to my knees where I know that most people would let it go and forget it. It's just me.