Movies You Watched

Some reruns on AMC this week. (The Oscars are coming up on Sunday.)

Forrest Gump
Philadelphia
Antwone Fisher
To Kill A Mockingbird
Saturday Night Fever

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've actually gotten into Spartacus - Blood and Sand on Starz this season. I've recorded all 6 of the episodes so far and will get the whole series. It is nothing like the old one with Kurt Douglass. It is done similar to movie 300 or Avatar with a mix of graphics and live action.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've actually gotten into Spartacus - Blood and Sand on Starz this season.
Holy cow! My girlfriend turned me onto this series last weekend. It's on Netflix Watch Instantly. I've never seen so many 6 and 8 packs in my life!!! It's very bloody and violent so I spend a lot of time fast forwarding through that but the rest of it is definitely worth it!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have been into the HBO series like this for years but this as far as I know is the first for Starz. I rate it right up there with Deadwood or Sopranos as far as a series goes. I think it is better done this way that Rome was with live actors in every scene. The women look pretty good also, not that this old man would notice, much. :in_love:

buckytom

Grill Master
i started watching spartacus: blood and sand last week. it's great!!!

forget the 6 packs; lots of, umm, 2 packs as well. :w00t:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Some reruns on AMC this week. (The Oscars are coming up on Sunday.)

Forrest Gump
Philadelphia
Antwone Fisher
To Kill A Mockingbird
Saturday Night Fever

There was a whole week of Forest Gump :( last week. I used to love that movie, but not now......"Louise, look that's Fowest!" Overload!

I read Jodi Picoult's book, My Sister's Keeper, and really liked it. Rented the movie a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty pitiful. It's a chick flick and will make you cry, but they left out sooooo much. Movies are usually never as good as the book.

There was a whole week of Forest Gump :( last week. I used to love that movie, but not now......"Louise, look that's Fowest!" Overload!

I read Jodi Picoult's book, My Sister's Keeper, and really liked it. Rented the movie a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty pitiful. It's a chick flick and will make you cry, but they left out sooooo much. Movies are usually never as good as the book.

Yep. What were they thinking! Once or twice was cute, but I'm "Gumped" out. LOL. Luv Tom Hanks though. And... I practically know the "Philadelphia" script by heart. "Talk to me like I'm two years old."

buckytom

Grill Master
i've caught ken burns' "the civil war" on pbs a few times recently. outside of the excessive zooms and pan on still pictures, it's an excellent work. great narrations.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Watched Crazy Heart this afternoon. Oscars; if Jeff Bridges doesn't win best actor and "The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)" doesn't win best music, original song I'll shoot myself. What a great flick.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Watched Crazy Heart this afternoon. Oscars; if Jeff Bridges doesn't win best actor and "The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)" doesn't win best music, original song I'll shoot myself. What a great flick.

Wow, that was a gutsy statement, Buzz! LOL!

I took the opportunity on this nasty, cold, rainy day to watch a couple of rented DVD's: "Perfect Getaway" on someone's (Lefty's?) recommendation, and "Orphan".

Loved them both, but now it's 12:30 and I can't sleep!

(well, it's REALLY only 11:30)

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

Sucked. Totally non-believable story and outrageous scenarios.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I watched 2012 the other night, not expecting much because of the reviews. I was surprised to find it was pretty good. It's certainly action packed and full of edge-of-your-seat chase scenes.

CharlieD

I also saw that yesterday. I liked watching it, because of action and special effects, but as a movie, it was nothing to talk about. Junk.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You're right, Charlie. The plot was predictable and the character development was lacking, but the action made it fun to watch.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Um, this may sound bad but I haven't watched any movies in quite some time. I think the last one the kids saw was G-Force, and I know the wife is constantly watching old flicks (she loves them and hates most new movies).
We have had Battle for Haditha for over a month now and still haven't watched it. Now we have Dance Movie for the last two weeks and haven't watched it either.
Jeez, need to get on the ball here, LOL.

AllenOK

I saw this a few days ago, and now I'm DROOLING in anticipation!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77rFJD00kg[/ame]

Lefty

Yank
Armored - I'll give it a C

Too predictable.

Did You Hear About The Morgans - B

Not my usual style of movie (romantic comedy) but entertaining.

buckytom

Grill Master
I saw this a few days ago, and now I'm DROOLING in anticipation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77rFJD00kg

ooh, i can't wait either. although, lawrence fishburne is a dick. he hangs out occasionally in the pub i used to frequent as he lives in a building on west 57th.
all of the bartenders said he's cheap; never buys anyone a drink, even if they've bought him several. he hits on anything female, then gets insulting when they ignore him.
supposedly, the regulars like to compliment him on samuel l. jackson or morgan freeman movies just to piss him off, lol.

espeakin' of sam'l jackson, i just watched "the negotiator". good flick for a saturday, but now i don't trust anyone...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I finally got to see The Taking of Pelham 123 last week and really enjoyed it. Pretty good action movie with Travolta and Denzel Washington.