I'm Pregnant

Newnork1978

DH is working today, but he should be off in a couple of hours...so we're going to get our walk on at the Old Pecan Street Art Festival, down town. He was working that event earlier today, and he has to help them close up shop tonight...so we'll be enjoying the few hours, in between, with some food, music and arts-n-craft goodness. :clap:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
DH is working today, but he should be off in a couple of hours...so we're going to get our walk on at the Old Pecan Street Art Festival, down town. He was working that event earlier today, and he has to help them close up shop tonight...so we'll be enjoying the few hours, in between, with some food, music and arts-n-craft goodness. :clap:
I hope you did a lot of walking and some dancing LOL

Newnork1978

40-Weeks Pregnant, today! We didn't get to walk around the festival yesterday, but we got plenty of walking done at the festival this afternoon. Whew! I'm worn out, but in a good way. :chicken:

OB appointment and acupuncture appointment set for tomorrow morning...which happens to be our little one's originally projected due-date. Let's see what SHE has in mind. :wink:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I had never heard of acupuncture to induce labor before, but it sounds way better than the old castor oil trick. I'm anxious to hear all about it.

Newnork1978

Doc appointment went well. The non-stress test was fine, except our little one was not awake enough to wiggle around like they wanted her to...but that's to be expected at 7:30am. Our amniotic-fluid index ultrasound was great, as well. No abnormalities or complications...just a peacefully floating baby (who clearly didn't want to come out on her due date). Hee-hee! :whistling:

The "labor inducing" acupuncture appointment was fun, relaxing and interesting. I was stuck with 19 needles, including one sticking out of the very top of my head. I told the acupuncturist, afterward, I felt like a Unicorn. During the treatment I felt a lot of interesting movement from the little one. Many of the needles were placed to promote lowering of the baby so she could engage with the birth canal, other needles were placed to encourage contractions, and the rest were placed to inspire relaxation (all 'round). DH sat, quietly, in the room with me the whole time. Just having him there helped a lot, too, because I'd never had acupuncture before...and he had.

Yesterday was her projected due-date (hence the doc appointment and acupuncture appointment), but as you can tell, no baby yet. I did have increasing Braxton-Hicks contractions as of yesterday afternoon...so who knows what the next few days has in store for us. I would LOVE for her to be born sometime this week, so I can look her in the eyes in time for Mother's Day. :bounce:

Newnork1978

Awww!

Go out for a jog.. that'll get things moving..:flowers: LOL

Oh wow...no thanks on the jog. I already walk like a mad-woman...I don't think I'm physically capable of actually jogging (nor do I have the energy or muscle coordination, at this stage in the game). Hee-hee!

The acupuncturist gave us some homework. One of the tasks was walking, which I've done at least 2hrs/day of for the past week or so. Another task was to eat Curry, so I had my first experience with Indian food, yesterday...which, by the way, I don't do spicy foods, so it was quite interesting to watch me endure the burn. I have to admit, aside from the heat of the spice, the Lamb Curry was mighty tasty! I was also encouraged to go for a swim...so DH and I tracked down a swimming pool, but it hasn't been warm enough (long enough) for the water to be a comfortable temperature, so I just stuck my feet in. I may end up at the YMCA this week to take advantage of their indoor pool if I don't go into labor soon. Heh! :flowers:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Go for a ride on a bumpy road. (It worked for my sister when we were taking her somewhere with us).
Good luck Angel hope it's soon for you .... but you know how little girls are, just like big girls. They take awhile to get ready and she'll be out when the time is right. My first daughter was 17 days past her due date. :eek:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
My second son was 2 weeks past his due date, all he did was lay inside me and get fat.
He weighed 9 lb 3 oz and was 22.5 inches long.:biggrin:

Newnork1978

Go for a ride on a bumpy road. (It worked for my sister when we were taking her somewhere with us).
Good luck Angel hope it's soon for you .... but you know how little girls are, just like big girls. They take awhile to get ready and she'll be out when the time is right. My first daughter was 17 days past her due date. :eek:

Yeah, and she's my daughter...meaning she's probably inherited the procrastination gene. Why do, today, what you can do tomorrow...or the next day, or the next? Ha-ha!

I'll look into trying the bumpy drive...maybe that'll shake her out. LOL :unsure:

Newnork1978

My second son was 2 weeks past his due date, all he did was lay inside me and get fat.
He weighed 9 lb 3 oz and was 22.5 inches long.:biggrin:

Well fat wouldn't be good, in my case. I have Gestational Diabetes, and big babies are considered one of the complications that come with the condition. Fortunately our little one isn't getting fat/big...she is measuring right where she needs to be. I think she's just "sleeping-in". (Another trait she most likely inherited from me) LOL :unsure:

Newnork1978

picture.php

Here is a photo of Penelope at 4 months old.

She was born "2 weeks late", from her due date, but by her size and health we believe she was in there as long as she needed to be. I had a smooth and natural labor and delivery, and I am still amazed (to this day) at what I was able to accomplish during those 16.5hrs of labor. Heh! :mrgreen:

Born: May 15, 2010 @ 6:30pm
Weight: 7lbs, 6oz
Height: 21.5in

Life has been, and continues to be, busy for DH, Penelope and me...I don't get online even half as much as I used to. I'm sure FM has kept many of you posted on the birth of her first grandchild and all the joys that come with a new baby. I just wanted to post something, myself, to let ya'll know we're doing fantastic and we hope this post finds you all in good health and good spirits. Take care!

Sincerely,
Newnork1978 (aka: Angel)
:chef:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful baby...thanks for posting the picture. Actually, Fisher's Mom has been completely MIA lately, so not only is this the first glimpse NCT has had of the dolly, it's the first news we've gotten!!
Any idea where Fisher's Mom is?? Is all well?? Do we need to be alarmed?? (because, clearly, we are....)
Realize how swamped you are, but any information in the way of an actual update would be appreciated.

Newnork1978

picture.php

This picture was taken about a month ago. Penelope is 16 months old, now. She's walking, talking, counting (up to 10), knows most of her colors & knows the whole alphabet. A lot has happened in the past year, or so...how are things with ya'll? :heart:

- Angel

PS: In case no one has seen-or-heard from FM lately...she is doing very well & keeping busy with life-outside-the-box. No need for alarm, but I can understand how much she is missed and worried about.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Angel.
Nice to see you again.
That's a lovely photo.
I have not heard from FM in a long time.
Give her my love, because I truly do miss her around here.
Very much so.

Newnork1978

Sure thing, Sass...I have been passing along everyone's concerns and well-wishes. Life is just so full, for FM, right now. Nothing to worry about. :flowers:

- Angel

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I understand and thank you very much!
Just sent her an email.. hopefully she gets it and answers.

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Gorgeous child. And yes, we do miss FM, and I miss her remodeling adventures. I hope she ventures back here someday and brings her joy back to the forum. Please pass along my wishes to her for a happy birthday in a few weeks. Her b'day is the day after mine.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
What a sweetie! I know you're proud!

I miss FM too :sad: Maybe she could just pop in from time to time just long enough to say "Hello"?