I'm Pregnant

Newnork1978

Good luck with all this. Sounds like an extra challenge but keeping a close eye on eating habits is a good thing and can lead to good habits after the little darling is born. Plus, this will mean you won't gain as much total weight when means you'll be able to get back into your jeans sooner. (My daughter could not wait to get back in her comfy, good ole, jeans. :D)

Thanks Doc. Yeah, we're really looking forward to making good habits from this...and it wouldn't hurt to get back into my old jeans quicker, too. :wink:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hear things are a bit crazy down in Austin today. Somebody flew a private plane into the IRS building. :eek:

Newnork1978

From what little info I've gathered from other Austin residents, some guy set his own house on fire and then flew a single-engine plane into an IRS building because he was mad at the IRS. I haven't researched the story yet (or turned on the TV). DH drove right past the building a little while ago and said it was still smoking. No idea on how many hurt or dead, yet. :huh:

By the way, I live within 5 miles of the crash site.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that is close. I was wondering about how close you were. Hopefully no one you know was in the building.

Newnork1978

Wow, that is close. I was wondering about how close you were. Hopefully no one you know was in the building.

I don't know anyone who works there (or near there). But I do feel for the families of those who may be hurt, or worse. :unsure:

Newnork1978

Yesterday DH and I attended my Gestational Diabetes class, where we were taught about my new dietary needs as well as how to use my Diabetes testing equipment. We came home with tons of reading material, which is good since there was just so much information to process (during the class).

Today is my first "official" day of diet and exercise (and testing). DH helped me start today off right by waking up with me, making us breakfast and exercising with me...all before he went off to work with a healthy lunch and snacks (of his own) packed and ready to keep him on track while he's away from the house. He is so supportive and has been looking forward to adopting my diet so we can "get healthy" together. :bounce:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I see commercials all the time on tv for free diabetic cookbooks. There may be some kind of catch though. Good luck with your new lifestyle. :respect:

Newnork1978

I see commercials all the time on tv for free diabetic cookbooks. There may be some kind of catch though. Good luck with your new lifestyle. :respect:

Thanks! :flowers:

I figure I'd go straight to a reliable source, Diabetes.org. Since I have Gestational Diabetes, my condition is as temporary as my pregnancy. I don't need a physical cookbook to keep 'round the house for after my daughter is born, although I'm sure I'll carry over a lot of the recipes, postpartum, just because they are healthy for us. We'll see how it goes. :bb:

Newnork1978

Last Tuesday I had Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast. I thought, if I ate the correct portion, I'd be fine. My blood sugar spiked significantly, and it took me most of the day to get my levels back where they needed to be. Lesson learned: No Honey Nut Cheerios for Breakfast! :unsure:

This morning I had Special K (Original) cereal for breakfast. The nutritional values were more along the lines of what I should be eating, and again I thought correct portion sizes would be fine. I just tested my blood sugar and it's spiked (not has high as with the cheerios, but still significant). Lesson learned: NO CEREAL FOR BREAKFAST! :neutral:

Newnork1978

I successfully survived the temptation to have cake, pigs in a blanket and other such non-healthy foods at my Aunt's wedding this weekend...although, by the look of my blood glucose levels, you wouldn't have known I didn't eat any of it. :shock:

I guess just being in close proximity to sweets/pastries can raise your blood sugar. Heh! :huh:

Newnork1978

Update: 34-Weeks Pregnant

Since being diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes I have implemented a strict diet and eating schedule. After 3 weeks of diet and exercise (alone) I was put on Glyburide (oral pill alternative to Insulin shots)...and since becoming medicated my scores have been much better. Once medication came into play my pregnancy went from "no-risk" to "low-risk" and my doctors now want to make sure we deliver by 39-weeks.

Last Monday we had a non-stress test (20 minutes attached to a fetal monitor to check her heart-rate and movement), and everything looked great. This morning we had a sonogram, and again everything looked great. Knowing she is still developing on schedule and looking great makes us extremely happy! Looks like we'll get to meet our daughter within the next month...we cannot wait! :flowers:
:clap:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the update. You are so close now. I know, I know (I heard it from my wife enough times) the last 4 weeks always seem the longest. Try to focus on anything else and the day to day stuff to help make the time pass. You are so close now. It won't be long. I'm so looking forward to the first pics of her. :D

Newnork1978

:a1: Thanks! These last few weeks may appear to be the longest, but that's only because we are no longer able to contain our excitement over getting to meet our daughter. DH and I are fairly patient people, but this whole 9+ month wait is slowly driving us bonkers. Hee-hee! :tongue:

Newnork1978

picture.php

Updated picture...taken approximately 30 minutes ago. :mrgreen:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Agreed--you do look fabulous, very healthy and happy. Can't wait to see pic's of the wee one.

Deelady

aWWW How cute! Wow I didn't realize you were already so far along! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes without any issues and as little discomfort as possible!!
How are you sleeping? Is it getting hard yet??
Can't wait for you to have your own little wiggle worm right next to you like I do :D :D

Meme4251

Angel, you look fantastic....So glad for a recent update....Know you and Nick are just estatic about your new little one being here before we know it....You take care and wishing you all the best....Meme;)

Newnork1978

aWWW How cute! Wow I didn't realize you were already so far along! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes without any issues and as little discomfort as possible!!
How are you sleeping? Is it getting hard yet??
Can't wait for you to have your own little wiggle worm right next to you like I do :D :D

Thanks! Yeppers...I'm 34.5-Weeks Pregnant and we're looking forward to meeting our little girl here shortly! :thumb: I'm sleeping quite well, actually. I had more issues with sleep earlier on, but now I think I've got the hang of getting comfy despite my Buddha Belly. Hee-hee! :smile:

Newnork1978

Angel, you look fantastic....So glad for a recent update....Know you and Nick are just estatic about your new little one being here before we know it....You take care and wishing you all the best....Meme;)

:smile: Thank you. Yes, we're very excited and ready to start the next chapter in our journey in parenthood. Hee-hee!

Newnork1978

Update: 36-Weeks Pregnant

If you count the weeks I am officially 9 months pregnant. According to doctors, "full-term" is anywhere between 36-40 Weeks. With that said, it appears I may be able to go into labor "any day now". My stomach has "dropped" in the past couple of weeks, leading many of my family and friends to speculate that I will be meeting my daughter within the next week or two. :blush:

DH and I are in over-drive getting last-minute preparations finished before our baby is born. There really isn't all that much left to do, but considering I haven't begun "nesting" yet, he and I are doing our best to motivate each other to get our place extra clean and set up for the baby. In fact he accomplished quite a lot of de-cluttering/re-arranging while I was out of town this weekend. He is the best! :clap:

Well, I didn't have a doctors appointment last week...for whatever reason...so I haven't really heard anything new since my last update. I have an appointment this week where we'll get to ask all sorts of questions and find out if my stomach "dropping" is a true sign that our daughter is getting ready to make her grand appearance soon. :flowers:

I am at the beginning of the final wait for labor....let's hope I don't go bonkers wondering if every little twinge and tingle could turn into "it's time!". Hee-hee! :whistling:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Isn't this the best time of your life, Angel? It's like waiting for a surprise party - you never know when it's going to happen, but you know it will be awesome!

Dropping is a sign that your body is preparing for birth, but you can be dropped for as much as 4 to 6 weeks with a first baby. It's a good sign since a head down baby who has settled in the pelvis rarely turns. One less thing to worry about.

In about 2 weeks, I'll take you down to the coast and we can walk the beach for a few hours. (It worked with Fisher.) It's a nice thing to do and it might even get things moving!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Go Angel go. It's been exciting for the NCT family to "watch" you throughout your pregnancy. It won't be long now..... :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Angel, you are a very beautiful woman! Glad that you feel good!

Terry, "the best time of your life"??? Geez. No wonder you have a 100 kids! LOL!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
LOL, Lee. I meant the last couple of weeks are the best time. Because you get the baby really soon. (I hated all the rest of being pregnant. Adoption is vastly under-rated IMO.)

Newnork1978

Isn't this the best time of your life, Angel? It's like waiting for a surprise party - you never know when it's going to happen, but you know it will be awesome!

Dropping is a sign that your body is preparing for birth, but you can be dropped for as much as 4 to 6 weeks with a first baby. It's a good sign since a head down baby who has settled in the pelvis rarely turns. One less thing to worry about.

Well, the first time we noticed my stomach had dropped was three weeks ago. Since then it's gotten lower and lower with each week. I don't think my stomach can get any lower...but we'll see. Hee-hee! Nick and I have been doing lots of walking, we bought a birthing ball (which feels great to sit on and stretch my back), and we set up the co-sleeper yesterday. We're doing our best to prepare for our "surprise party". :bounce: