• yes

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • no

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Charlie, you are going through one of my worst recurring nightmares - that I've started smoking again. I wake up in a sweat when I have that dream.

The thought of quitting all over again is horrifying.

Hey, quitters- how about this question: if you knew DEFINITELY that the world was going to end on a particular day, say, three months from now, would you start smoking cigarettes again?

I would!

Lee

Lee

absolutely not.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, quitters- how about this question: if you knew DEFINITELY that the world was going to end on a particular day, say, three months from now, would you start smoking cigarettes again?

I would!

Lee

Interesting question. I like to think that no way would I start back up smoking, even in that situation .....but now you got me wondering, and I'm not 100% positive.
I like to think I would have a bucket list of things to do before the end ...but if the whole world knows it's ending and everyone would be doing the same, I fear it would be kaos ...and no one would get anything done. It all might drive me to smoking.

Mints and such did not work for me. What did work was putting my two fingers up to my lips and sucking on them as if I had a cig. Keeping the fingers tight together would give enough pressure that it did feel like toking on a cig, but without the smoke. Weird, I know but it worked for me.

I did it cold turkey but I also have to admit I quit 100 zillion times before and failed. I guess I wanted it bad enough on that last time.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I quit when my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. I use to be able to pick 'em up and put 'em down at will until the last time. It was hard but it was the best thing that I did.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Charlie, you are going through one of my worst recurring nightmares - that I've started smoking again. I wake up in a sweat when I have that dream.

The thought of quitting all over again is horrifying.

I would!

Lee

Lee

Doubt it. I quit because I started to hate smoking. I have my beloved snus to keep me happy!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Not for close to two years, but I still think about it.
And I am by no means what I refer to as a "born again non-smoker". The people who have quit and now try to push quitting on everyone else. That pisses me off. All these cities and states banning smoking pisses me off, too. Too much regulating going on for me.
HEAR HEAR!! i quit in june. i am the same as you. pushing quitting is being a hypocrite in my eyes. and all this banning is pissing me off also. pretty soon it will be like demolition man!! has anyone seen that movie? (will you admit you have seen it? LOL i like that movie!!) everything is banned including meat, salt, toilet paper, cussing and SEX!! :yum: and anything anyone thinks may be bad for you.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
It was another failure for me as was CHANTIX other than the dreaming was pretty well extreme..... The CHANTIX was rather expensive too but didn't make even a dent in my smoking. Worked about as well as all the other methods I've tried. To bad the states that got all the money from the tobacco industry in law suites aren't forced to pay for this stop smoking drugs but not a chance as it goes right into their treasuries instead.

I tried chantix last year....I still smoke and actually after coming off of chantix,I smoke more than when I started...lol

I feel the need to quit all the time but being the most addictive legal or otherwise substance in the world,it's hard..I will quit eventually..lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
the insurance companies won't cover the stop smoking drugs BUT have no problem paying for cancer treatment caused by smoking. kinda backasswards!! just like they won't cover putting in an IUD for birth control but Will cover removing an IUD and cover an abortion. doesn't make any sense to me.

i quit on june 14,2009. haven't had a cig since.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I tried quitting a bunch of times before I finally wanted it bad enough about 10 years ago. DH and I went into a restaurant and asked to be seated in the smoking section. It had been closed up and the ventilation system wasn't working the greatest and it smelled absolutely horrific. I was pretty grossed out and thought about what my house must smell like to people who don't smoke. I haven't picked one up since. DH quit about 6 months later because I wouldn't let him smoke in the house anymore. Would I pick them up again if the world was gonna end in 3 months or so? NOPE! Can't stand the smell of them anymore. I do like the smell of a good cigar...never smoked one I but do like the smell.

After several failed attempts, I finally used depressants to quit smoking. I was on Welbutrin (sp?) for 3-4 months, quit smoking, then dumped the pills. I hated how I felt on the antidepressants, but they made me not want to smoke, so it was worth it in the long run. I hope things work out for you. Good Luck.

I tried the antidepressant wellbutrin. It was prescribed for anxiety. A very bad reaction made me dump them. I am a heavy smoker. Have been for years. I quit twice. Once, when I had such a bad case of the flu (high fever etc.), I was hospitalized & given oxygen treatments. I was too weak when I got home to think about smoking. Picked it up again a few weeks later due to stress. There are standing ashtrays on every level of the bldg walkways & elevators (oudoors), & ashtrays at the pool. Smoking three packs a day is costing a fortune & there are even certain beaches that don't allow smoking. When I'm serious, I may try again.