without the flak

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Howdy, Im Bob aka GRK aka GhettoRacingKid,

Im a Long Island Kid, Work in IT and have a Culinary Education jsut not working in the biz currently. I enjoy baking and using what I got,

Geez, GRK, I didn't know all that stuff about you!

Good to see you here! :flowers:

Lee

GhettoRacingKid

my family's at #68.

HAHAH that made me laugh. Im assuming you mean Exit 68 on the LIE. You can always tell a non local on the island. Everyone refers to the exit on the LIE.

I have no Idea what exit I am on the LIE becuase I dont take it and Im on the south shore.

I grew up in Levitton and im not living in Lindenhurst near the water with my sister and her husband. The wife and I got our own apartment with my own kitchen again thank goodness.

Im doing Good SK. I thought about you the other day. IT was cold in my apt so I decieded to bake some cookies to get the place warm. yeah it was win win. I had cookies and warmed the place up. cant get any better

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi pugger. I'm glad they invited you to. :thumb:
Welcome to Net Cooking Talk. Glad you could join the party. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
So THIS is where you guys have been!

Hey everybody! Thanks, Jeeks, for inviting me over. Some new faces and some familiar faces make it a very good party. For those of you who don't know me yet, I am an expat from the northwest US (Portland, OR), enjoying the Pacific Coast of Mexico with my DH. We've lived here (near Puerto Vallarta) for almost three years and it is a culinary adventure as well as a place of great beauty and friendship. In my former life, I was a university administrator and lobbyist :ohmy: - I have now allowed the right half of my brain to take over, and I spend my days painting (even sell a few). Looking forward to getting to know you all better...

Saludos,
Karen

lilylove

HI MK!! *PDSWIFE* here... had to change my name to protect the innocent!

Welcome to the group! It's growing bigger and stronger everyday! Have fun!!

CharlieD

Hello

Introduction, I guess is in order.

Though I see a lot of familiar faces, for those who do not know me, allow me to introduce my self. I was born and raised in Kiev Ukraine, until I came to the USA on my 30 birthday. I went to culinary school for about a month or two until under pressure from my parents I had to quit and go to University to become a mechanical engineer, I hate anything mechanical. So you can imagine how much I like my job. But cooking always was my interest, maybe not passion, but real interest.
I keep kosher, ( I can explain later if somebody is interested what that entails) though only for the last 9 years or so, before that I’ve managed to try and eat quite few things of various degrees of weirdness, so I know thing or two about cooking and eating pretty much anything addible, except bugs. That is where I draw the line. No bugs on my menu.
So here I am, thanks to Jeekinz, who invited me.

Let’s cook and eat.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Charlie. GREAT intro. Thanks. Welcome to Net Cooking Talk. I'm glad you decided to join the party. :thumb:
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sattie, Sattie ... you sure do not deserve that avatar. You are not a dork in my book. :tiphat: