👨‍🍳👩‍🍳What's On Our Plates- Sunday April 28 to Saturday May 4🍽️

Ginny

Gotta run over to Mom's today. Pay her end of the month bills...and bring her some homemade strawberry jam, a fresh made breakfast sand and some l/o pizza. When I get home, I'll be working on a nice Pot Roast for our dinner...and making some salad dressings for the fridge. Pot Roast will include carrots, potatoes and boiling onions too.

Busy, busy!
smileys-cook-489561.gif

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I went to Costco the other day and bought a big package of boneless pork loin chops. I pair them up with two of similar weight and freeze them in dinner packages. This time I had one left over that was extra thick and one thin. They won’t cook the same, so I cubed them and sautéed honey garlic pork bites.

A side salad and Bob’s your uncle.
IMG_3535.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I went to Costco the other day and bought a big package of boneless pork loin chops. I pair them up with two of similar weight and freeze them in dinner packages. This time I had one left over that was extra thick and one thin. They won’t cook the same, so I cubed them and sautéed honey garlic pork bites.

A side salad and Bob’s your uncle.View attachment 66467

Bob's your uncle!! LOL!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹 🍉 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Brunch was poached eggs over corned beef hash, home fries, and Grands biscuits. What I like about my poached eggs is the whites separate from the yolks. So they come out like little balls of runny yolk, which I prefer over the whites.

brunch_042824_1_IMG_2614.jpg

Dinner was Shabu Hot Pot Buffet. No pictures.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hear that today is National Taco Day...so, sounds like a good excuse to have tacos! Now the question is, what kind of tacos. :unsure:

I think I'll make tacos on Sunday, Cinco de Mayo. Probably go for frozen battered fish filets this time rather than using SilverSage's spectacular batter on fresh fish (but will do hers this summer for sure). https://netcookingtalk.com/forums/threads/silversages-tempura-recipe-from-atk.34540/

I'm spending Saturday with friends at a Kentucky Derby party at which I might overindulge in adult beverages, so Sunday's dinner shouldn't be too strenuous. :cool:

Lee

Ginny

I think I'll make tacos on Sunday, Cinco de Mayo. Probably go for frozen battered fish filets this time rather than using SilverSage's spectacular batter on fresh fish (but will do hers this summer for sure). https://netcookingtalk.com/forums/threads/silversages-tempura-recipe-from-atk.34540/

I'm spending Saturday with friends at a Kentucky Derby party at which I might overindulge in adult beverages, so Sunday's dinner shouldn't be too strenuous. :cool:

Lee
Have you ever tried a baked version, THIS ONE works well with Sole too, although the recipe doesn't name sole. Super easy, especially if you keep a jar of the spices already mixed.

lilbopeep

🌹 🍉 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My allergies are going crazy. I made a quick chicken soup last night. Rotisserie chicken, fresh vegetables, and Swanson chicken cooking stock. Served over brown rice.