What is Your Weather?

Embryodad

It's 12:00 Noon... Started snowing 10:30..
It's gorgeous outside..snowing pretty good and sticking to the trees and ground. Not the streets yet.
I'm sitting here looking out the windows...the litties are filling up their tummies for their day long sleepy sleepy time. hahahahahaha
The bad thing...is the snow is piling on the trees that still have leaves.
The tall over 40 foot trees have no leaves on the tops for some reason. maybe that's a good thing; for breaking and dropping on the power lines that is.

Jingle Bells...Jingle Bells...Jingle all the way.....Oh what fun...it is to ride..in a One Horse oooo ...pppeeeen sleigh!

Embryodad

Just starting to stick on the streets...

DW just had to go driving around...she is like a little kid that never saw snow...

Forcast was 4 to 6...but I figure we will get around 7 or 8

72534610.jpg

Temp is perfect for snow.... 33ºF Wet Snow! :wink::wub:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
So weird to see snow, it is almost 70 here this morning need to get out and walk before it gets too warm. So. Cal.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It's beginning to look a lot like ........ ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a white Halloween?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I heard most of the town of Paramus is without power. My girl works in Paramus and they lost power around 3:15 and shut the store and sent the employees home. A cop came around to tell them that no work will be done till later or tomorrow when it is safe. Took my hub an hour to get to pick her up and they still aren't home. I got an automated phone call from our Boro saying they declared a state of emergency and people should stay of the roads but if you are driving watch out for downed power lines and falling trees/limbs. As of now we have power.

GotGarlic

I heard most of the town of Paramus is without power. My girl works in Paramus and they lost power around 3:15 and shut the store and sent the employees home. A cop came around to tell them that no work will be done till later or tomorrow when it is safe. Took my hub an hour to get to pick her up and they still aren't home. I got an automated phone call from our Boro saying they declared a state of emergency and people should stay of the roads but if you are driving watch out for downed power lines and falling trees/limbs. As of now we have power.

Hard to believe weather is this bad so early in the year.

We have 41 degrees and clear right now. Cold for us. Hope all goes well for everyone up north.

Peeps, wanted to say, your sig cracks me up :lol:

Well, the ugliness has stopped here & there's even a sunset going on. But temps are predicted to drop to 29 tonight, so I'll be bringing in some potted plants & hunkering down.

Geez - 29 degrees in October.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hard to believe weather is this bad so early in the year.

We have 41 degrees and clear right now. Cold for us. Hope all goes well for everyone up north.

Peeps, wanted to say, your sig cracks me up :lol:
Thank you GG. Took my family about 2 1/2 hours to get home +/-. I am glad you got a chuckle from my sig. I will be changing as soon as I find a good one. Stay tuned. LOL

Leni

So weird to see snow, it is almost 70 here this morning need to get out and walk before it gets too warm. So. Cal.
It was a beautiful day but I would have liked it to be a little cooler. I went to the veggie garden around 11:30 and worked until 3:30. It's time to pull out the summer stuff, rototill and plant the winter things.

'My gazebo collapsed.' That's a bummer Adillo303. Sounds like some of you folks back east are going to have a hard time of it.

cookingirl

predicting 2-6 inches of snow along the coast!!!!!!!and coastal flooding???!!!!!!!!!
humphmmmm! believe it when I see it!!!!! cold rain right now....

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
well, CG ;
do you believe it now ?

We dodged the bullet here in the Greater Philly area......... they were predicting three inches ....we got three centimeters.

Trenton, just 8 miles north of us, got 3-5 !! (inches)

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
well, one less tree to duck&mow around . . .
DSC_1131s.jpg

actually the snow got both trees in the front.
some old growth mostly oak surrounds us on two sides, most of the day and into evening we could hear the explosive cracks and limbs/trees thundering to the ground - I'd guesstimate about 50-60 trees were damaged to some extent.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I can't imagine snow already! Here in the NW we've got mild temps mid-upper 50's rain & wind....typical weather here year 'round, lol

Embryodad

Just got on line with Generator Hooked up.

One gen took a dump and crapped ou
This one DD's BF brought over. It's running; but sounds like a thrashin machine. Keeping fingers crossed.

Heat is working and computer internet..and one small TV.

It's 35º out..and supposed to drop to low 20's.

Power will be out for three days they said.. Darn.

Everyone else stay secure...Be careful.

Embryodad

I'm back....

I can't believe that we have cable for the TV
This is a pain in the balogna...

I guess I have Generator watch tonight. I wish the darn thing had a bigger gas tank..hahaha
The DD and BF came over and shoveled me out. The snow was like 7" here, and heavy and so wet, that the snow blower was useless.
Poor Jim Jr. Had trees hanging on his power lines. His driveway and lines go to the house like 175 feet, but the power Co. only will fix 50 feet from the street... he was out there with a pole saw cutting the darn tree branches like 6" diameter.

I told him he was crazy. Standing in wet snow. The 2 inch pipe mast on his house bent.

The reason the power Co. won't repair the line breaks..is because the tree trimmers have to cut all the trees off the lines first. Thay are S L O W to get things done too!

I just hope everyone is safe...and it will all go to normal in a few days.

Everyone stay safe, and God Bless!

I'm not used to this DW's laptop. The keys are silver with black indented font. It is dizzy for me...L O L ...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We never lost power but other end of town and next town over did. Power lines and trees down by my daughters high school. They have the streets blocked off but the school has power.

Good luck everyone and I hope you get you power back sooner then expected. Stay safe.

Leni

This makes me so glad that I live here in Los Angeles. The weather today is partially cloudy and in the upper 70's. If I want snow I can go to the mountains. It actually has snowed here three times in the Valley but only once did it stick around long enough to play in it.

Take care everyone. It's a bummer being without power. I went four days without it after the Northridge earthquake. The news is saying that some of you will be without power for up to a week.

Embryodad

Thank God it is warming up a bit...
the schools have no power..well the middle school and high school on this side of town.
I live on the poor side of the town, and we get taken care of last. L O L
The power lines are so antiquated..and they come down even if the wind blows too hard.

I am still on Generator power, but just the heat and refrigerator and freezer.
Actually the freezer is so cold that I don't even run it at night. The important5 thing is the Heat. Tina does not like to be cold. Yet she prefers the cold than the heat. hahahahaha....
When she was little in Pennsylvania, she lived in a cold water flat with no heat.
The only heat was a coal stove for cooking in the kitchen.
She liked the winter, because she could make jello, and she jelled it cold on the window sill. Sge said she could not look out the windows because they usually had a thick crust of frost on them. She used to scrape the ice with a spoon, and eat it.

So far... they say by Friday we will get power restored to some.??

Leni

Just hope that a fire doesn't start around here today. We have full blown Santa Anna winds going. Gusts are over 50 mph.

Leni

The winds come down the canyons and compression heats them up. That dries everything out. Trees are coming down and Santa Clarita just north of me has some power outages. All kinds of stuff blowing around such as palm fronds and tree branches. This is the kind of wind that blows shingles off the roof. Good thing that it is supposed to end tonight.

Embryodad

The winds come down the canyons and compression heats them up. That dries everything out. Trees are coming down and Santa Clarita just north of me has some power outages. All kinds of stuff blowing around such as palm fronds and tree branches. This is the kind of wind that blows shingles off the roof. Good thing that it is supposed to end tonight.
Oh! Lord...that is scarey

Just got power on 1 hour ago. DD was over and fired up every light in the house. hahaha

It was warm today. It's 47 now, and going to hit 35 in the am. Not bad.