What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Went to church, then had brunch at the diner.

Was going to go north and see the wee ones, but Mommy and Maddy have colds, the baby is fussy and Daddy took the day off to take care of them.
So Nana won't interfere or risk catching what they have.

Saliha

A lot of work in the garden today. Now the next job is: sleeping.

off-to-bed-smiley.gif

Good night to all.

Johnny West

Today is Miss Amelia Jean's 4th birthday and there will be a party at Chuck E Cheese's. Yesterday was Ziva's, her friend, 4th birthday and they will do it together.

Embryodad

Fixed mommy's car today. She had a misfire cylinder #7 on Friday on way home from uncles 3- 1/2 hours away. It's amazing.....I pulled the code, checked and ordered the coil on plug on Saturday....and had it delivered this morning. Got it through Amazon prime.
That Prime is the best thing I ever joined. Fast 2 day shipping and free.
Some items I've had delivered on a Sunday too.
They had a special for $49.99 for the year, so I signed up. It's normally $99.00 I think.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Today is Miss Amelia Jean's 4th birthday and there will be a party at Chuck E Cheese's. Yesterday was Ziva's, her friend, 4th birthday and they will do it together.

Happy Birthday to Amelia!

I kept myself busy today, took a walk, did some things around the house, gave the dog a bath (a task within itself lol)
Went grocery shopping, etc..

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Looking around to see if members are online and I see myself and mizzthang510, no posts but always private messaging.
huh? :yum:

Johnny West

She is so pleased that she is 4.

We all had a good time and they really do a good job with the kids.
The pizza was not bad and also had 6 wings Patrick didn't want and
they were excellent.

Embryodad

She is so pleased that she is 4.

We all had a good time and they really do a good job with the kids.
The pizza was not bad and also had 6 wings Patrick didn't want and
they were excellent.
Oh! ... Happy Birthday to GD and her friend. We took our GD to Chuckie Cheese when she was little! Now she's 23.
Pizza was not bad. Now we get to take her kid to the same place. Soon as he's born and then in a couple years; God be willing!
Any day now.

Johnny West

I know! We took Amelia's father and brothers to Chuck's when they were toddlers and he is now 36. I doubt I'll get back there any time soon, though.

Today I went to Winco and bought items for a few meals I have ideas about. Their U.S.A. lamb shanks and beef rib steaks were excellent and got a pack of each.

It's rained most of the day but looks like it will be nice to grill.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been busy with sprinkler repairs and roofers. Going through insurance to get a new roof is frustrating...so many hoops to jump through :(.

My latest project is putting casters on a storage chest I bought for my bedroom to store blankets, etc.

IMG_6614.jpg

Casters that I already have, took them off of my mother's coffee table:

IMG_6616.jpg

I'm putting them into the solid wood feet on the chest. I don't get exactly how to put them on there. I did the online chat with Lowes. They sell the exact same set of casters. Response from Lowes was :mrgreen::

Upon checking, you will need to just drilled pilot holes and jammed the threaded ends straight into the wood.

I'm not so sure that's going to work. Maybe I need to drill a hole, insert a wall anchor type thing into the hole, and then screw the caster into the anchor. Or, maybe Lowe's way would work. It's kind of the same thing as screwing a screw into a piece of wood. It may be pretty hard to screw the caster directly into the wood though. Any opinions/advice? Remember, girly here with not much hand strength :). Looks like I'm missing a nut :mrgreen:.

Embryodad

I've been busy with sprinkler repairs and roofers. Going through insurance to get a new roof is frustrating...so many hoops to jump through :(.

My latest project is putting casters on a storage chest I bought for my bedroom to store blankets, etc.

IMG_6614.jpg

Casters that I already have, took them off of my mother's coffee table:

IMG_6616.jpg

I'm putting them into the solid wood feet on the chest. I don't get exactly how to put them on there. I did the online chat with Lowes. They sell the exact same set of casters. Response from Lowes was :mrgreen::

Upon checking, you will need to just drilled pilot holes and jammed the threaded ends straight into the wood.

I'm not so sure that's going to work. Maybe I need to drill a hole, insert a wall anchor type thing into the hole, and then screw the caster into the anchor. Or, maybe Lowe's way would work. It's kind of the same thing as screwing a screw into a piece of wood. It may be pretty hard to screw the caster directly into the wood though. Any opinions/advice? Remember, girly here with not much hand strength :). Looks like I'm missing a nut :mrgreen:.
No cooksie,
the casters shown are the threaded type. What you need, is the push in caster kit.
It comes with a sleeve that is inserted into a drilled hole, and then the caster end, is just pushed into the sleeve socket.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Shepherd...PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-203661053-_-100157947-_-N

What you need, is to ask the sales clerk, what size drill to use to accept the shaft.
Note that they say Friction grip. You may have to be careful the holes drilled, and the size, is not too big for the leg squares.
A small town hardware may be of better help.

Last edited:

Johnny West

I'm subbing a grade 5 class today and is the first sub job I've taken since December when my knee started to get bad. I'm hoping it goes well.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy! Those look like they would work perfectly. I've got to return some things to Lowes this afternoon, so I'll look to see what they have. The only drawback is the $$$. If I use those, I'd have $20 worth of casters on a $40 chest :(.

I'm just sitting here waiting on the roofer.

Good luck with sub job, JW. Fifth grade isn't too bad...usually.

Johnny West

I can't remember the last time I saw chalk and a black board. Everyting is white board and erasable markers. The overheads projectors are no longer used although the teacher I subbed for yesterday had one just never uses it. The new ones are built into the ceiling and can play DVD's.

This is the one most elementary rooms use. The junior high and high school use both this and the projector hanging from the ceiling.

I had a good day but was sure tired at the end of the day. I knew most of the kids from having subbed them for two years.

Attachments

• ########projector.jpg
    ########projector.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 130

Johnny West

Today mowed, cleaned up leaves, and weed eated the back yard. Hopefully that will be the last of it for the season. The front will need more work later. I sub teach tomorrow.

Embryodad

Jumped on the riding mower and cut the back grass, and then fudged cutting the front half way decent. I'll use the trimmer to get close and at the post and rail fence. The walk behind starts, but won't run. Gotta clean the gummy carburetor out from the crappy gas with the ethanol in it. I was in no mood for doing that today! uh! uh!...

Johnny West

Yesterday the teacher I subbed for had the overhead unit hooked up to a netbook. All I had to do was turn on the ceiling projector and it was ready to go.

Today I've been cleaning house is prep for the mrs having bunko tomorrow night. It never ends.

After I mowed and raked the back it's been alive with towhees and robins feeding in grass. I imagine I distured a lot of bugs and the like. I started putting out seed and have been getting the junkos, chickadees, and Stellar Jays feeding too. Just had a flicker feeding as well. I rarely see them.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my doctor was by. i was a grump, seeing as to how i'd not heard my him ring me. twice. then i met my pal, & then we drank a few here. he gets drowsy, & i get into watching my golden girls episodes, so we both win--

Johnny West

We did a commissary and Class VI store run then came home and hosed off the hot tun cover and patio.

Tomorrow I'm making the run to Westport for tuna, smoked salmon, and oysters.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Lots of running around, cleaning out closets, dropping off things at Goodwill, grocery shopping etc..
Dinner out on the way back home.

Johnny West

We drove to Westport today(in a downpour) and had lunch in a new place, shopped for canned tuna at Merino's, took a walk on the beach, on the way out hit Brady Oysters and had oyster shooters and bought fresh local cranberries. The last stop was Bay City Sausage for smoked hot dogs, smoked gouda, and Hungarian sausage.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The temps are dropping here a bit, so yesterday I brought in some houseplants that I had summering on the patio and cleaned up a little out there.

Today I went to Aldi to buy some groceries. I have to just make myself go because it's kind of a little drive. I'm always happy when I get home though. Some of their prices are unbelievable - Large Grd A eggs $.39, 1 lb Roma tomatoes $.49, two large broccoli crowns $.69, gallon whole milk $.79, boneless skinless chicken breasts $1.89/lb, 3 lbs Granny Smith apples $2.29.

They have Sat/Sun specials, so I bought some 80/20 ground beef for $1.75/lb and a wedge of Havarti cheese, just because I don't think I've ever tried it, for $1.24. I love that place :brows:.

I have been looking at food vacuum sealing machines. I think I've settled on a Nesco, but I'm still not sure yet.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, it's been decades since I've seen prices like that!

Nice going!

Lee

Johnny West

I know! I don't think we have aldi's here in the NW. I'll have search for that one.

I'm watching football and looks like someone is ordering pizza.