What are you doing today?

Johnny West

I'll drive to Des Moines this afternoon to pick up the granddaughter, later will grill hot dogs, make a side of zucchini, and heat a can of baked beans.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I started the dishwasher last night, and when I got up this morning the blue start/resume buttom was flashing. It's usually solid blue when the cycle finishes. I opened it and then closed it, still flashing blue.

I read some stuff, and then found a video of how to re-set it by pushing certain buttons in a sequence. I did that and the dishwasher went through a 10 minute cycle/diagnostic check, which is what the video guy said it would do. After that, it turned itself off.

Now I've got my fingers crossed as it runs through another complete cycle.

Learned something new too while I was reading. Dishwashers have a filter that is supposed to be cleaned at least yearly. I've never done that, ever :confused:. Time to figure it out.

Embryodad

I started the dishwasher last night, and when I got up this morning the blue start/resume buttom was flashing. It's usually solid blue when the cycle finishes. I opened it and then closed it, still flashing blue.

I read some stuff, and then found a video of how to re-set it by pushing certain buttons in a sequence. I did that and the dishwasher went through a 10 minute cycle/diagnostic check, which is what the video guy said it would do. After that, it turned itself off.

Now I've got my fingers crossed as it runs through another complete cycle.

Learned something new too while I was reading. Dishwashers have a filter that is supposed to be cleaned at least yearly. I've never done that, ever :confused:. Time to figure it out.
We have a filter too. Ours is a Bosch like 17 years old. I pull off the bottom spray arm, and the filter basket unscrews with a twist to clean it out.
It's really never with debris because we are rinse before putting in the washer kind of people.

Embryodad

Today... I help the next door neighbor replace the power steering pump on his wives Subaru. Then put up the new mailbox which I've had for 4 years.
The old one is beyond patching any more. LOL

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
what's the rush on the mailbox?
<gg>

I'm making sawdust. er, chips. from the planner - by the metal 31 gallon can full....
I buy my lumber rough sawn. making two desks and three "side boys" - I'm gonna be chewing on this bit I byted off for a while . . .

Embryodad

what's the rush on the mailbox?
<gg>

I'm making sawdust. er, chips. from the planner - by the metal 31 gallon can full....
I buy my lumber rough sawn. making two desks and three "side boys" - I'm gonna be chewing on this bit I byted off for a while . . .
The squirrels are starting to chew the cedar shingles off. I could throw a metal roof on it, but the wife bought this in Lancaster, PA 4 years ago to match the new trim color on the house. The old one doesn't leak. ..................Yet!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We have a filter too. Ours is a Bosch like 17 years old. I pull off the bottom spray arm, and the filter basket unscrews with a twist to clean it out.
It's really never with debris because we are rinse before putting in the washer kind of people.

Mine was clean too. I'm never doing that again.

:blob_blue: The re-set thing worked. I don't know why they don't tell you that in the manual. The manual just says when the the blinking blue light appears to call for service :glare:.

Johnny West

Today was the usual Monday morning duties; laundry, sweeping, and recycle bin chores. Later I made a run to the commissary and Class VI store. I got a bottle of E&J Apple Brandy to see how it holds up to the Norman product.

Johnny West

Today I got 8 bags of charcoal on sale at Lowes, went to Freds and got rib steaks on sale, then to Duris for pickles and plums. The mrs is making plum brandy. There are 8 steaks so will save two out to eat and the rest will be shrink wrapped and frozen. Oh, eh! I got a 30 cent a gallon discount on my fill up at Safeway and only paid $2.19 a gallon.

Johnny West

We got home from Whistler yesterday and drove in a lot of rain. We had a good time and by the luck of the draw had Italian food 4 times, twice at home and 2 restaurants and never did get a good food picture. The local pizza was ok. Friday night we ate at Araxi and I had the venison which was fantastic. The other times out had fish and lots of raw oysters. We did several drives to Pemberton, went to the Scan Spa, and did the Peak to Peak gondola for tourist things.

Tomorrow I have jury duty but now it's only one week, not two.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
it's raining here, so I decided rain&oatmeal cookies were in order....

Attachments

• DSC_4935.jpg
    DSC_4935.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 165

Johnny West

Yesterday babysat Amelia unexpectedly. It worked out good as I didn't have jury duty yesterday or today. Today no one had duty. I did some kitchen cleaning and laundry.

A few days ago my cousin notified us our uncle that passed in 2012 was murdered. The perp's wife turned in her husband and son for the deed. The son plead out to 20 years and never could find out what the father got. He probably got life as he had a previous murder conviction and did 10 years on a 70 year deal.My uncle was a Korean War army vet and was buried in the Rock Island Arsenal National Cemetery.

Johnny West

This morning sat in on one jury selection and was not chosen. I said yes to being in the army and knowing a cop. If you don't get selected you get to go home. I may have to go in tomorrow but if not I'm done for the week. Motions are done on Friday so no trials.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Grocery shopping, stopped at the hearing aid center to have mine looked at, then dinner at the Thai place.
Shrimp curry/jasmine rice.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Today starts the long work weekend.
Friday to Monday.
I expect since it's Friday, we'll order out for pizza.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my pal is taking me to get a pair of boots- green doc martens-- he bought me a different pair of a different boot a few ago, & scads of socks--
then may well get dinner/have a few drafts~

Johnny West

The past few days were spent doing laundry, cleaning hot tub, and all the downstairs windows, inside and out. It's nice to have the windows done. I can take my time with upstairs.

Embryodad

The past few days were spent doing laundry, cleaning hot tub, and all the downstairs windows, inside and out. It's nice to have the windows done. I can take my time with upstairs.

Mom used to say,"I just cleaned where the Priest Walks!"
"Just don't let him go upstairs!"

Johnny West

Mom used to say,"I just cleaned where the Priest Walks!"
"Just don't let him go upstairs!"

Cute.

I ran some errands while they were oiling my street. I never got a debit card with chip mailed to me so stopped by the credit union and, after a 45 minute wait, saw the gal to get me a new one. She asked for my drivers license and verified my data. They make the new cards right there so she cut the old one in half, then said "Ooops! I can't believe I did this, I cut your drivers license in half." I was to get a new license in October so no big deal. I'll just make sure I don't run any red lights or do any speeding.

I just popped a quiche in the oven and it's time for a cold beer.

Johnny West

Today I'm babysitting Amelia. She's sick with a cold so no day trip today. I was going to take her to my friend's hobby farm he works with draft horses.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Played gin rummy and Scrabble with the neighbour friend Brenda, then ordered the bbq chicken pizza from Pizza Hut.

Saliha

Cleaning of the garden continues; the last night was frosty and now I need to rush to save some herbs and flowers indoors before the next cold nights will come. But not yet, I still have some time for an another cup of coffee, few chocolate chip cookies and forums...

I bought more wool yesterday; for socks (well, I have already dozens of them ready but who knows, maybe the next Ice Ace is finally coming at this winter) and for poncho.

Mine the latest works:

2euBpaal.jpg

I need to make a bean soup today with the last fresh beans from the garden.

:WitchBrewsSmiley: