The MAN Thread!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
$$$ = how fast you want to go. Figure at full throttle, it will burn (3x900hp) x .5 lbs /hr. = 1350 pounds of gas an hour. Let's use 6.25 pounds per gallon, so, about 210 gallons an hour, plus or minus. But then again, I don't open her up for an hour at a time. Generally, I burn about 60 gallons an hour just cruising around at about 60mph. It's really not all that bad on gas.

Bikini clad hardbodies - I'll never tell............
Other than going fast and hearing the engines scream, it's the tie up's that are the most fun when boating. Right Fred? :D

I have a little go fast Baja. 25 ft. with one 454 powering it. Love riding the waves and hooking up with other boaters in tie up's. :thumb: :beer:

Attachments

• baja_f235.jpg
    baja_f235.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 147

waybomb

It doesn't happen too often on Lake Michigan - usually to wavy. Most of the time we anchor off and swim/walk to the beach, and have beach parties.

AllenOK

I had another thread that I started with a pic of my kayak. I bought that last year.

I'm not planning on buying anything major as far as "man toys" are concerned. I think I have everything I need, or at least, "feel" that I want.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got an AR-15. What a fun gun to shoot, and it's a great varmit gun, if only I could now see a coyote. It's like they know when to stay out of sight. Before they would prance right by the rear of our house, just 40 yards away.

High Cheese

Saucier
Got me a new hammer drill. :mrgreen:

Nice! :thumb: When I was remodeling a 1/2 bath I had to get one of those to drill through the tile. I remember like yesterday, it was around 6pm I was just finishing up installing the pedestal sink but had to drill through for the mounting bolts. lol, I was so pissed, I had to go all the way to Lowes to buy a drill to make like 2 3/8" holes. It's a good tool to have though.

buckytom

Grill Master
any self respecting iowegian knows what it is....

it's traditional norwegian salt cod, soaked in lye untill gelatenous, then rinsed in water:yuk::puke1:

lol, it's definitely an acquired taste. i killed off a jar of fiskeboller with my mom the last time we visited. no one else will eat it.

buzz, you're the first person i've heard that's willing to plunk down big bucks for a new 3d tv. i'm still waiting to see them when our engineering lab gets them in, hopefully soon.
tonight is the very first broadcast of a hockey game (rangers vs. islanders) in 3d.

smoke king

Banned
How did I miss this thread? Some of my manly stuff.......

Attachments

• Bob Tattoo RFA 3.jpg
    Bob Tattoo RFA 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Bob Tattoo URA.jpg
    Bob Tattoo URA.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 106
  • PICT0300.jpg
    PICT0300.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 105
  • PICT0315.jpg
    PICT0315.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Gretsch 2.jpg
    Gretsch 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 218

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good stuff SK. You get to keep your man card. :D

Do you still have your vette?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Holy crap! How come I didn't know you are so manly, SK??? You get my vote for mas macho!!!

(Got any other tattoos? Hmmm?)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That hot sauce thread reminded me.

Check out what I'm doing in November http://toughmudder.com/

A few friends and I are doing the Nov. 20th event. Already browsing Ebay for old fatigues and boots. lol

Ah, I can see why the hot sauce thread would remind you of this, HC.

The (alleged) enjoyment of self-inflicted pain ....

I'm pretty sure it would hurt me even to WATCH it.

Lee

smoke king

Banned
Lets see, in order...

Yep-still have the Vette, but like me, its getting to the point where it continually needs repairs. Everytime I decide to sell it, I take it out on a nice day and change my mind!

ha ha-Nope, none of "those" tattoos FM, although I did finally get an appointment to get a Telecaster on my left forearm. The gal thats going to do it is next to impossible to get an appointment with. I met with her last week, gave her a deposit. Next available appontment? August 3rd!!! (she does really nice work!)

The Penis Tattoo? (lowering voice to a baritone) nope-didnt hurt a bit!! Bucky you continue to crack me up!!

And as far as the Steinberger goes (btw, good eye Cheese!!) honestly and truly, for the money-I think I paid under 300 bucks for it-it is a great little guitar! Compact, travels well (overhead compartment friendly) unbelieveable tuning stabilty (literally set it and forget it) and the best part is it sounds, and plays great!!

Hmmm-think I'll go bungee jumping after I get done lifting weights and going to the gun club. Can't remember if I took my "Creatine" or not!! :lol:

High Cheese

Saucier
And as far as the Steinberger goes (btw, good eye Cheese!!) honestly and truly, for the money-I think I paid under 300 bucks for it-it is a great little guitar! Compact, travels well (overhead compartment friendly) unbelieveable tuning stabilty (literally set it and forget it) and the best part is it sounds, and plays great!!

I remember when those came out. I used to hang out at my local music shop and "test" them out. They started to get pissed cuz a 14yo was ripping on a $2000 Steinberger. ha ha I'd wail on the trem and that biatch would NOT go out of tune! lol My Jems are the same way, friggin amazing. Only thing I remember was it sucked as a lap guitar.

smoke king

Banned
My Jems are the same

Cheese, besides Steve Vai, your the only person I know that can use the term "Jems" in the plural !! I am envious for sure!

I have one Jem that I got before my wife and I tied the knot, and its a good thing I did because I don't know if I'll ever pull something like that off again!

What a great guitar though-lightning fast-its like a ferrari, but I've got to say, for an old guy like me, those Floyd Rose trems can be a pain-in-the-ass! (well worth it when you master the "dive bombs" though!:clap:)

High Cheese

Saucier
Someone once referred to the Edge Pro's on the Jems as "a living thing". lmao They ARE a pain. It could be setup just perfect, then you go and do something stupid like change strings and it looks like a ramp or it's down in the recess. When set-up though, I can literally touch the body with the trem and relieve all tension from the strings, let go and play a perfect open E.

I have an old BC Rich that is a royal pain to tune. The intonation is off or something because I have to tune by ear not using the fret routine. Which is confusing because it sounds real nice and in tune all over the fretboard afterwards. ???

smoke king

Banned
lol-I remember the first time I went to change the strings on my Jem. Without going into detail, lets just say the entire trem ended up falling out onto the floor! (note to self-1 string at a time-I cannot begin to stress the importance of this!!!)

Took the whole thing to my guitar guy, 73 bucks later (I also had him set it up again) I had my guitar back and was a little smarter to boot!:mrgreen:

Its a touchy little bugger thats for sure, but your right cheese-when its set up right, its a race car!!