The MAN Thread!

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
that Ferrari is pure sex. As soon as I get my photos processed from the Auto show, I will post...they had the same model in a matte black with full tint and only some red pin stripes....HOT LIKE FIRE!

S.Shepherd

I used to have a cool car..

one that made womens legs quiver, just from the exhaust note..

unfortunatly it started to be like a jealous mistress, requiring more and more of my time-- tune this, tweak that, clean this, yadda yadda

oh, and don't even ask me why I bought a black car....I live down a 1/mile dirt road

so, I sold her back in 04' -the car , not my wife. I made a small profit, but should have waited another 15 months. The guy I sold it too, sold it for a tad under 6 figuers:bonk::pat:
Picture030.jpg

waybomb

My mid life crisis toy.

46 foot all Kevlar Cougar, 3 blown 572 cubic inch Merlins, being rebuilt to 900+ hp now.

Attachments

• New_New_At the beach.jpg
    New_New_At the beach.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 104
  • blowers.jpg
    blowers.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Helm3.jpg
    Helm3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 95
  • props.jpg
    props.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 100

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
My mid life crisis toy.

46 foot all Kevlar Cougar, 3 blown 572 cubic inch Merlins, being rebuilt to 900+ hp now.

OMG!!! Either that is drool all over me or I just peed mysefl! That is freaking awesome!!!! :clap:

S.Shepherd

My mid life crisis toy.

lmao...how many dollars/minute does that sucker get ?

notice I didn't say mph, or gallons/min:whistling:

good greif I bet that attracts little bikini clad hardbodies

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
This is my pretty toy:blush::

Attachments

• DSCF0998.jpg
    DSCF0998.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 107
  • KatiesBDay 069.jpg
    KatiesBDay 069.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 102

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
lmao...either you been REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLY bad

or you wanna buy something:lol:

No, Mav lucked out in the wife department. She is talented, smart and watches and worries over him like a hawk. He is blessed to have her. And, no, she really is definitely not a toy.

waybomb

lmao...how many dollars/minute does that sucker get ?

notice I didn't say mph, or gallons/min:whistling:

good greif I bet that attracts little bikini clad hardbodies

$$$ = how fast you want to go. Figure at full throttle, it will burn (3x900hp) x .5 lbs /hr. = 1350 pounds of gas an hour. Let's use 6.25 pounds per gallon, so, about 210 gallons an hour, plus or minus. But then again, I don't open her up for an hour at a time. Generally, I burn about 60 gallons an hour just cruising around at about 60mph. It's really not all that bad on gas.

Bikini clad hardbodies - I'll never tell............

S.Shepherd

$$$ = how fast you want to go. Figure at full throttle, it will burn (3x900hp) x .5 lbs /hr. = 1350 pounds of gas an hour. Let's use 6.25 pounds per gallon, so, about 210 gallons an hour, plus or minus. But then again, I don't open her up for an hour at a time. Generally, I burn about 60 gallons an hour just cruising around at about 60mph. It's really not all that bad on gas.

Bikini clad hardbodies - I'll never tell............

lmao....yikes, last summer must have hurt pretty bad

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
My mid life crisis toy.

F'n A MATE!!!! THAT is a SERIOUS piece of watercraft-ery!!!! I think I got a little woody looking at that....NO HOMO!

waybomb

lmao....yikes, last summer must have hurt pretty bad

Gas is the cheap part of boating.

Think insurance cost on this. Think general maintenance on three race engines and drive lines. Think about rebuilds every 100 hours or so. Oil changes every 20 hours or so (5 gallons per engine).

Gas is the cheapest part of boating, no matter what kind of boating you do.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Gas is the cheap part of boating.

Think insurance cost on this. Think general maintenance on three race engines and drive lines. Think about rebuilds every 100 hours or so. Oil changes every 20 hours or so (5 gallons per engine).

Gas is the cheapest part of boating, no matter what kind of boating you do.

Interestingly enough, my Dad said the SAME thing!

S.Shepherd

Picture122.jpg

it's not the manboat you have..more of a redneck yaht club kinda thing..

lol..the ol' party barge does 40. to be honest, I hate the damn thing. The only damn thing we've ownd thats been hit 3 times while were not around, and storm dammaged:glare:
Oh, and the marina on the lake charges DOUBLE for a gallon of gas. Did I mention I hate it?
But, my wife loves it:wub:

you know what they say, "happy wife, happy life":bonk:

oh...if any of you live out my way, make sure ya stop by this summer. We'll take the barge out for a spin

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Picture122.jpg

it's not the manboat you have..more of a redneck yaht club kinda thing..

lol..the ol' party barge does 40. to be honest, I hate the damn thing. The only damn thing we've ownd thats been hit 3 times while were not around, and storm dammaged:glare:
Oh, and the marina on the lake charges DOUBLE for a gallon of gas. Did I mention I hate it?
But, my wife loves it:wub:

you know what they say, "happy wife, happy life":bonk:

oh...if any of you live out my way, make sure ya stop by this summer. We'll take the barge out for a spin

Aint that the truth!!:lol::lol:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
No, Mav lucked out in the wife department. She is talented, smart and watches and worries over him like a hawk. He is blessed to have her. And, no, she really is definitely not a toy.

Don't worry, that is an inside joke between me and DW that she started.

AllenOK

S.Shepherd, I know you've mentioned you live close to MIS. Is that Clark Lake? Wampler's Lake?

I've hit every public beach with a waterproof metal detector back when I lived in Jackson. I thought that shoreline might have looked familiar.

S.Shepherd

Devils Lake

you ever find anything? I have a whites spectrum detector..only thing I ever found was some loose change, and bottlecaps

AllenOK

Figures. PeppA looked at the pic after I posted, and said "Devil's Lake".

I found quite a bit of jewelry in the water. Enough that when I sold it all to Midwest Refineries, it basically paid for my equipment.

Do some research. Go up to the county library in Jackson, go into the reference room, and start pulling out the old plat maps. If I remember right, they have several years of Jackson Co, several years of Livingston Co, Washtenaw Co, Saginaw Co, and others. I did a research project over several years looking for ghost towns and such. I was able to pinpoint many of them, but never really did much in the way of searching those sites.

There was at least one lakeside resort on Devil's Lake over 100 years ago. If you're dive-certified, and have a water-proof metal detector, go looking for the concrete anchor balls for the old dive platforms. There ought to be a bunch of antique jewelry and coins around that spot.

I managed to research, locate, and search an old swimming hole in Albion called "Dutchtown". I was only able to search right in the mill-race where the mill-pond dumped into the stream. In the course of one month I managed to pull about 26 Wheat pennies, one silver quarter, two silver rings, a 10K gold ring, a 1916 British penny (about the size of our half-dollar), lots of fishing sinkers, hooks, bullets, and other assorted junk. I'm sure there's lots more further upstream in the mill-pond, but it got to deep and to mucky for me to wade it with waders. There was a bath-house on the north bank. I never searched in that spot, as it's now part of the stadium for the college.

I was actually surprised at just how many good, OLD, coins I was pulling up in local parks and schools while I lived in Jackson. I learned to use a metal detector here in Tulsa, searching "urban renewal" scraped lots and abandoned houses. Junky! You have to learn to go slow and listen for the deep stuff. When I moved to Jackson, I started finding good stuff right off the bat. It seems like the local metal detector users just don't like to deal with trashy areas. I pulled up THREE Walking Lib halves out of Sharp Park; all were within 4" of the surface, and ANY metal detector should have pinged on them. I also scored an 1873 Seated Liberty dime in almost MINT condition in the middle of a trail out in the woods at Sharp Park. It was barely under the dirt. A good rain would have erroded the coin out of the dirt, it was that shallow!

I wanted to jump in the water at Island Park in Eaton Rapids, but never actually got around to it. I'm not totally sure how deep it is, and don't want to blindy jump into water that could be over chest-deep, or over head-deep, while I'm wearing waders.

I've been told that over in Albion, a jewelry store that was built over the "tunnel" over the stream that flows under downtown actually washed into the stream. Wading and searching the shallows might prove profitable. There are two little lakes to the west of Albion that also were used as swimming holes 100 years ago. I'm not sure how accessible they are now. I never got around to searching for them.

Hey, does that private pilot that owns the MiG-15 still fly that thing during the summer? I never got a chance to get a decent pic of it.

S.Shepherd

no, but because of the racetrack, I get alot of flyovers from current mil aircraft. One year Airforce "1" flew over about 5 times at about 5k feet, I have pics somewhere.
Good idea about the lakes, but I don't dive. I did find part of a broken drawknife on my property that was down about 18"
Devils Lake has a large sandbar the runs about 95% of the middle of the lake and is thigh deep. During the summer everyone parks their toons on it
and breaks out their coolers. I might try that this summer;)

AllenOK

Bottlecap and pulltab city! That's been my experience in areas where boaters drop anchor and party.

Build a magnetic rake. Get some kind of "supermagnet", something with about a 100 lb draw. Attach several of these to a 2x4 or something. Be sure to align the magnets so they don't repell each other. Attach heavy-duty rope (not chain!) to each end. Drop the thing onto the bottom, and drag over an area. Hopefully there isn't anything large and magnetic that you'll get hung on. In theory, this should remove a lot of the smaller magnetic targets, like screws, nails, bottlecaps, etc. When you clean off the gunk, be sure to check it thoroughly Canadian coinage is magnetic!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We used to go scuba diving in the Iowa Great Lakes (Spirit Lake, East Okoboji, West Okoboji, Little Spirit, etc), you couldn't beleive the number of cars, trucks, and boats you can find on the bottom! Not sure how the boats ended up there, but the cars and trucks we always knew were victims of thin ice.
One year they had an open patch and a bunch of guys (I think they were in some sort of club) were racing their snowmobiles and trying to 'skip' over the open patch.
They weren't having much success.... LOL!