Seen any good movies?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I watched several Mission Impossible movies (seen them before and enjoy the action) and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (wasn't bad).

LastManStanding

The Sting is one of my favourite movies.
I usually watch whatever shows up on YTS. A few days ago I downloaded Moonlight in Vermont, a Christmas movie - usual recipe you know- but decided to download it anyway as it had thousands of seeders.
Here's what I noticed. The guy there, Carlo Marks who acts the character Derek looks very much like Logan Sharpe acted by Martin Landau in They Call Me Mr.Tibbs. The stature, smile, manner of speech, all are very much alike, at least in my eye. For a while I thought it could be Landau's grand son, but found he isn't.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've been binge watching this just about every night.
I'd forgotten how much I loved it back in the 70s.
Right now I'm on season 2.
Prior to that, Meredith Baxter Birney didn't have the role as Nancy.
family-1976-tv-series-bbde5b4c-79bf-4f46-977c-6afaf9dde31-resize-750-175386907.jpeg

LastManStanding

I do not remember Family at all.
But I do remember Smokie and the Bandit.
Netflix had it and I could not help but watch it again. Brainless humor. Sally Field and Burt both look so so young.
Just 2 days ago I watched a film in which I saw a girl who looked exactly like Sally Field. I will take a screenshot and post it when I'm on the laptop.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love sports movies (except for boxing and wrestling), and just finished Varsity Blues (high school football). It's one of those movies where you jump up and cheer at the end!

Oh, and I watched Boys in the Boat recently, another good one! College crew team.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I rowed on my school crew team for 4 years. Loved it. Thanks for the reminder on Boys in a Boat. I have not caught that one yet.
I did watch a couple old Bond movies. The Spy who Loved Me, and Goldfinger.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It’s not a movie but a series on Paramount + we loved -: A Gentleman in Moscow. I’ve been meaning to buy the book and will soon.

John, on your recommendation, I'm halfway through the 8 episodes that they are rebroadcasting on Paramount +with Showtime. I am enjoying it far more than I liked listening to the audiobook. The acting is superb, making the story come alive. This 4th episode particularly was wonderful!

As much as I can recall, the series is following the book very closely.

Lee