Picture Posting Thread

cara

I've got another autumn picture.. that's one of my Favs.. not really scenery.. but I Like it ;o)

2961793491_57576ac81c_o.jpg

cara

the leaves at the bottom are a bit annoying.. but I must admit I've never really seen them until now... :huh:

just go out and follow the light.. and you'll find motives like that ;o)

heb1976

Great pic Blue!

these are of a park/lake close to my house

Dee, that first one looks like Concord Woods and the last one looks like the same view we have from the lake where we live - altho I am sure they aren't. Where in Ohio are you?

heb1976

This is a little pond I found on my way to an Amish outlet store in Orwell/Windsor.
322orwell.jpg

Harpersfield Bridge - I am making a scrapbook of all the covered bridges in Ohio.
harpersfieldbridge.jpg

I pass this barn on my way to my parents house. I love it!
favoritebarn.jpg

My husband took this when he was fishing early one morning. The dark part is the island on our lake.
island-lake.jpg

The beach by our house.
beach-lake.jpg

View from Fairport Harbor beach.
fairportlighthouse.jpg

The lighthouse at Fairport Harbor.
fairportlighthouse2.jpg

Another barn I pass on my way into town.
mailpouchbarn.jpg

cara

so here we go... Courland Spit, Lithuania..

seen at the Parnidder Dune

3070053773_31a8d3b476_o.jpg

2947452528_e3ff4c41a1_o.jpg

2947452690_166ff256b8_o.jpg

that view shows you the Russian part of the Spit..

2946594153_6299ac5960_o.jpg

Ol-blue

My husband and I like to take drives on the weekend. Here are a couple pictures from this drive to the East side of our State.

Hard snow
Drive2-1-09021.jpg

Neat ice formation
Drive2-1-09033.jpg

Old house
Drive2-1-09049.jpg

Old red barn
Drive2-1-09051.jpg

Wild turkey
Drive2-1-09052.jpg

I thought this was a cool picture. The snow was so frozen, when the sun was shinny it looked like water from the distance.
Drive2-1-09061.jpg

Eagle
Drive2-1-09065.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Taken from my old hang out, the Sunset Beach Bar in St. Maarten. The layover hotel is on the left in the background if you boys can take your eyes off the foreground.... :yum:

SunsetBeachBar.jpg

chowhound

I figured Buzz was having technical difficulties.
And he had me more interested in the foreground anyway :wink:

Some of you have seen these. And they were only taken with my point-n-shoot out the windows, but I like 'em.

A fall sky last year and a tree a few hundred yards away after an ice storm. I really wish the pic had captured the way the sun was hitting all the ice.

Attachments

• morning sky3.jpg
    morning sky3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 116
  • ice tree.jpg
    ice tree.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 118

chowhound

OK. That does it, Buzz. I'm pulling my pics.
They certainly can't compete with that shot you got of, errrr, the hotel.

Calicolady

Chow, that ice one IS cool. The sky too.
I like 'em all. Well, except buzzard's. You could have at least done equal time.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Wow... all of them are beautiful pics... along with a few humorus ones!! Very nice everyone!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
What do you think happened to the Air France's Captain's license (not the plane pictured) when they landed a teeny bit short and took out the fence at the edge of the road?

chowhound

Thanks. I wish I had been more into picture taking. They might have been wall hangers like the ones I am seeing here.
My picture taking skill was more of the fast and furious style :smile:

Attachments

• over grove city.JPG
    over grove city.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 119

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I took this with my iPhone about three weeks ago at an art fair. She looked so real I did a double take.

ArtFair.jpg

Ol-blue

This is from a couple years ago. It was spring time and the snow was starting to get soft and we took our nephew snowmobiling with us and he stepped into some soft snow and sank to the bottom. My son was helping him out.

ORRCREEK2006051.jpg

ORRCREEK2006052.jpg

ORRCREEK2006053.jpg

Some tired boys. My son is wearing the yellow coat.
ORRCREEK2006001.jpg

We had the place to ourselves for the whole weekend.
ORRCREEK2006028.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
i just heard something on the news that a guy survived but the instructor died when they were in a tandem jump.

that must be the definition of dead weight.

buckytom

Grill Master
cool pics, ol-blue!!!

i fell into a snow hole when skiing once, trying to retrieve a lost pole. it's fun until you realize that you can't breathe. :ohmy:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here is another of those types of pictures Buzz. My second oldest son and my oldest son's oldest son with a life size figure of Dale Earnhardt Jr. I actually walked by it the first time thinking it was just someone standing there.

Attachments

• Richard_JR_Alex.jpg
    Richard_JR_Alex.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 110