Movies You Watched

joec

Gold Site Supporter
FM, I after reading the book, the movie isn't so good. It is a good movie though. You need to read, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. You will go nuts!!
Glad to see you back too!!

I know my grand daughter is into these books and read them all last summer. I know that is all she talked about for a while. :dizzy:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I know my grand daughter is into these books and read them all last summer. I know that is all she talked about for a while. :dizzy:

My supervisor had all the books and once she finished one, she handed them to me to read. After hearing the two of us talking, the 3rd started them too, they are just addictive!! LOL
Besides, I will take fantasy over real life sometimes.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm the same with books a good example is I've read the whole Patricia D. Cornwell series about Kay Scarpetta. I help a retired nun years ago learn to us a graphics program and she sent me the whole series in paper back. She passed away a few years ago but I really got into the series. I also read every book written by Dan Brown after reading The De Vinci Code. Probably the first series I ever read was Ian Fleming's, James Bond series long before the first movie came out. My favorite book of all time is the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I probably read these 4 books 6 times over the years and still get something new out of them every time I read them.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I like Patricia Cornwell. I have only read Portrait of a killer. I need to read more of her stuff. Twilight is my first books in about 5 years.

Derek

Banned
Galaxy Quest
Happy Gilmore
The Wedding Singer
leagully Blond
Accepted

Last 42 hours I've been watching movies LOL.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
what got me was when Bob kicked his ass and said, No, the price is right....Bitch! ROFLMAO!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I like Patricia Cornwell. I have only read Portrait of a killer. I need to read more of her stuff. Twilight is my first books in about 5 years.

What was good about it is I got the series complete to the date and each book built on the previous one. Isabella (the retired nun) actually gave me a list of what order to read them in. It fascinated me that a nun would read this series until I got to know her better. She was a really interesting woman.

Cornwell also did the definitive book on Jack the Ripper, which some historian's beleive she actaully solved the case of who it was. I know she is a family friend of Billy Graham and his wife and wrote a book about them also. She is an excellent writter.

Another of my favorite books was one called Audrey Rose but can't remember the author's name.

buckytom

Grill Master
galaxy quest is a great movie, especially for old trekkies like me.

my wife wonders why i liked legally blonde. alicia silverstone in tight business suits is all i have to say...

i think i need to go to my happy place.

Derek

Banned
galaxy quest is a great movie, especially for old trekkies like me.

my wife wonders why i liked legally blonde. alicia silverstone in tight business suits is all i have to say...

i think i need to go to my happy place.
I know what you mean, Hubba hubba hubba, I wonder if hubba is used anymore as a term, LOL.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Just watched "Jason Brooks: Monster Slayer". Despite the name, it was actually a fun little movie.

buckytom

Grill Master
i stayed up the other night to watch "species", then "species ii". those are 4 hours of my life i'll never get back. too much gore ruins a boobie flick.

Derek

Banned
i stayed up the other night to watch "species", then "species ii". those are 4 hours of my life i'll never get back. too much gore ruins a boobie flick.
Oh haha, I like that boobie flick, We yanks normally call it a chick flick.

The other night I stayed up for about the same amount of hours to watch Black sheep and Tommy boy.

buckytom

Grill Master
lol derek. umm, no, this wasn't a chick flick. "sex in the city" or "steel magnolias" are chick flicks. boobie flicks just have a set of redeeming qualities, often shown in pairs.

Derek

Banned
lol derek. umm, no, this wasn't a chick flick. "sex in the city" or "steel magnolias" are chick flicks. boobie flicks just have a set of redeeming qualities, often shown in pairs.
Thanks for letting me know that!

I liked speachies 1 but not 2.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Dear lord, we are watching, you don't mess with the zohan!! WTH???:huh:
I love that movie, Stacy! I've probably watched it 5 or 6 times. (Of course, I've always been a little looped at the time.) But now my son Nick wants to make the world "Silky Smooth"!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm the same with books a good example is I've read the whole Patricia D. Cornwell series about Kay Scarpetta. I help a retired nun years ago learn to us a graphics program and she sent me the whole series in paper back. She passed away a few years ago but I really got into the series. I also read every book written by Dan Brown after reading The De Vinci Code. Probably the first series I ever read was Ian Fleming's, James Bond series long before the first movie came out. My favorite book of all time is the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I probably read these 4 books 6 times over the years and still get something new out of them every time I read them.

Did you see that Ron Howard is currently filming "Angels & Demons"? He was talking about it Bill Maher a couple nights ago.