Your last sandwich

AllenOK

Man, I couldn't make a choice. I'd have to go with a couple:

-A big, greasy, hamburger, with cheese, Tennessee mountain-top bacon, some of my special sauce from work, lettuce, pickles, on a toasted bun (preferably an onion bun).
-The "Filled Rolled Bread" from The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Italian. Basically a stomboli.
-I would say a nice, BIG, rueben on marbled rye, but I just had one of those a couple days ago at work.

PanchoHambre

It would be either a

Reuben.... piled high and oozing cheese and dressing

or

An Italian Combo... with layers upon layers of salami, prosciutto, provolone etc oil vinegar roasted peppers on a nice crusty piece of Italian bread

Lefty

Yank
I'm having second thoughts as well. How about a hot pastrami on marbled rye with swiss cheese mustard and kraut.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I take a good bread, toast it, take low fat cheese, place it on top open-faced and microwave for 25-30 seconds until the cheese melts then, I put both halves together. Like this, I have a toasted cheese without having the extra fat. It is a very lazy and fast way of making a sandwich.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I would have to say a BLT with extra bacon on it. Those are sooo good when done the right way!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
At this point, maybe I would just eat my first choice, then say "Naw, that wasn't the one I wanted, not my last sandwich... lemme try again..."
LOL!! Rueben is still at the top of the list, but man seafood sandwiches, a good Po Boy, Italian beef, French Dip, Sub, beef brisket... gimme a year and I just might get to my last one.. but then I just might have to start all over again!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I change my mind, I want a steak sandwich (rare to medium rare) made from ribeye. Cooked bone in, but center removed for sandwich.

Love2"Q"

this is hard .. but i think that it would have to be left over thanksgiving turkey
on wheat .. with mayo and topped with stuffing and cranberry sauce ...

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
So wait?? The sandwich doesn't have to be made with bread???? Woo Hoo.. oh wait DW is still sittin next to me...err...
So yea, Rueben on whole wheat... yum!

I'm with you Mav, except I want my Rueben on caraway rye with a big dill pickle! :clap:

lilylove

There's a place in Vacouver Canada called Bojangles, it's a small sandwich shop/cafe.

They make their own bread and it's perfect in every way. I'd take one of these

Dixieland Veggie Delight
Combining the flavours of Cream Cheese and Relish and layered with Monterey Jack, Guacamole, Bermuda Onion, Tomato, Peppers, Cucumber and Sprouts. on good old fasioned white.

Only I'd add some ham (cuz, meat is good!):)

homecook

There's a place in Vacouver Canada called Bojangles, it's a small sandwich shop/cafe.

They make their own bread and it's perfect in every way. I'd take one of these

Dixieland Veggie Delight
Combining the flavours of Cream Cheese and Relish and layered with Monterey Jack, Guacamole, Bermuda Onion, Tomato, Peppers, Cucumber and Sprouts. on good old fasioned white.

Only I'd add some ham (cuz, meat is good!):)

What???? No bacon??

Barb

lilylove

LOL.. well... ham is pork and bacon is pork and they both come from mr. piggy!

I guess I could do Canadian bacon!! That would work! lol!!!!!