Woo-Hoo! Look what I got today!!!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I got mine today too! Keltin NAILED it!

Dear LORD was it HOT!!!!! Great flavors too. Awfully salty. I didnt expect the salt aspect. I also should have taken more care in the first try because I took a lot on that 1st chip and it kicked my ass! It was one of those lasting burns too. :bounce: I would have tried more but I have an important thing tomorrow morning to go to and I cant risk anal napalm. :bounce:

Thanks Bam! :tiphat::a1:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
remember guys, this is hot sauce and not salsa..lol

open jar of fire...stir very well... take a toothpick and take a little bit on there, dab it on a piece of cheese.

i am not sure why it is salty, i used less salt this time and more peppers :confused::confused::confused:

i will have to adjust my salt content on the next batch..watch out guys..lol

more peppers,less salt.lmao

Derek

Banned
The first thing you notice is the wonderful color and thickness of the sauce. When you open the jar, you are immediately hit with its smokey aroma. Although, it smells like Liquid Smoke? But, it smells great, and doesn’t smell hot at all.

Then the tasting.

First you get the creamy and smooth impression of its texture. Then you get the slight tang of its citrus kiss. Then oddly enough, a bit of saltiness. Following the complex and briny salt flavor is the dark smokiness. Rounding this wonderfully complex mix of flavors is ARM-A-F***ING-GEDDON!

KeeRist! DW said something, probably because of the look on my face, but my ears were ringing and I couldn’t understand her!

What a damn kick!

Kick, who am I kidding. A kick is a quick hit. This fire sauce wraps your tongue in an unforgiving embrace that causes the mind to reel as it searches for the easiest and fastest recalled religious prayer for mercy.

Oh sweet mother……can I have some more!!!!!!!

Yes, it is hot. Damn hot. And it is addictive! Oddly enough, the second tasting isn’t nearly as bad. The third tasting starts to get mild and you can concentrate more on the flavors of citrus and smoke intermingled in complex harmony.

I imagine the 2nd and 3rd tasting are milder because the majority of my taste buds had either died or passed out from the heat! :lol:

Just kidding Bam. It’s a great sauce, and its damn hot! Addictively hot!

Did you use Liquid Smoke? Also, what’s up with the salt? It does come through a bit, but I didn’t mix it well and instead just took a few bites without stirring it up. To me, as I wrote, the flavor comes in a wave of pleasing smooth texture, citrus, salt, smoke, and WTF!

The flavor is wonderful, and even though the salt comes through, I see this as an advantage since I plan on using this for cooking. I’m imagining some dirty rice utilizing this, and perhaps a hamburger with it mixed into the meat before cooking (like a cheese stuffed burger, but this will be a Bam Sauce stuffed burger). Maybe Jambalaya, shrimp or pork stir fry, even dilute with some wine as a marinade for wings or fish. So many possibilities…..and such a small jar!!! :yum:

Great stuff Bam. I’m loving it! Good job!!! :thumb:

I may hate you in the morning, but you’re my hero right now! :yum: :yum: :yum:
I haven't tried my stuff yet Kelt, I'm still wating for my taste buds t get back on track, But I'll record my experience for youtube.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok lets clear some things up..lol

it looks like a salsa but really its not, its just really thick. i didnt want to water it down with vinegar and make it like commercial hot sauce. i know alot of people who are making hot sauce and are having a problem with thickening it up. me on the other hand well those of you who have it know that it is really thick.

as keltin and sushi will tell you, you only have to use a little bit of it..lol

if its a little salty, i usually add 1 or 2 tsp of applecider vinegar or lime juice to the jar, mix very well and enjoy.

if it is still too salty, well i have more peppers in the freezer that are ready to be made into sauce..lmao

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Just to clarify my earlier response in case I'm having a pepper moment – a fire extinguisher for me and pepper means something to cut the capsaicin oil from my tongue. There are two things that do this well……Milk and Alcohol.

I’m all outta milk!!! :yum:

Hell, I meant a REAL extinguisher for you BUTT!!!:tongue::kiss:

Derek

Banned

it looks like a salsa but really its not, its just really thick. i didnt want to water it down with vinegar and make it like commercial hot sauce. i know alot of people who are making hot sauce and are having a problem with thickening it up. me on the other hand well those of you who have it know that it is really thick.

if its a little salty, i usually add 1 or 2 tsp of applecider vinegar or lime juice to the jar, mix very well and enjoy.

if it is still too salty, well i have more peppers in the freezer that are ready to be made into sauce..lmao
So I can add it to my Jambalaya.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
he got #2 Joe...lol

it is a weeeee bit hotter well maybe alot bit hotter because i used habaneros instead of scotch bonnets.:whistling:

to taste a true flavor of hot sauce i would recommend trying it 2 ways. on a plain piece of chicken breast or on a mild piece of cheese. i find with this sauce that it picks up the saltiness of other foods.

thank you very much for the rave review Keltin.:blush::blush:

some answers:
no smoke added(ICK liquid smoke..lol), you are getting the slight smokey flavor from the roasted garlic.

stir or shake that sauce again before you try again

By the way Jeff, Habaneros and Scotch Bonnet are the same pepper grown in different locations but are the same species. At any rate my wife will eat both without a blink of her eyes.

Last edited:

Derek

Banned
I've tried mine today, and I freaking love it.

512692076_dXBGV-L.jpg

I've injected this sauce in sausage pieces, It's really really Nice and sweet tasting.

The heat is ok but I think it needs more heat.

And the salt content is fine.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i havent tried the sauce you named since i bottled it. i have so many open that i had to hold off on it..lol

D.D. is meant to be sweet, thus the pineapples and spiced rum.

glad you liked it. the next sauce will be the hotter one and i guess saltier one..lol

i would use the red one for cooking, not for eating by itself, its a touch hotter..lol

I've tried mine today, and I freaking love it.

512692076_dXBGV-L.jpg

I've injected this sauce in sausage pieces, It's really really Nice and sweet tasting.

The heat is ok but I think it needs more heat.

And the salt content is fine.

Derek

Banned
i havent tried the sauce you named since i bottled it. i have so many open that i had to hold off on it..lol

D.D. is meant to be sweet, thus the pineapples and spiced rum.

glad you liked it. the next sauce will be the hotter one and i guess saltier one..lol

i would use the red one for cooking, not for eating by itself, its a touch hotter..lol
I will remember that, The DD salsa is PERFECT and when I run out I want to call and get price quote for a case of twelve.

It's the best salsa/hot sauce that I've tried that didn't taste like it was too cooked down or just to artificially flavored.

It's tops in my book.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
By the way Jeff, Habaneros and Scotch Bonnet are the same pepper grown in different locations but are the same species. At any rate my wife will eat both without a blink of her eyes.

yup i agree they are from the same species but it seems scotch bonnets i get around here have a better taste than the habs i get.. it could be where they are grown as the bonnets are from jamaica

Both the Scotch bonnet and the habanero have the characteristic thin, waxy flesh. They have a similar heat level and flavor. Although both varieties average around the same level of heat, the actual degree of "heat" varies greatly with genetics, growing methods, climate, and plant stress.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now that I agree with Jeff, a lot depends on the soil anything is grown in as to its tastes etc.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

It reminds me of the mash I used to make. And since you brought this up, I thought I’d try what I used to do.

I took 1 1/2 Tbsp of Tropical Fire and put it in an old Teriyaki bottle. I save all kinds of bottles for cases like this.

To that, I added 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar, and just shy of 1/4 cup Apple Cider vinegar.

This gave me a very liquid hot sauce very much akin to the pepper table sauces we use down here for greens, meat, etc. I don’t know if you know what I’m talking about, but you can find bottles of vinegar sauce with whole peppers floating in it to be used as a condiment. You just splash it on your food. Basically, it’s a flavored vinegar sauce with much heat that you add to greens, meat, sandwiches, etc. A few dashes, and you’re good to go.

Diluting it in vinegar took it in a whole other direction. The citrus still comes through, but it’s a bit sweeter now. The heat is still there, way hotter than the average table pepper sauce, hotter than jalapeños, but it’s a good heat. The sweet and tangy vinegar/citrus combination with the smoke coming in behind it…..yum! And the salt flavor is gone. Can’t taste it now.

This has made an awesome table sauce that I’ll splash on just about everything. Can’t wait to have some greens, and I’m defrosting some frozen shredded pork that I’ll try this on tomorrow. Very nice.

I still have about half the jar left, so that will be used directly in some sauces I have in mind.

Again, excellent stuff Bam!!! :thumb:

Here’s how it looks. I tested it on bread, and it’s awesome. Can’t wait to get my hand on that pulled pork tomorrow.

Step1-31.jpg

Step2-26.jpg

Step3-22.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks for the recipe review... again..lol

this will be my keeper hot sauce recipes.. right now i have this in the works though

it is going to have all the same ingredients but the peppers have been lightly smoke with a mix of alder and cherry wood.

10zuudz.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

this will be my keeper hot sauce recipes.. right now i have this in the works though

it is going to have all the same ingredients but the peppers have been lightly smoke with a mix of alder and cherry wood.

10zuudz.jpg

So is that the Mother of the new batch? She looks mean!! :lol:

Let me at her!!! :thumb:

Derek

Banned

10zuudz.jpg
No problem Jeff.

S.Shepherd

It reminds me of the mash I used to make. And since you brought this up, I thought I’d try what I used to do.

I took 1 1/2 Tbsp of Tropical Fire and put it in an old Teriyaki bottle. I save all kinds of bottles for cases like this.

To that, I added 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar, and just shy of 1/4 cup Apple Cider vinegar.

This gave me a very liquid hot sauce very much akin to the pepper table sauces we use down here for greens, meat, etc. I don’t know if you know what I’m talking about, but you can find bottles of vinegar sauce with whole peppers floating in it to be used as a condiment. You just splash it on your food. Basically, it’s a flavored vinegar sauce with much heat that you add to greens, meat, sandwiches, etc. A few dashes, and you’re good to go.

Diluting it in vinegar took it in a whole other direction. The citrus still comes through, but it’s a bit sweeter now. The heat is still there, way hotter than the average table pepper sauce, hotter than jalapeños, but it’s a good heat. The sweet and tangy vinegar/citrus combination with the smoke coming in behind it…..yum! And the salt flavor is gone. Can’t taste it now.

This has made an awesome table sauce that I’ll splash on just about everything. Can’t wait to have some greens, and I’m defrosting some frozen shredded pork that I’ll try this on tomorrow. Very nice.

I still have about half the jar left, so that will be used directly in some sauces I have in mind.

Again, excellent stuff Bam!!! :thumb:

Here’s how it looks. I tested it on bread, and it’s awesome. Can’t wait to get my hand on that pulled pork tomorrow.

Step1-31.jpg

Step2-26.jpg

Step3-22.jpg

that looks very similar to a "chili water" I used to buy when we went to Maui. Sweet and tangy with a lingering heat.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
so are you out of hot sauce yet Keltin? i am getting all my stuff together to make another batch, this time less salty and maybe a touch hotter...:sorry::yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmmmmm you sent me something Jeff, but I know not what it is yet..
Is it a surprise?