without the flak

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Glad to have you join us, neighbor! We went to Lakeshore Eatery tonight with friends from church, and had another great meal.

I still haven't a clue where that is...Lakeshore Eatery. Was it called something else before? Where is it?

[Edited to add I believe they are in the entertainment book.]

Last edited:

homecook

They're sort of on the corner of Lakeshore and Rt. 306. It's in a tiny strip mall. I think it was a Mexican restaurant before that. It's probably been 10 different things in the past 10 years. lol

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
WELCOME!!!!!

Help yourself to milk and cookies and enjoy your cooking home!!! :tiphat::wave:

Dont forget to join the contest we have going!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Just how foul can we get??

I have no ****ing idea..... oh SHIT! Sorry.... if you say ****... it gets blocked out. :yum: Swearing is fine.... just, if ya want to get ummm..... revealing.... we could always open up a members-only section on the forum. Folks that want access can just ask. :wink:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well I can say with absolute certainty you won't ever see me naked! Good Lord the horror that would cause!!

Calicolady

Thanks Mav and homecook and TGM. I was hoping for something alittle more tropical, TGM.
smiley_martinibaby1.gif
But if they're Girl Scout Thin Mints and Ice Cold milk, I'll join ya, thank you very much!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Calico!

Do you have, or did you have, a calico cat?

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Calico! Welcome to Net Cooking Talk.
Great to have you join the party.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Belated Hello

I joined early last year, but neglected to introduce myself. So, I'll try to make up for that oversight now.

I found this site over on Net Tractor Talk when Doc introduced it, and joined up shortly after it started. I was working still, even though I was already over 65, but have since retired, sold the RV I lived in for several years, and moved in with my daughter. Couldn't have managed it without her generosity. After several months, got the finances righted around, and then on with life.

My wife was an excellent cook, my size is all the proof anyone needs to verify that! And I was always helping her out in the kitchen, to the point where cooking was something we always did together. When she got sick, I took over as chief cook and bottle washer, even cooking a full Thanksgiving feast for her and our daughter the last year. After I lost her five years ago, I found it very difficult to go into the kitchen to actually cook anything - a sandwich or a frozen entree was about all I could manage. In the past year or so, I don't have any problem cooking but just cannot get motivated to cook only for myself.

Last fall, I began cooking heart healthy for my best friend of 40 years and his wife after he had a heart attack, and she had a broken arm. His daughter got him a Betty Crocker book with a log, tips, and recipies from their Heart Healty cookbook, and I cooked three meals a day from that for six weeks while he was on the mend and getting back on his feet. He claimed my food was always good, he always felt satisified by it, and liked the taste and variety. I taught him how to buy to keep it up after I departed, and feel pretty good about what I accomplished - he lost over 40 pounds, was going to cardiac rehab three times a week, walking three miles a day, and riding his bicycle at least 15 minutes a day, so I hope he wil be OK.

My sister lives in Greece, where my daughter and I went to share Christmas with them. I've become interested in Greek cooking as well, I really like Greek food. Their food seems to be pretty heart healthy too. This year I'm going to try to do more cooking, see if my daughter, her boyfriend, and I can't all loose some weight without loosing taste or satisfaction from what we eat. And I am looking forward to getting some good ideas from the forum.

Happy eating!

Fred

Last edited:

chowhound

I Fred. (Boy, there sure are a lot of Freds on this board. You make three including myself!)
Glad to see you posting again. I just got here.

I live by myself and yes, sometimes it's hard to get up the gumption to cook for one, but sharing what I do with a group such as this one gives me motivation to go cook something. Not to mention I live in a dinky town with no good carry out (lol).

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Fred. Good intro. Thanks for filling us in. We have some real cooking pros who have signed up recently. I think you'll be glad you wandered over this way. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Thanks

... for the welcome.

Chowhound, all I can say is the three of us share a good name!!

Doc, I've been reading all the other intros this morning, and it seems to me like you've attracted a good group! By the way, how is the Mrs. enjoying her KitchenAid?

Fred

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
She's loving it. :thumb: It got a workout over the holidays and came through with flying colors. :D
She couldn't believe she had gone all these years without one. :pat: