Whats on the plate 8/9/10?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I like to top my baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon butter. 1/2 stick of softened butter, and 2 tsps each of cinnamon and powdered sugar.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I like to top my baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon butter. 1/2 stick of softened butter, and 2 tsps each of cinnamon and powdered sugar.
I like them that way too Mama, but only around the holidays (go figure).. I like squashes topped in the same manner- but if I'm just gonna throw a sweet potato in the oven and bake it as a side, I like them savoury more than sweet.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Looks terrific, Sass - I'm with you on the sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are a big item here in Mexico. There is a vendor who comes up our street often with a portable wood-fired oven (on a pushcart) who sells sweet potatoes and plantains. He smothers them with sweetened condensed milk. He has a steam whistle to let us know he's coming. Pretty tasty!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Looks terrific, Sass - I'm with you on the sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are a big item here in Mexico. There is a vendor who comes up our street often with a portable wood-fired oven (on a pushcart) who sells sweet potatoes and plantains. He smothers them with sweetened condensed milk. He has a steam whistle to let us know he's coming. Pretty tasty!
Now that would be cool.
You are very fortunate to live where you do Karen. :thumb:

buckytom

Grill Master
on my last day of vacation, i took the family to camel beach at camelback mountain in the poconos http://www.skicamelback.com/camelbe...PC&utm_content=CamwatGet&utm_campaign=Branded

we had pretty good crab cakes, fried shrimp, and grilled chicken there for lunch, then we went to a nearby restaurant called "smuggler's cove" for dinner: http://www.smugglerscove.net/menu_dinner.html

my boy had a burger and sweet potato fries, dw had a salad and the stuffed flounder, and i had a huge salad from the sneeze-n-salad bar, and the best hunk o' prime rib that i've had in a long time.

we finished it all off with a warm walnut brownie topped with haagen dazs vanilla ice cream.

i wish vacation would never end.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We had Spatchcocked Cornish Hen roasted in the oven and finsihed with a Fench & Balsamic glaze. Didn't grab any plate pics, but I did shoot a few when she came out of the oven. I'll check the camera later tonight.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We had Spatchcocked Cornish Hen roasted in the oven and finsihed with a Fench & Balsamic glaze. Didn't grab any plate pics, but I did shoot a few when she came out of the oven. I'll check the camera later tonight.

Little birdie!

Attachments

• hen1.jpg
    hen1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 79