Whats cooking Tuesday July 28, 2009

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made turkey breast on the grill with rice and broccoli
P7280799.jpg

Deelady

Looks great Mama!!!

I ended up making Hawaiian Marinated wings baked in the oven, sauteed bell peppers (multi colored) with rice and a ceasar salad. Everything was very tasty esp the salad because I quickly made croutons from left over crusty bread and it really hit the spot!! :)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
well, we never got the chinese... My son and his fiancee came by as well and they did not care for the chinese idea..

So it was take out from the local diner. Everyone had something different. I opted for a roast beef and turkey on rye with russian dressing.

I really wanted those cold sesame noodles though..:mellow:
I should have popped over and we could have gone for Chinese together. DW is out tonight and I worked 10 hours in the heat and did not feel like cooking, so I stopped at the Pheonix Buffet and pigged out on crab legs, mussels, shrimp and a bunch of different California rolls with fresh ginger and wasabi sauce. Also had a bowl of won ton soup. No dessert at buffets, only entrees.

homecook

Re: Tuesday Supper 7/28/09

I'm thinking chicken also. Maybe grill it with some portabellos and top a salad.

Yep.........that's what I'm doin. lol

I forgot about the portabellos but I did do the chicken. lol

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 106

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks last night was healthy cooking night (lol--not here though). Good job homecook and mama! Both look great.

lilbopeep

🌹 🍉 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
LBP, those spinach pies look sooooo good!! Recipe???

We're having record breaking heat here in the NW, into the 100's - no AC so will be too hot to cook anything! I think I'll drink my dinner, lol :blush:
i just used pillsbury buttermilk biscuits and stuffed them with the leftover spinach pie filling (Peep's Spinach Pies Click here for recipe). i ran out of phyllo leaves and i knew there wasn't enough filling for another package of phyllo leaves so biscuits were the next best thing.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
oh, JoeV, you are such the tease. You would have had the pleasure of not only my company, but Miss Coco Dolly would have joined us as well.

Another time, please!!

Newnork1978

GrilledChickenSalad.jpg

Better late than never. :huh:

After two days in the heat (Sunday & Monday), loading & unloading a 26' U-Haul, I didn't feel like cooking...but by Tuesday I felt able to throw something together. Without access to my computer (and NCT's recipes), I came up with a simple Grilled Chicken Salad. This salad was fully loaded with tons of juicy chicken and lots of veggies. I wanted something cool and light, but filling. We had warm store-bought french bread to go with it...and boy, did it hit the spot! :chef:

Newnork1978

Nice salad!

Thanks...I cheated, a bit, and bought pre-made salad (mixed lettuce) and added carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, tomato, boiled egg, and mushrooms. Then grilled up some boneless/skinless chicken, shredded it, and mixed into the salad. We had a variety of dressings for the salad as well...all store-bought. I haven't begun to get into making my own salad dressing, yet.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
That's OK, we don't make our own salad dressing either, LOL. That salad looks great, I love the summer when we can get baby greens and lettuce nice and fresh. Sometimes it is all we have for supper, and it is surprisingly filling.
This from an Iowa farm boy raised on meat and potatoes, LOL!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks...I cheated, a bit, and bought pre-made salad (mixed lettuce) and added carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, tomato, boiled egg, and mushrooms. Then grilled up some boneless/skinless chicken, shredded it, and mixed into the salad. We had a variety of dressings for the salad as well...all store-bought. I haven't begun to get into making my own salad dressing, yet.

Wait a Minute .............Buying a bag of Field Greens for my Salad is CHEATING !!
But, But............We Don't have any Fields 'round here..............:blush:

Newnork1978

That's OK, we don't make our own salad dressing either, LOL. That salad looks great, I love the summer when we can get baby greens and lettuce nice and fresh. Sometimes it is all we have for supper, and it is surprisingly filling.
This from an Iowa farm boy raised on meat and potatoes, LOL!

Salads are made for summer. Thanks! :smile:

Newnork1978

Wait a Minute .............Buying a bag of Field Greens for my Salad is CHEATING !!
But, But............We Don't have any Fields 'round here..............:blush:

We don't have any fields around here either...I was just saying I didn't buy each kind of lettuce & cabbage, that I wanted in my salad, and chopped it up myself. :blush: