What's Cooking in this Heat on 7-23-11

Embryodad

i missed this one. i won't ingest fondant. nor icing, if too thick 'er canned. i like plain w/ sweet food, & nary bother w/ them- i despised learning 'bout fondant-making, simple, yeah, edible, uh-uh. reminds me too much of dough & it's fussy. to each his/her own, tho!
Oh...So...Funn..eeee!

I watch them make cakes on the cooking shows, and that one Ace of Cakes ...Neat show..I watch them pitter pat and handle that wicked (to me anyway ) fondant.
Reminds me of clay Gumbie! ...hahahahahaha''
Too much handling and forming with the hands. Sweaty hands turn me off too!. Oily stinky sweaty snotty hands are grossum!

Embryodad

This is the kind of "F R O S T I N G " I LIKE!!!!!!!!!......

5bc5fbc0.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The teriyaki sounds like a winner with those for sure.

DW makes porkburgers with the ground pork, and with pureed onions, and then adds a handful of breadcrumbs to just hold it togther.
Dredged in flour lightly, and fried in cooking oil.

Great with applesauce.....

Have to try the teriyaki ones. That would be great with fried rice, or noodles I'll bet!

Those mashed taters are really an eye catcher all filled with gravy.
DW is a mashed and gravy lover of sorts.....

Thanks Jimmy!

It sounds like me and your DW are doing the same bit for these pork patties! How cool. I’ve never tried apple sauce though, but I’ve read a thousand times that apple and pork are a stellar combination. I must try that! Thanks! Definitely on my to-do list!!! :thumb:

And yeah......GRAVY! :lol:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
is that tomato, w/ the succotash- sorrry, blurry vision, & i'm not fighting w/ contacts/tinted specs tonite!:mrgreen:

It was a blend of tomatoes, corn, and butter beans. If you strain it with a slotted spoon, it’s a heap of veggies that are tasty. But I like the juice as it is almost like a soup, so I like mine “soupy” as shown in my pic. Very tasty!

Embryodad

I could go for some of that right now Jimmy.
LOL
Sass...let's see!!

We got august...then sept. and before we know..the kids will be back in school...halloween will be here, and it's all over when the Big Bird Day arrives.

I said to DW..... The snow blower is in front bay of the garage..and I may as well leave it there redy for the snow days. I can't wait.
To me and DW..Summer is nice...( Looking at it from through a window from inside the cool of A/C )
Right now she is cuddled up on the recliner ( fart sack ); all bundled up with a feather thick over her head! LOL...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
It was a blend of tomatoes, corn, and butter beans. If you strain it with a slotted spoon, it’s a heap of veggies that are tasty. But I like the juice as it is almost like a soup, so I like mine “soupy” as shown in my pic. Very tasty!

i shall try that- i've the ingredients! thx!

Embryodad

bring meeeeeeeeee! please! :mrgreen:
OK... I'm sending it out to you on the Martz Bus.
If it's all melted and wet when it gets there.......at least you'll know the favor was done, but only temporarily so.

Yay Yay! Rain all day today.... Yippie, I'm gonna stand on the back porch and have my coffee under the umbrella. Love being under the umbrella in the rain!
Love lightening strikes too! I could watch it all day long!
I have hahahaha...a white noise machine in the bedroom...and I play lightening storms on it to fall asleep. If not that..and DW hollers at me..(pita)...I will switch it to a running crick. Hate birds chirping! Grrrr! It has that too.

Embryodad

bring meeeeeeeeee! please! :mrgreen:
I'm LQQKing at the weather channel, and the P-g"H" is havin the rains tomorrow too.

I see the H-burG big boys at the capital let P-BurgH keep the "H" at the end!

Some idiot saw the banner over the Pennsylvania House Museum with "Pittsburg" (no"H") at the end, and started all the controversy to have it changed to that and to drop the "H"... Fools! Leave it alone. It's unique!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
All of those Margaret Holmes canned products are fantastic.
I see them at the Dollar General and sometimes at Meijer.
I have tried the triple succotash, the hoppin' john and the maters, okra and corn (loved it even tho I hate okra) lol
Also a yellow squash and a seasoned cabbage.
The canned goods are perfect for a lazy, sometimes cook... like me, yo. :D

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
All of those Margaret Holmes canned products are fantastic.
I see them at the Dollar General and sometimes at Meijer.
I have tried the triple succotash, the hoppin' john and the maters, okra and corn (loved it even tho I hate okra) lol
Also a yellow squash and a seasoned cabbage.
The canned goods are perfect for a lazy, sometimes cook... like me, yo. :D

Yeah, I think we DID get that can at the Dollar General Market. That or Big Lots????

I haven’t tried the Hoppin' John yet, but I’m dying to! I must find that soon! :thumb:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I'm LQQKing at the weather channel, and the P-g"H" is havin the rains tomorrow too.

I see the H-burG big boys at the capital let P-BurgH keep the "H" at the end!

Some idiot saw the banner over the Pennsylvania House Museum with "Pittsburg" (no"H") at the end, and started all the controversy to have it changed to that and to drop the "H"... Fools! Leave it alone. It's unique!

leave history as history!
yeah, we get intermittent rain, then a wave of humidity. i betcha 'da 'burgh would win the award 4 the most fussy weather in the country. i'd place $$ on that if i was a gambler, lol/

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I think we DID get that can at the Dollar General Market. That or Big Lots????

I haven’t tried the Hoppin' John yet, but I’m dying to! I must find that soon! :thumb:
Just as tasty as the others.

Ahh Gayrawn-tee!! :yum:

justin_wilson.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok everybody sucks here..lmao just kidding
all your food looks great

for the second day in a row i am eating.........

doublequarter.jpg

anybody in the Sacramento Cali area that wants to cook for me???...lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everyones food looks and sounds wonderful!! I didn't take a picture of last nights dinner but here is an old pic of the same meal.

We had pan fried hamburgers (onions added to pan (after burgers were removed) and fried with a tab of butter and seasoning), American cheese, pickle, Tabasco Hot and spicy ketchup on a poppy seed roll slightly toasted in the burger fond, lettuce and tomato.

042711_burger.jpg

Norm

Everyone's dinner looks really good. I wanted to try a recipe in a cookbook given me on my birthday. It is called sweet and sour spare ribs. It calls for boiling the ribs for a couple of hours and I could not bring myself to do that to spare ribs. I trimmed them to make them St. Louis cut ribs and ground up the trimmings to use later in lasagna and also maybe in meatloaf too. I rubbed the ribs with a commercial rub from Kansas City called The Squeal. (From the old saying by meat packers that they use every part of the pig except the squeal. LOL)

Anyway the ribs were in the smoker with hickory for about 2 1/2 hours, are now wrapped in foil and baking for another 2 or 3 hours, then I'll finish under the broiler with the sweet sour sauce in the recipe book.

I should have pictures and the sauce recipe in a few hours. If the pictures turn out, they will be posted at the site listed below.