What We're Eating Sunday January 7 - Saturday 13 2024

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸŒŽπŸ¦‹
Gold Site Supporter
Feeling very lazy today, sitting in my pj's, under a blanket, watching movies and the snowstorm. This is the kind of winter day that is good to recharge body and mind batteries.

Lee
I've been doing the same, lazy day.
Except we haven't gotten that much snow, - yet!
That's coming Tuesday πŸ₯Ά

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸŒŽπŸ¦‹
Gold Site Supporter
I'm just going to do the cod fillets in the pan, in butter.
Don't feel like standing there, dipping, breading, then frying.
I've already made the pasta salad.
Bow ties, sliced little tomatoes, red onion, spinach,Bleu cheese crumbles and basil, in Italian dressing.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch with the Shark & her Posse - the Copper Crow...
I opted for two "small plates" ...

Charred Octopus -
Caramalized Fennel, Tangarine segments. Pickled Jalapeno & onions & Basil Aioli
Octopus.jpg

Seared Diver Scallops w/ Corn Puree, Arugula & Heirloom Tomato Salad...

Scallops.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸŒŽπŸ¦‹
Gold Site Supporter
Dad has been in the hospital and now rehab. Fluid in the lungs, but he seems to be a bit better now.

I must say that I'm having a renewed interest in cooking - all the MANY things that Dad doesn't like.

Lee
Aww Lee, I sure hope he gets 100% soon.
πŸ₯°

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Dad has been in the hospital and now rehab. Fluid in the lungs, but he seems to be a bit better now.

I must say that I'm having a renewed interest in cooking - all the MANY things that Dad doesn't like.

Lee
I’m sorry to hear about your Dad 😞. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» that he’s on the mend and feeling better soon!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸŒŽπŸ¦‹
Gold Site Supporter
This Marie Callender chili is pretty good heated from the can, but honestly I've had better.
Anyway, after tasting it, I doctored it up with cumin, garlic and a pinch of brown sugar, added 1/2 can of corn, put a slice of cheddar in the bottom of the bowl , onions and cilantro on the top.
Dinner.

IMG_20240108_152704005.jpg