What is Your Weather?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
It was a VERY rainy weekend! And we needed it. I actually prefer a rainy-ish day over a sunny one especially when the temps are in the high 60's.

Today its still a tad rainy.

Embryodad

58º and drizzle / cloudy.
Weather channel says rainy damp next 4 day's.
I could care less...finished the mowing and trimming just 30 minutes before the rain drops started...

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Hot hot humid humid hot humid more of the same. WhaDaYa expect when ya live next to the Everglades????

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
just right!
i took a stroll to the bar near-dusk & it was just pretty enough to not have to take a hoodie or cardigan. earlier, it was that weather that is gentle & ahhhh! & sandals can be worn.

Embryodad

just right!
i took a stroll to the bar near-dusk & it was just pretty enough to not have to take a hoodie or cardigan. earlier, it was that weather that is gentle & ahhhh! & sandals can be worn.
Whilst ye strolled...did thou holdeth thy hands folded behind thy back???...

O M G .... I could seeith thee swaying to and fro, as strolling.

Yer so funny luvs. Thou maketh me laugh!

Embryodad

84.5º Outside... 73º inside the house!

Hot and sticky for me / DW.... Cannot take the heat anymore!

Supposed to rain later..but we'll see.

Oooops...Just found out DW is cold now. She raised the temp to 76º. Grrrrr!!

Son Jim & wife..just came back from Boston. They were there over the weekend and at the Game.
They dropped off some pastry's from Mikes Pastry Shoppe in Boston.
I guess that will be a treat later... Umm!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Whilst ye strolled...did thou holdeth thy hands folded behind thy back???...

O M G .... I could seeith thee swaying to and fro, as strolling.

Yer so funny luvs. Thou maketh me laugh!

hehe, jimmy- u keep me laughing, too.

the swaying to-&-fro would be on the stroll home after a few too many.;)

the weather is really warm & humid. better than yesterday. the storm last nite was sweet.

Last edited:

Embryodad

hehe, jimmy- u keep me laughing, too.

the swaying to-&-fro would be on the stroll home after a few too many.;)
Ha Ha Ha Ha ..yeah! One step forward and two steps backwards and a few steps sidewayze in between. Been There / Done That!! hahahaha ...

Hi, All - I just got home from being in the office most of the day and bopped my dear husband for saying our little lady is "cheap". Absolutely not, and any little boy who would bring his fire water and come calling would have to pass a rigorous FBI check or get past me. Wouldn't do him much good, though, as Miss Sassy was "itized" while she was still at the shelter. Oh well.

Weatherwise, I'd have to say WEIRD, up here. Yesterday it was nice - in the 70s and the day before was 90! I simply wasn't prepared for hot and humid but then, I rarely am. Today has been lovely with mild temps and plenty of sunshine. A nice breeze, too. Time to sit out on the patio (after giving DH one more bopping) and speak lovingly to "Bruce" and the Fawltys.

Deadly Sushi, one other thing to do with fresh tomatoes - take two pieces of lovely, soft, fresh white bread and butter them liberally. Then slice some thick tomato sliced on them and add a sprinkle of sugar. It's just delicious.

Fallon :wink:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
At 12:45am, it's still 81.
Storms overnight to bring some blessed relief with much more cooler temps coming.
Yay!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Much cooler than it was yesterday at this time.
It started storming early this morning.. lasted for almost 3 hours.

Embryodad

Much cooler than it was yesterday at this time.
It started storming early this morning.. lasted for almost 3 hours.
That's good Sass...
I see we will be getting the cooler period after you folks...

I have the house all closed and darkened (Something that is FROWNED UPON with DW).. I like living in a Cave! Geeze...I feel like CroMagnon Man already!

Just think...man, long long ago was smart. He lived in a Cave, and had natural Air Conditioning.. He ate sitting on a rock, and eating from a slate dish.
He needed no electricity to keep cool, and his mate could care less if he stunk like a skunk. OMG...Could you imagine the stink??
Well Heck, stinky I'm sure kept the bugs away.

gee...I should have been an anthropologist...

Embryodad

Here it is Tuesday.. and the heat outside was 85º....

Tina called from down South Jersey, and it was 92º in Hamilton Twp.

It now just instantly dropped to 76º and its cloudy and stormlike looking.
Oooops..The horn and red script is just flashing dangerous lightening..
Winds and heavy rains on the way... Y A Y !.. The radar shows it in Stroudsburg, PA so that means about 15 - 20 minutes we should get hammered.
ahhh! Just love the cool rain.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
was good this morning, cloudy gone sunny, @ 8-ish. pouring & gray @ 'bout 1pm. then sunny. went from mild & pleasant to toooo warm in 15 minutes i spent @ mkt. district. sunshine 'til now- storming again. that's why i wore wellies all day. gots to leave! later, yinz guys~

Embryodad

Yay!... it went from 85 d o w n ...to 68º right now. the temp dropped in one hour.

It's raining out nicely, with some lightening strikes. The kittys are hiding. They are scared of thunder.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Yay!... it went from 85 d o w n ...to 68º right now. the temp dropped in one hour.

It's raining out nicely, with some lightening strikes. The kittys are hiding. They are scared of thunder.

Yup, 'twas a fast and furious storm with that nice cold front sweeping in!
It's nice and coolish right now..70 with low humidity.
Tomorrow it's barely going to reach 70.. and the low will be in the 40s.
That I like!
My weenie dog hates storms, but so do I.
She woke me up early this morning at the first clap of thunder and the lightning show.

Since there was no dinner thread started, I'll tell ya.. I ate vegetarian today...and will be doing so more often simply because I like to, and miss it (used to be strictly veg/vegan).

Baby spinach, grape tomatoes, sliced carrot, onion and Henri's sweet and tangy dressing.
Had two mini butter croissants with it.
That was my dinner, very refreshing and delicious.
Iced tea was my beverage.

Embryodad

Yup, 'twas a fast and furious storm with that nice cold front sweeping in!
It's nice and coolish right now..70 with low humidity.
Tomorrow it's barely going to reach 70.. and the low will be in the 40s.
That I like!
My weenie dog hates storms, but so do I.
She woke me up early this morning at the first clap of thunder and the lightning show.

Since there was no dinner thread started, I'll tell ya.. I ate vegetarian today...and will be doing so more often simply because I like to, and miss it (used to be strictly veg/vegan).

Baby spinach, grape tomatoes, sliced carrot, onion and Henri's sweet and tangy dressing.
Had two mini butter croissants with it.
That was my dinner, very refreshing and delicious.
Iced tea was my beverage.
L00King at 81 tomorrow. I doubt that. It will more than likely hit 77.

I could deal with that..

I ate light for supper.. some sliced tomato, and cheese with two slices of bread.
I'm getting ready to hit the crib soon...so I will make a bowl of rice chex with a tbs. of karo corn syrup..and raisins with milk and heavy cream. oOoooo!!

I could really go for a Italian Sub / Hero...but I gotta start cutting my fats intake.
I..Know ..I Know..the heavy cream with the cereal. That's to let the chex slide down so I don't choke.
i could see it now.....

Fat Man dies with breathing difficulties after rice chex lodge in his esophagus; because he forgot to add heavy cream!

Leni

Clear skies with a breeze and where I am it should get into the high 80's or even up to the 90's. Thank God for air conditioning!

Ronjohn

We're back home after an extended long weekend in Michigan's upper peninsula. And it seems we brought the cooler weather back with us. Thankfully, that's all we brought.

When we got up there last Thursday night, we realized we were in between two wildfires. Fortunately one is contained, sadly the bigger of the two is still going and has now torched over 22,000 acres. That fire was to our northeast.

Here's a link to a gallery of photos: http://photos.mlive.com/4469/gallery/duck_lake_fire_in_michigans_upper_peninsula/index.html

My favorite (since this was on our lake - which was already low on water to begin with!)
11087932-standard.jpg

Embryodad

We are into June, and today is a june weather day.

It's 80º out, and just a little humid.
It's not a sweat breaker in the shade at least.
I just pulled a Cheesecake out of the oven.
I just turned the cooling on in the back room and moved my operations on the computer to here where its cooling off.
DW is all bundled up, and she is drugged and sleeping in the living room easy chair. She is sick, and I just gave her her dose of codine cough syrup.

"Syrup....Syrup will put her to sleep dearies!"....Now Go get that little dog, Todo!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Baseball sized hail :ohmy: - Dallas got pummeled! Luckily, my area didn't have hail, just some rain :umbrella: .

dal_hail.jpg-medium

AvUQExJCIAAkUnM.jpg