what is your signature dish ...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We use a brand called La Costena which is chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce. It table of contents reads as follows:

Chipotle Peppers
Vinegar
Tomatoes
Onions
Sugar
Salt
Paprika
Soy Bean Oil
Spices (?) no idea what this is though.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The grocery store near me caters to the population of the region. I am not sure what the current blends are. they have 3 r 4 different color cap.

Actually Goya makes six different ones.

http://www.goya.com/english/products/product.html?prodSubCatID=7&prodCatID=4

For a long time, I thought that only Goya made it. There are several makers and the name is descriptive of the spice mix not the manufacturer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobo
yup they don't make the vinegar one any more.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here are the recipes for two dry spice blends I've used as well.

Puerto Rican Adobe blend

4 Tbsp Salt
4 Tbsp Garlic powder
2 Tbsp Onion powder
2 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp saffron
2 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp Lemon zest
1 Tbsp turmeric
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp coriander
1 Tbsp dried cilantro

Adobo Seasoning

3 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Peep - Maybe the lemon one would be similar.

Thank You Joe - Wow 2 TBSP of saffron is a bunch of saffron.

Lefty

Yank
We use a brand called La Costena which is chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce. It table of contents reads as follows:

Chipotle Peppers
Vinegar
Tomatoes
Onions
Sugar
Salt
Paprika
Soy Bean Oil
Spices (?) no idea what this is though.

I wish they carried that around here. Yummy!!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I actually buy this brand at Walmart and Kroger's here Lefty. Oh it is a bit hotter than one would imagine for Chipotle peppers in vinegar.

Here you go this is a picture of the 7oz can I buy.

Attachments

• lacosta chipolte in adobo sauce.jpg
    lacosta chipolte in adobo sauce.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I use a couple of strands when I make it myself. I've also used Turmeric in place of saffron the "Poor Man's Saffron".

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I try to mix things up a but, but I love grilling ribeye steaks! I make a men pot of chili too, but I never make it the same way twice!

GotGarlic

great stuff, josie. thanks. :thumb:

i don't have one signature dish, but i'm known by family, friends and co-workers for a few.

i've been making sunday gravy forever. and shrimp and scallop fra diavolo.

then there's my carolina style pulled pork, daube provencale, london broil with bok choy sauce, split pea soup, manhattan clam chowder, stuffed baked trout, chicken parm, sausage and peppers, armstrong's pork chops, pork tenderloin with mustard and fennel, two potato soup, lemony smothered chicken ...

hmmm, i'm sure there's more. gotta think. i can produce recipes for most if anyone's interested.

I'd love your recipes for stuffed baked trout, sausage and peppers and lemony smothered chicken :mrgreen: Thanks!

GotGarlic

I have several dishes I make that people always love - lasagna, moussaka, chicken enchiladas, bruschetta with homemade pesto and homegrown tomatoes, Greek marinated grilled chicken with tzatziki sauce, lemon-soy marinated grilled chicken and veggie kebabs, Asian-style chicken pasta salad, and poached salmon with tarragon sauce.

homecook

According to my family it's my spaghetti and meatballs/sausage which was my mothers' recipe that I've tweaked.

I also make chicken paprikash and breaded pork chops that are often requested.

AllenOK

Gosh, I don't even know if I could list them. I have many dishes that I make, at home and at work, that are to-die-for.

My Clam Chowder (made that last week), Beef Stroganoff (last night), omelettes (two this morning), Smoke-Roasted Chicken, pulled pork, etc. At work, several of my dishes are on the menu. I have at least one member that can usually identify a new dish as mine, just by the taste.