What did santa bring you?

Lefty

Yank
Good year for me.

Laptop, case, printer
Invita watch
Carhart pants, sweatshirt and shirt
double steamer pot

I guess I will have to get a jeweler to fit the watch for me. There is a kit you can buy for it, but I can't see doing that.

Does anyone know if there is a fee for that???

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Here's a tutorial to do it yourself. http://www.ehow.com/how_4830350_remove-links-invicta-watch.html
If it's anything like Seiko, you can do it but it's a little tricky. I've done it quite a few times using toothpicks and/or a straight pin to push out the pins in the bracelet. I think it's $10 - $15 to have it done.

Santa was good to me, too. The kids gave DH and I a Blu-Ray player, lots of candy and I got a wonderful bottle of balsamic vinegar.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Mom/Dad-clause gave me a chain for my my crucifix, a pink camera, gear for here & school, a bottle of vino, a netbookholder, a pile of presents, my brother & his girlfriens gave me a wool-lined pens hat, a stillers pink keychain, & some hockey parapheniilia. jake gave me a netbook/ 2 yrs. of service & tequila, margirita blend, & gear. a few other stuffs. his fam gave me perfume & lotion, & gave us both several giftcards. my baby nephew gave me a magnet that says, #1 Aunt. he's 4, & he chose my gift himself. precious.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
socks, dvd's: night at the museum 1 & 2, da vinci code & angels and demons, cuisnart grind and brew 12 cup coffeemaker.

K

Kimchee

Nice Lansky knife sharpening kit... 2 magnetic knife racks.. finally some decent whisks!...
fine bottle of balsamic vinegar.. fancy stopper for it... some wine-infused salamis and a
bunch of other om nom nom stocking stuffers like Chipotle pepper dark chocolate (has a future in a batch of chili..)
And some mundane things like a shirt, calendar, survival knife....

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I got an electric pepper mill! I'm very excited!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Peugeot-Electric-Pepper-Soft-Touch-Strawberry/dp/B000J1A8HA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1261797319&sr=8-6[/ame]

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Crystal Got a set of drums. DW About to leave us!
004-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I got a nice pile of shirts & tops and DW bought me a 2 hour cookery demonstration on Indian cooking. I also got a selection of interesting relishes.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I got a mandolin!!! Finally!!!
Sketchers Fit (or whatever they are called, good for the glutes)
Music
Clothes
Jewelery
Potpurri container with a fleur de lis
GPS (holy shit..how do I get this thing working?)
Lotions
Picture frame
Antique sign - shoes are a girl's best friend (duh)
Godiva chocolates

And most importantly, the love and companionship of some of the greatest people on earth - My kids, Lou, Ivan and his new family, my family (though separated by miles this year) and friends, including you all here.

GotGarlic

A lovely jingly silver necklace; three books by David Sedaris for when I can use a laugh; two yoga DVDs for when I need to relax; a sweater, candy, and a bottle of wine.

DH and I are more into experiences now than stuff - we have pretty much what we need. So we're also planning a mid-winter trip to New Orleans, possibly for early Mardi Gras celebrations in the beginning of February.

Hope everyone's holiday wishes come true! Love you all and thanks for being here :smile:

High Cheese

Saucier
A Japanese knife, spherification kit (already have plans for that), the French Laundry book, and a couple nick-nacs.

Nice drumset Dan!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Let me see now. Seven hoodies which I needed badly, 3 pairs of jeans (also needed), 4 new movies (DVD), and a de Buyer carbon steel 12" sauté pan (about 4 to 5 qts) and a new carbon steel wok.

homecook

Beater blade for my KA mixer
Extra bowl for the mixer
Digital camera
Wii Fit
Sleep pants
Necklace and earrings
Kitchen towels
Silicone pot holder

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
a 1 1/2 quart all-clad pot
One of those beater blades that scrape the bowl for my KA
a HUGE lazy Susan
Leather purse
a sign that says "It's a Wonderful Life!"
shoes
slippers
Lots of shirts
The love of my family...both here and at NCT!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Suffice it say that I was pampered and spoiled and I am grateful to all who had a hand in it. I am truly blessed. I had made a list somewhere but it was added to since.

However, despite being knocked out with presents, my favorite time was spent shopping for someone else. I wanted to share a taste of home and a bit of me to someone who has been very kind and to let them know it is most appreciated.

Wart

Banned
Wifes car got new tires.

And we 'adopted*" another cat which so far has ran up a $400 Vet bill. :bonk:

Glad we got the tires first. :yum:

*Humes don't adopt Cats, Cats adopt Humans.

Phiddlechik

A beautiful gold and diamond necklace, interlocking hearts, from my DH. And a flannel nightgown and cool Smartwool socks (he knows me well!) Also got a gift card from the folks for a camper/rv supply store, a target gift card, and some cash (will use both for a new coffee maker). My sister got me a Martha Stewart collection of 5 kitchen scissors.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Santa brought me some slippers and two pairs of earrings. The camera that I got before Thanksgiving was my biggie. I'm a happy camper.

suziquzie

my MIL made me the most BEAUTIFUL knitted cabled cardigan..... I hope to post a pic.... I couldn't ask for better... oh.. my mom sent me a gift card..... because she couldn't possibly know me as well as my MIL.... hmmm..... :/

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some cool tools. A 8 in one socket wrench, Additional metric & standard socket set ( I needed one to keep on the boat instead of carrying the tools back and forth from home to boat), tape measure, cool razor knife, small level, good gloves & cologne. A good Christmas for sure. :D

edit to add,
Oh yeah, I got something to make me feel old ....but I have to admit, I needed it. An electric nose hair trimmer. :yum: Lol.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Doc, a grooming item--are you going all metrosexual on us? lol (just teasin')
Sounds like everybody has done well.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I have no room for anything so presents are put of the question. I did receive a Carl Hiaasen book, The Downhill Lie, golf related which of course I like. Well. I'd like it anyway as I've enjoyed all of Hiaasen's works. I love all his south Florida tales along with the books of former fishing guide Randy Wayne White. So many outrageously weird characters, so little time.....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Doc, a grooming item--are you going all metrosexual on us? lol (just teasin')
Sounds like everybody has done well.

Well, here we go again, using words that send some of us lesser educated beings to the dictionary or Wikipedia. I chose Wiki...

Metrosexual

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Metrosexual (disambiguation).

40px-Edit-clear.svg.png

This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please improve this article if you can. (February 2009) Metrosexual, a portmanteau of metropolitan and heterosexual, is a neologism of the 2000s that refers to a heterosexual man (especially one living in a post-industrial, capitalist culture) that has a strong concern for his appearance or a lifestyle that displays attributes stereotypically associated with homosexual men.
Debate surrounds the term's use as a theoretical signifier of sex deconstruction and its associations with consumerism.

Evolution of the word

The term originated in an article by Mark Simpson[1] published on November 15, 1994, in The Independent. Simpson wrote:
“ Metrosexual man, the single young man with a high disposable income, living or working in the city (because that’s where all the best shops are), is perhaps the most promising consumer market of the decade. In the Eighties he was only to be found inside fashion magazines such as GQ, in television advertisements for Levis jeans or in gay bars. In the Nineties, he’s everywhere and he’s going shopping. ” The term greatly increased in popularity following Simpson's 2002 Salon.com article "Meet the metrosexual", which identified David Beckham as the metrosexual poster boy. The advertising agency Euro RCSG Worldwide adopted the term shortly thereafter for a marketing study, and the New York Times published a Sunday feature, "Metrosexuals Come Out"; the story trickled into local news outlets across North America.

More at SOURCE

Is this you, Doc?????:yum: I don't think so.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well, here we go again, using words that send some of us lesser educated beings to the dictionary or Wikipedia. I chose Wiki...

Metrosexual

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Metrosexual (disambiguation).

40px-Edit-clear.svg.png

This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please improve this article if you can. (February 2009) Metrosexual, a portmanteau of metropolitan and heterosexual, is a neologism of the 2000s that refers to a heterosexual man (especially one living in a post-industrial, capitalist culture) that has a strong concern for his appearance or a lifestyle that displays attributes stereotypically associated with homosexual men.
Debate surrounds the term's use as a theoretical signifier of sex deconstruction and its associations with consumerism.

Evolution of the word

The term originated in an article by Mark Simpson[1] published on November 15, 1994, in The Independent. Simpson wrote:
“ Metrosexual man, the single young man with a high disposable income, living or working in the city (because that’s where all the best shops are), is perhaps the most promising consumer market of the decade. In the Eighties he was only to be found inside fashion magazines such as GQ, in television advertisements for Levis jeans or in gay bars. In the Nineties, he’s everywhere and he’s going shopping. ” The term greatly increased in popularity following Simpson's 2002 Salon.com article "Meet the metrosexual", which identified David Beckham as the metrosexual poster boy. The advertising agency Euro RCSG Worldwide adopted the term shortly thereafter for a marketing study, and the New York Times published a Sunday feature, "Metrosexuals Come Out"; the story trickled into local news outlets across North America.

More at SOURCE

Is this you, Doc?????:yum: I don't think so.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
14.gif