What are you doing today?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I have found a new interest - I Found a Quilted Heart. It appeared on my Facebook feed and I was intrigued. They have a website and a Facebook page. https://www.ifoundaquiltedheart.com/

The other day, I went to the Salvation Army store and bought some fabric remnants. Then went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and bought cotton batting, card stock for the labels, a wooden heart for a pattern and a couple of other things. Since I don't have a sewing machine, I'll be sewing my hearts by hand (I was actually thinking of buying an embroidery kit to do while I watch TV, but this is much better).

Since I am about as crafty as Stephen Hawking, this might be a short-lived hobby. But for now, it's making me happy. Even if my hearts turn out "rustic", they might make someone else's day, someone who really needs a day.

I've sewn four hearts so far - they just need hangers and a few decorations. One of the rules about the hearts is not posting photos of hearts you've made on social media, since the heart-makers are supposed to stay anonymous, and the idea is that "it's all about the finders". Pretty cool!

Lee

LastManStanding

I have found a new interest - I Found a Quilted Heart. It appeared on my Facebook feed and I was intrigued. They have a website and a Facebook page. https://www.ifoundaquiltedheart.com/

The other day, I went to the Salvation Army store and bought some fabric remnants. Then went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and bought cotton batting, card stock for the labels, a wooden heart for a pattern and a couple of other things. Since I don't have a sewing machine, I'll be sewing my hearts by hand (I was actually thinking of buying an embroidery kit to do while I watch TV, but this is much better).

Since I am about as crafty as Stephen Hawking, this might be a short-lived hobby. But for now, it's making me happy. Even if my hearts turn out "rustic", they might make someone else's day, someone who really needs a day.

I've sewn four hearts so far - they just need hangers and a few decorations. One of the rules about the hearts is not posting photos of hearts you've made on social media, since the heart-makers are supposed to stay anonymous, and the idea is that "it's all about the finders". Pretty cool!

Lee
That's very nice.
I checked their website on the wayback machine. They've started it in 2014, and are still going. That's a good sign.
I don't know, the satisfaction of doing something is seeing that someone enjoys it. I mean one might do it a few times, and without any "feedback" they might abandon it probably.
But definitely something great.
My father was really good at handcraft. My mother still has a purse cover he made with porcupine quills.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know, the satisfaction of doing something is seeing that someone enjoys it. I mean one might do it a few times, and without any "feedback" they might abandon it probably.
You may very well be right, Indike. They estimate that only about 5% of the people who find the hearts post a photo of it and their story - where they found it and what it meant to them.

Despite the anonymity of the project, I am benefitted by it.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Between trying to get someone to come with me to Toledo ( I do NOT like going there alone) and work bugging me to fill in a slot on the schedule, I'm on the edge. Lol
Jeff will go with me later on in the week, and I've told the ADON no! I'll be available this coming Saturday if you need me, not until then.
Whew!

LastManStanding

You may very well be right, Indike. They estimate that only about 5% of the people who find the hearts post a photo of it and their story - where they found it and what it meant to them.

Despite the anonymity of the project, I am benefitted by it.

Lee
This gave me an idea. I should leave something somewhere with a note that it belongs to the finder. Not a heart or anything, but maybe a pen or something.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This gave me an idea. I should leave something somewhere with a note that it belongs to the finder. Not a heart or anything, but maybe a pen or something.

Actually, I think a nice note with a wish for a good day or some other words of kindness would be lovely for someone to find.

Lee

LastManStanding

Actually, I think a nice note with a wish for a good day or some other words of kindness would be lovely for someone to find.

Lee
Yes good idea. I'll do it once or twice. If I don't like it then I'll give a pen to a school kid I meet. Maybe I should buy 10 pens and give them to 10 kids. But first the anonymous one. Will do the day after tomorrow at Kandy.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
My son Jeff is a HUGE baseball fan.
I bought him a Mickey Mantle collector card today at the antique mall in Toledo.
I thought he was going to pass out.
His collection is large, he refuses to part with them until he gets older. ⚾🧢
I also bought my friend Annette a Detroit Redwing's jersey, she doesn't know about it yet, but she's going to freak out when I give it to her.
🏒♥️

Johnny West

The church ladies burned the crap on the bottom of my soup pot and told them I’d clean it today.

This evening I’m driving to #1 son’s and then we are going to the Kraken vs. Canuck’s. Late night…
Nancy started her plant nursery yesterday - seeds to be planted today.

View attachment 64889
Her starts have gone crazy.

IMG_8529.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Both of my Grandkids Maddie and Elaina are sick with something respiratory.
So are Felicia's two - James and Yazzy.
I'm going to wait up all night if I have to because she's taking them all to the ER in Defiance.
I won't get any sleep tonight.

LastManStanding

Both of my Grandkids Maddie and Elaina are sick with something respiratory.
So are Felicia's two - James and Yazzy.
I'm going to wait up all night if I have to because she's taking them all to the ER in Defiance.
I won't get any sleep tonight.
How did I miss this!
\Hope the kids are getting better |Lora, keep us posted please. | Waiting to hear them back to normal as quickly as possible.

LastManStanding

I came to Colombo. My friend needs a way to get some money from an Indian tourist, and is looking for a Paypal account. |I asked a few friends who are living in the |UK and Switzerland - so they can receive it and send it to Sri \Lanka. Funny enough, nobody seems to have a paypal account. lol. I really thought they do have ||Paypal accounts.

LastManStanding

Got my phone back with a new display. It was around 5 times the usual price from other vendors but this was from the official service provider. Original part same as before. However there's a line of printed letters on screen wihch can be seen when the background is white. I think the screen batch number etc. I have to wait until monday to get it sorted. Or I don't know if I'll have to use as it is, in case they say they can't do anything about it. Happy about the display quality though.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've been driving/running around all freaking day and getting texts from friends concerning health issues, but the bright side in all of this was my son Ty was actually traveling through Lima, Ohio while I was there with my life long friend Tami visiting her Mother (she's like my second Mom) at St.Rita's hospital.
Tami is losing her eyesight because of diabetes, she's facing surgery, her Mom, my second Mom is elderly and just had heart surgery and is being treated for an infection, at her age I don't think she's going to make it, she looked rough 😞
I got to meet up with Ty while I was there.
He was towing an ODOT snow plow back to the place it should be.
It's strange how God places us where we need to be most.
That hug was the best thing I've had today.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've been driving/running around all freaking day and getting texts from friends concerning health issues, but the bright side in all of this was my son Ty was actually traveling through Lima, Ohio while I was there with my life long friend Tami visiting her Mother (she's like my second Mom) at St.Rita's hospital.
Tami is losing her eyesight because of diabetes, she's facing surgery, her Mom, my second Mom is elderly and just had heart surgery and is being treated for an infection, at her age I don't think she's going to make it, she looked rough 😞
I got to meet up with Ty while I was there.
He was towing an ODOT snow plow back to the place it should be.
It's strange how God places us where we need to be most.
That hug was the best thing I've had today.
Updates on this.
Mama Pat is doing surprisingly well and is at rehab in Delphos where I used to work.
She's 83 years old.
Tami was scared to death to have the eye surgery, if for only the reason of being "put under".
She came through it all just fine!
She gets the bandage off tomorrow and they will check to see if the vision has been restored.
Then I hope she gets her diet under control.
Diabetics should be very careful with these things.
She knows that too.
Good news all around 😊

Johnny West

I’m up early and having coffee. I’ll go in to church at 0830 and get started on the clam chowder I’ll make for homeless. The last time I made it was well received. Yesterday, after skeet shooting, I took in two gallons of milk and the cans of chowder I got at the U.S. Chef’s Store. All I have to do is put it together. I have to much and doubt I’ll make it all. Yesterday we shot in t-shirts but today is to be cloudy with rain later in the day. I feel better knowing they will face the weather with a warm bowl of chowder.

LastManStanding

I’m up early and having coffee. I’ll go in to church at 0830 and get started on the clam chowder I’ll make for homeless. The last time I made it was well received. Yesterday, after skeet shooting, I took in two gallons of milk and the cans of chowder I got at the U.S. Chef’s Store. All I have to do is put it together. I have to much and doubt I’ll make it all. Yesterday we shot in t-shirts but today is to be cloudy with rain later in the day. I feel better knowing they will face the weather with a warm bowl of chowder.
Chowder is a soup, right? Recipe says it has milk in it.
About 3 decades ago some NGO gave away some kind of powdered soup to Sri Lanka. It had small cubes of mutton, green peas, and some other vegetables. And it was milky. You only had to put water and boil for a few minutes, and it was delicious. I think it's some kind of chowder.

Johnny West

Chowder is a soup, right? Recipe says it has milk in it.
About 3 decades ago some NGO gave away some kind of powdered soup to Sri Lanka. It had small cubes of mutton, green peas, and some other vegetables. And it was milky. You only had to put water and boil for a few minutes, and it was delicious. I think it's some kind of chowder.
Yes, it is a milk based soup that normally has potatoes, celery, sometimes onions and bacon, with the clams. They said this tasted good but would not be up to my standards making it at home. I did add three coffee cups of chopped clams and a 1/4 pound of butter. Last week they had over 30 people come so I planned for 30 and only 19 showed.

IMG_8732.jpeg
IMG_8733.jpeg

LastManStanding

Last 3 days I've been watching the 2024 Premier League Pool tournament. While the matches are interesting, the chat adds fun.
BTW I have a question for my knowledge :D. Generally speaking, without any specific information, what do you think about 1300USD for a tour of 14 nights and 15 days? Is it too expensive? I mean is it discouraging to take a look at? A friend offered to display an ad from me at his workplace. He is from Pennsylvania. I don't want the price to look too expensive. I'm also planning to send it to a friend in Germany who has been telling me to send a leaflet so he can show it to his friends. Does 1300 sound an average price? Thanks for any insight into the pricing issue. :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last 3 days I've been watching the 2024 Premier League Pool tournament. While the matches are interesting, the chat adds fun.
BTW I have a question for my knowledge :D. Generally speaking, without any specific information, what do you think about 1300USD for a tour of 14 nights and 15 days? Is it too expensive? I mean is it discouraging to take a look at? A friend offered to display an ad from me at his workplace. He is from Pennsylvania. I don't want the price to look too expensive. I'm also planning to send it to a friend in Germany who has been telling me to send a leaflet so he can show it to his friends. Does 1300 sound an average price? Thanks for any insight into the pricing issue. :D

I think I've asked you thing before: what is included? meals and lodging? I guess it depends on the quality of restaurants and hotels, Indike.

Lee