Tattoos ?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
If You put it that way, I got waldo because I'm always looking for something to do.

But no while I spent most of my child hood in the hospital they had these books called High life "now is a pot book" but the book had child activities that you can do on each page of the book and if I remember correctly waldo would be on every few pages!

Just an fyi Keltin, I got thing "Ben grim" 4 years before the movie ever came out.

Thanks, I'll get a picture of my tribal tattoo this weekend.

I remember Highlife.....or was Highlight?? Something like that. I used to LOVE that magazine! It was really cool! :thumb:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
tattoos002.jpg

That's my left arm - roses, gems and a blade - The Madame's toys.
My right arm - a maze of determination
tattoos004.jpg

My abdomen - beauty in captivity

tattoos009.jpg

My thigh - armour
tattoos007.jpg

My calf - the birthright
tattoos006.jpg

And my very very sunburned back (that's what 4 hours gardening and hot tub cleaning will get you on a day like today)
At the nape of my neck is a blue letter L for Lou
On either shoulder blade are two captive rose buds where my wings attach.
At the small of my back is a whirl of destiny.
The full bloom rose signifies realization
tattoos010.jpg

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Yeah, looks like too much sun. Hope you have aloe on you!! I keep mine in the fridge, lol. Feels better that way.

chowhound

Vera, your back reminds me of my forehead and nose right now... ouch.
They can send a man to the moon (supposedly), but they can't invent something to hit you on the head and tell you to put your sunscreen on.
:lol:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Oh I was hoping for more intimate tattoos but they look good though. As for the sun burn I suggest some a large bottle white vinegar in your bath water and soak it will stop the pealing later. Aloe works well on sunburns and we keep a bottle of some stuff they call banana Boat Sooth-A-Caine which also helps if you can't get straight Aloe.

Now I've have never had a sun burn in my life or pealed though I lived in the sun most of my life. Two of my kids did get them pretty bad when small and that is the way we help them get though the pain involved. Neither of the pealed or blistered though badly burned.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Very nice Vera. I remember reading your post in the other place. Each of them has a meaning, as I recall.

Andy

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, your back reminds me of my forehead and nose right now... ouch.
They can send a man to the moon (supposedly), but they can't invent something to hit you on the head and tell you to put your sunscreen on.
:lol:

I did have sunscreen on....enough for an hour..I didn't finish my yard work for three more hours after that:shock:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Vera, those are amazing! I like that each one is different and yet there is symmetry in the total. And all can be easily hidden - like a gift waiting to be discovered. Thank you for showing us.

crewsk

I love tattoos, each one has a different meaning for the person they are on. I have a treble cleff with a rose running through it on my right hip. I really want more though. I would really like to have my wedding ring done. I'll have to see if I can crop a pic to show the one I have.

Derek

Banned
Vera, Did the rose hurt? Since it's more tender in that spot I would imagine the pain was a little more then the too on your cafe.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Which rose?? There are about a dozen. The ab work and inner arm were the most painful.

smoke king

Banned
:applause:Very nice Vera-thanks for sharing!!

BTW, I have pictures of mine, and Mrs SK emailed them to my computer, now I just have to figure out how to get them from my email to here!

My Picture posting misadventures are well documented here.....:bonk:

buckytom

Grill Master
No fair, Robsan! You can't just leave us hanging - what is it??? (And where is it?:whistling:)

i heard it was the name wendy, on his unit. (an old joke)

and luvs, very cool. :a1:

i'm still thinking of getting my buddy ozzy's tatt of his name on my arm somewhere. he used to have a thorny green vine running around his right biceps, with his name intertwined in it. i hope to find someone at his memorial that has a picture of it, so i can copy it.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
i heard it was the name wendy, on his unit. (an old joke)

and luvs, very cool. :a1:

i'm still thinking of getting my buddy ozzy's tatt of his name on my arm somewhere. he used to have a thorny green vine running around his right biceps, with his name intertwined in it. i hope to find someone at his memorial that has a picture of it, so i can copy it.
:yum::yum: I know that joke, I think.

I think the idea of a tatt in honor of Ozzy is very fitting. If you go to the right artist, the act of getting it can be quite spiritual. I witnessed a friend getting one for similar reasons and it was remarkably like a religious service.