Sunday Special - Either / Or

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday Special - Either / Or

1. Some characters in literature have disabilities bestowed upon them by their creators. What famous character was kyphotic?

a. - Don Quixote

b. - Quasimodo

2. Who founded the first American 5 & 10 cent store?

a. - F.W. Woolworth

b. - W.T. Grant

3. Which American board game was invented in 1860 and revived in 1960 ?

a. - the Game of Life

b. - Monopoly

4. What soft drink began in Morrison's drug Store in Wako, Texas, in 1885?

a. - Coca-Cola

b. - Dr. Pepper

5. In 2017, scientists in Toronto discovered a new species of dinosaur that they named Zuul, the "Gatekeeper", a dog-like demi-god that served Gozer in what film?

a. - Ghostbusters

b. - The Watcher

6. F1 Grand Prix. At the podium presentation, what do the top three drivers usually spray on each other after the race?

a. - Milk

b. - Champagne

7. Which guest vocalist sang the introduction of 'I want my MTV'?

a. - Bob Geldof

b. - Sting

8. In what year did the Dow Jones Industrial Average close above 1,000 for the first time?

a. - 1972

b. - 1976

9. In the final voting results for the 2016 United States presidential election, which candidate was highest in the popular vote?

a. - Donald Trump

b. - Hillary Clinton

10. What was the name of the first American satellite to reach orbit?

a. - Vanguard

b. - Ranger

11. How many times did the Confederates beat the Northern troops at Manassas, otherwise known as Bull Run?

a. - 1

b. - 2

12. Hibernation is when the animal sleeps throughout the winter. What is it called when the animal sleeps during the summer?

a. - Estivation

b. - No animals sleep throughout the summer 13. What are Aconcagua, Denali, Elbrus, Everest, Kilimanjaro, Puncak Jaya, and Vinson known for?

a. - The seven hills of Rome

b. - The highest mountains of each continent 14. The Russian Bolshevik revolution, led by Lenin, occurred in ...

a. - 1907

b. - 1917

15. What color balls were used at Wimbledon before yellow ones replaced them?

a. - White

b. - Fuchsia

1. - b

2. - a

3. - a

4. - b

5. - a

6. - b

7. - b

8. - a

9. - b

10. - b

11. - b

12. - a

13. - b

14. - b

15. - a

LastManStanding

I knew 6, 13, and 14.
There's an exceptional case in an F1 race that's held in Saudi Arabia or somewhere I heard. There they celebrate with rose water or something at the podium. (Definitely champagne at the hotel. haha)
We learned about Lenin at school. Also I read extensively about the Russian revolution when I was reading the Animal Farm. It's one of my favourite books even today. :D