St Patrick's Day

LADawg

St Patrick’s day is just around the corner, and I was wondering what everyone is going to cook. Me? I’ll do the standard Corned Beef, Cabbage, and small Red Potatoes.
I will cook the Corned Beef a day or two before St Patrick’s Day in a crockpot for about 8 hours on low. I will wrap the Beef in foil and refrigerate it. I will save and refrigerate all the liquid that was used to cook the Brisket and use it to cook the Cabbage and Potatoes.
I will slice the Beef very thin and warm it up in a steaming basket over boiling water. GOOD stuff!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I always buy the Grobbel's Corned Beef with the little seasoning packet and cook it on very low for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, take the meat out, add cabbage wedges, and cook just until crisp tender. I like a little crunch left in my cabbage.

I really look forward to the sandwiches (sour dough bread, dijon, and a ton of meat :)) that follow:

3788858849_321a154a86_z.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Corned beef and cabbage for us too. Fran said she was going to try making it in a smallish crock pot she purchased recently.

Leni

Same here. I'll slow cook it overnight and then refrigerate it so it slices easier. It's one of my favorite sandwiches. I might even make home made bread.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
oops. i posted on another thread. there was traditional food, & alcohol. ham, potato, a plethora of stuff.

Attachments

• pixholiday1.jpg
    pixholiday1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 104
  • pix22014.jpg
    pix22014.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 107

Guts

When these corned beef packages go on sale just remember it's a good way to make your own pastrami. There are several recipes out there for doing this. I have one but they're just as easy to Google.

Happy St. Patrick's day to all

Leni

I bought one package and since they were on sale Tom bought two more which are now in the freezer.