Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter

Ingredients​

Instructions​

• Add broth, beans, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bay leaf to a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add the ham bone and submerge in broth. Cover and cook on HIGH until beans are tender, 6-8 hours.
  • Discard bay leaf. Remove ham bone and let sit until cool enough to handle. Once cool, dice any ham meat and stir it back into the soup.
  • Season soup with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Ingredients​

Instructions​

• Add broth, beans, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bay leaf to a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add the ham bone and submerge in broth. Cover and cook on HIGH until beans are tender, 6-8 hours.
  • Discard bay leaf. Remove ham bone and let sit until cool enough to handle. Once cool, dice any ham meat and stir it back into the soup.
  • Season soup with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.

Exactly how I make split pea soup, only with navy beans. Bet it's delicious!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
This is coming together quite nicely!
It's been in on high for 6 hrs.
The beans are smashable, so I'll leave it in a little while longer.

IMG_20240119_160012521.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wonderful! I never have two helpings, but I had to have a second ladle of this. Second time around was without the Frank's and it was even better! So good on a frigid night!

I gave half to Kathy and still have a ton left. Clean up was nothing since I used a liner.

Lee

Bean soup.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Wonderful! I never have two helpings, but I had to have a second ladle of this. Second time around was without the Frank's and it was even better! So good on a frigid night!

I gave half to Kathy and still have a ton left. Clean up was nothing since I used a liner.

Lee

View attachment 64037
Looks beautiful, Lee!
I have to say, I had a second helping myself lol