Slap Chop - I couldn't make myself use one

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Fork mashed. Still warm, too :wink:
I slice the eggs up with a fairly dull knife against my thumb, dropping the pieces into a tupperware container, add my stuff and then mash it up with a fork. I figure I've got to mix the ingredients anyway, so I might as well do it while making the eggs smaller.
I'll be making giblet gravy in a few days and that's when I had a problem before while slicing then chopping up the eggs with one of my Japanese knives on a cutting board. Looking forward to the cold water tip.
slap that on some wonder toast add about an inch of greens salt pepper and here the important part cut on the slant and i'm there!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have an Oxo chopper that looks just like that and it does the same things.

Didn't the slap guy get in trouble with the law not too long ago for slapping a hooker?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i have a pampered chef chopper that is almost the same and i love it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I would like to have that little cheese grater that comes with the Slap Chopper, but I want it alone.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, it also looks too cute and small! Can't seem to find anything that would be similar to it.

Wart

Banned
Didn't the slap guy get in trouble with the law not too long ago for slapping a hooker?

Thats the first thing I thought of when I read the title of the thread ... :lol: .. Aint using a Slap Chop because O'l Vince slapped a Hooker in the Chops?

Anyway ....

Wife brought a Kitchen Aid Chopper home a while back and I thought the same as many here, I'm a Man, I got Knives, why do I need this toy? Bah ...

Well, once or twice a year we make a bunch of cookies, to the extent that I make the dough and Wife takes the dough to the Club where 3 or 4 people spend 6~8 hours baking. Lots of these cookies have or use chopped nuts.

I found using the KA chopper in a 'process' I can make lots of chopped nuts in a very short time.

Plus I have found I can easily get the chopping close enough to just right. 8 hits, inspect, 2~4 more hits, dump, reload, go again.

I tried using a small food processor once, not as much control but whats worse is the food processor tended to create powder.

For this one function its worth keeping this chopper around.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Does the K'Aid Chopper look like THIS?

Attachments

• K'Aid Stick Blender With Accessories..jpg
    K'Aid Stick Blender With Accessories..jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 95