Show me your brussels sprouts recipes!

I'm a big fan of brussels sprouts. They are practically a staple here. For everyday cooking, I oven roast them with olive oil, s&p, lemon juice and/or slices of lemon or lemon pepper. If you want to dress them up a bit, here are some ideas:

Oven roasted BS with chestnuts & bacon. (You could toss the sprouts in dijon mustard & drizzle with a little honey, if you like.)

Chopped in food processor or by hand, saute in butter, & simmer in heavy cream about 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. (Add cooked, crumbled bacon if you wish, but I keep it simple.)

Brussels sprouts pancakes. I serve with Tzatziki sauce and cherry tomatoes:

http://www.stephencooks.com/2005/11/brussels_sprout_3.html

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I love to add brussels sprouts to potato soup as well.
Don't do it very often, but when I do, I like to cut them in half first, then allow them to fall apart a bit as the soup simmers.
For some reason, when I add sprouts to tater soup, a little bacon always finds it's way in there too!

buckytom

Grill Master
I just like em steamed, with salt and pepper and a little rice wine vinegar drizzled over the top. That was the way I was introduced to BS in the late 80s and I still make them the same way. I should try making them a new way. :bonk:

that sounds really good!! thanks lefty. gonna try this.

i've always had mine just steamed, s&p, and butter.

cool pic, fry. i remember my fil growing a few huge stalks like that. and your right about pests unless you constantly spray, much like broccoli. my fil's had a ton of blue-ish aphids on them.

homecook

I'll have to try that in my potato soup Sass.......sounds interesting.

I grow brussel sprouts every year, because of all the rain this year they didn't fair too well. I only got a few dinners worth. I love the little sweet ones. Usually I'm still picking them.

I guess I've been lucky, I don't use pesticides and I've never had a problem with the buggies nor on my broccoli. lol

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I make them like my grandma used to, steamed then a spoonful of bacon grease melted on the top just before serving. Mmmmmm, now THAT'S a comfort memory :biggrin:

My pleasure. Check on them from time to time. If they get too brown too quickly, you can always turn the temp down. My oven is about 10 years old (or more), so I wing it.

chowhound

Will do, CC.

BTW, I just finished dinner and good recipe, Joe. Just a mild cabbage taste, which I enjoy now as opposed to 40 years ago. Very simple and quick.