Seriously Considering Getting a Bosch Universal Stand Mixer!!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Shermie you can say anything or think anything you wish.

personally, "blogs" that are overtly selling their "reviewed" products are not a source I would remotely think about "trusting"

I can build you a mixer with paper gears powered by a single AA battery that will knead 20 cups of flour dough and break any bone in your body.
it is a simple matter of mechanical advantage.

just because it's "on the Internet" does not make it true.

and when you see the same raves and hyperbole on multiple sites selling the stuff, that is a clear indication the "blog" is not a "blog" - it's an advertising and income site - using the same word for word "resounding reviews" as written by the marketeers - because the blogger likely does not own one, has never used one, is too lazy to do anything other than copy&paste, except for the effort to "cash the check"

Shermie

Site Supporter
Shermie you can say anything or think anything you wish.

personally, "blogs" that are overtly selling their "reviewed" products are not a source I would remotely think about "trusting"

I can build you a mixer with paper gears powered by a single AA battery that will knead 20 cups of flour dough and break any bone in your body.
it is a simple matter of mechanical advantage.

just because it's "on the Internet" does not make it true.

and when you see the same raves and hyperbole on multiple sites selling the stuff, that is a clear indication the "blog" is not a "blog" - it's an advertising and income site - using the same word for word "resounding reviews" as written by the marketeers - because the blogger likely does not own one, has never used one, is too lazy to do anything other than copy&paste, except for the effort to "cash the check"

Thanks.

But I don't depend on blogs for my info.

It is usually the websites that sell them and the website of the company that makes the product.

Bosch mixers are not sold in stores that I know of, where you can just go there and see the unit in person and ask questions about it.

I'm going on JoeV's recommendation of the machine. Plus, I've actually seen the machine in action earlier this year at the New England Home Show in Boston, and it performed very well.

So I HAVE seen first hand what the unit is capable of doing. I've tried most brands over the years, but now I want to give the Bosch Universal a whirl and find out for myself. Also, it has a very substantial warranty period over most brands. That also tells me that the unit has to be worth looking into. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>But I don't depend on blogs for my info.
this is very unclear from your citations.

>>It is usually the websites that sell them and the website of the company that makes the product.
what the blinkers does that translate to in English?

if I'm not mistaken, you drive around in your own web site.
do you have click here to buy it links where you get a cut?

you may not wish to believe it, but there are people aka "bloggers" who do actually nothing but hawk products for a commission.

go to the ashleemarie and find me a page that does not contain a commissioned link.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm a very careful consumer when it comes to buying consumer products & or services.

This is why I'm doing extensive research on this product & others when it comes to purchasing things. I've done that with everything that I bought. I've been quite successful with this practice. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>This is why I'm doing extensive research on this product

the only extensive research other than JoeV you have cited is blog sites selling the product they rant and rave over.

Shermie

Site Supporter
That is not true. I had the chance to get it sometime ago, because I've attended live demonstrations of the machine.

What is it to you though? If I want to get one, which I eventually will, what is it to you?

Blogs are not selling the product. They are only giving their thoughts and views on it. I never buy anything from a blog.

But I'm getting one, regardless. What's the big deal? If you wanted to go out and get a KA mixer, knowing it's shady reputation, I couldn't really stop you from doing it. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce: :bonk:

Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>Blogs are not selling the product.
well, that certainly explains the click here to buy links.

>>Bosch mixers have a very reliable performance record / reputation for being the finest machines produced.
do you want to know that the current new gearbox design has been in production for less than four years?

buy whatever makes you happy. but you can expect I will not accept marketing/sales blogs as any reliable source of reviews about any products.

Moxie

All of the major INDEPENDANT testing organizations rate the Breville and the Kitchen Aid at the top. The Bosch,with its plastic bowl and parts fall somewhere halfway down the list. ChowderMan knows of what he speaks. The blogs you are quoting are NOT independent. They are getting paid for their endorsements

JoeV has valuable input, but he's abit of a lone wolf. C M is suggesting that you learn to separate the wheat from the chaff on the internet. He's trying to teach you something. listen to him.

Shermie

Site Supporter
How many times do I have to try to tell you guys that my research is NOT soley dependent upon blogs for info? Hmm?

I know what I'm doing. I don't want another KA mixer, especially none of the larger ones, mainly because the co is not making them reliable or dependable like they used to be. You both know that already. Yes, I've also looked into possibly getting a Breville machine.

The fact is, I don't want another KA-style mixer. There are tons of brands out there. Let me be me. I've never seen or gotten so much flack over my decision to lean towards getting the Bosh mixer.

It's a free world. Let me do me, please. I've been buying and using stand mixers over the years since the early '70s, over 40 years ago, and I DO know a thing or two about quality. my KA K-45SS has lasted for almost 30 years, since '86. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it. This is not something that I'm just getting into.

Have you also forgotten that I mentioned seeing a live demonstration of the Bosch Mixer? Guess you did. :applause:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'll be getting the Bosch Universal Mixer next month as a belated Christmas gift to myself. Too many things that I had to do. :weber:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just found out that BB&B is bloody out of stock on the Bosch Universal Mixer system wide!! Even their own website!!

Saw some refurbished ones the manufacturer's website running for $329. Same warranty length, same accessories that come with it.

Considering getting one from there. Elsewhere, it is $400 & up!! Some places close to $500!! The machine is not being sold in stores at all!

Other brands are either too astronomically expensive - costing close to a whopping $1,000 or more, or are too cheap & flimsily made with no quality at all!! That's sad! So sad! :sad: :yuk:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Not to reopen a long discussion, but, is there some reason stock is dried up? New model coming out, high demand maybe a problem? It would be good to know.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Not to reopen a long discussion, but, is there some reason stock is dried up? New model coming out, high demand maybe a problem? It would be good to know.

They gave no reason why the machine has suddenly become so unavailable there. But I'm suspecting that the machine probably is in such high demand.

It might have sold like hotcakes during the holiday season - I'm guessing that. Also, there is no mention of a new model coming out. You'd think that the co's website would mention that, but it didn't.

Maybe there are a lot of consumers like me, looking for a mixer that is very popular & extremely reliable & dependable. And I didn't hear anything about recalls. :ohmy: :bounce: