• 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk I used 2% but whole or non fat would be fine
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar, white or apple cider
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
  • 2 green onions, chopped

Instructions​

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with non stick spray.
  • Wrap grated zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze until some of the liquid releases. You don't need to completely dry it out. Just a tablespoon of liquid or so.
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar. The milk will curdle a bit. (you just made homemade buttermilk!) Mix in melted butter and egg.
  • Add milk mixture to dry mixture being careful not to over mix. (over mixing will make for a low rising bread).
  • Add grated zucchini, cheese and onions. Mixing lightly until just combined.
  • Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
  • If toothpick inserted comes out clean, bread is done! Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove carefully and cool on wire rack.

Notes​

To use buttermilk; Simply omit the milk and vinegar combination and replace with one cup of buttermilk.

Bread will keep 3 days at room temp, another day in the fridge and frozen up to 3 months.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Me too Lee.
I think I'll use buttermilk when I make this like the recipe states at the bottom.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Yes I could do that, Peeps - or hope they have the small cartons like I've seen before.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Never occurred to me to freeze buttermilk - great idea!

My grandmother used to put it over homefried potatoes when my mother and aunt were little.

Lee