Random Picture Thread - Part Deux

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh wow! That is AWESOME Karen! I so hope he/she makes it! I'm pulling for the little guy. Keep us posted please!! :clap:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh thanks for your encouraging words, Adillo and Keltin! We THINK he's a boy (he appears to have rudimentary testicles, but what do we know about opossums?). He's pretty frisky this evening - we just fed him and Jerry is sitting at his computer watching Countdown and cuddling him. (He's used to being in his mom's pouch, so he needs to be snuggled.) Keep your fingers crossed for this little cutie - thanks.

mhend

He is so sweet Karen!!! It's awesome that you guys have adopted him!

We are having a little cool snap this weekend and it's making me think of one of my favorite holidays: Halloween. I found these pics a few minutes ago. They are from 2 Halloween's ago. Jillian is Raggedy Ann and Perry is Indiana Jones! LOL!

Jillian halloween.jpg

Perry halloween.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Those are great pictures, mhend! You have such beautiful children. Those pictures will mean SO much to them someday...

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We had a real gullywasher that started about 5 this morning - lots of thunder and lightning, torrential rain. Our town is bisected by an arroyo (dry river bed) that gets pretty wet this time of year. Someone made the mistake of parking in the arroyo last night, and his car washed all the way down to the beach. Earlier this week, we had another night of heavy rain that washed out the bridge that connects us to Puerto Vallarta. No more Costco or Sam's Club for awhile. This IS our rainy season, but enough is enough!!!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Attachments

• washedaway2.jpg
    washedaway2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 44630_149182518436143_116733888347673_326151_2677045_n.jpg
    44630_149182518436143_116733888347673_326151_2677045_n.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 110

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Here is a quick update on Milo...we had a nice dinner tonight on the patio with guests, and Jerry ate his entire dinner with a opossum on his head. Milo loves Jerry's thick hair - it must remind him of being on his mama's back. Fortunately, we had guests who know us well and were not a bit put off by having a opossum at the table...

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 103

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here is a quick update on Milo...we had a nice dinner tonight on the patio with guests, and Jerry ate his entire dinner with a opossum on his head. Milo loves Jerry's thick hair - it must remind him of being on his mama's back. Fortunately, we had guests who know us well and were not a bit put off by having a opossum at the table...

That is flippin' awesome!!! Give Jerry a high five for me please!!!! :clap:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I just did, Keltin...I am so glad that I married a man who will eat dinner with a opossum on his head.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🩺
Gold Site Supporter
:yum::yum:
That is so precious Karen!!
You just made my night LOL!!

I think I love little Milo already. What a little cutie pie!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks everyone...Milo's quite a little guy. He sure has brought alot of smiles and joy to our lives already. Hope he keeps thriving.If the sources I found through Google are to be believed, it's tricky to raise an abandoned baby opossum. Oh well, we will apply ourselves.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh mhend, how big is this guy? I am actually fascinated by spiders, and we have some super duper big ones here.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
A new addition at my in-laws house: :shock:

View attachment 8225

Oh, great shot! I've seen those before out here. Flippin' HUGE!!

Not sure what they are....some kind of garden spider I think. I'm pretty sure they are harmless and are great bug catchers making them a welcome addition to most gardens.

But don't quote me on that! :yum:

Anyone know what this spider is?????

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh mhend, how big is this guy? I am actually fascinated by spiders, and we have some super duper big ones here.

The ones I've seen out here have a body about the size of your pinky or thumb. From rear leg tip to front leg tip, it's about 3 to 3.5 inches. Big boys for sure!

mhend

Thanks, Keltin. My MIL kept calling it a garden spider...I just heard "SPIDER" LOL! Karen, he was probably the size of a half dollar (legs and all). Plenty big enough for me. Needless to say, I used my zoom to get that shot. : ) His web was really incredible though!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Here is my favorite we have encountered here so far - he isn't actually a true spider, but he does have eight legs. With his legs, he is about 12-14 inches in diameter, and he was in our back yard. He is actually a tailless whip scorpion and he isn't venomous, but is considered good luck because he does eat the venomous scorpions. Those things on the front are pincers, which he has retracted in the picture.

Attachments

• July 27 2008A 002.jpg
    July 27 2008A 002.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 127

mhend

Here is my favorite we have encountered here so far - he isn't actually a true spider, but he does have eight legs. With his legs, he is about 12-14 inches in diameter, and he was in our back yard. He is actually a tailless whip scorpion and he isn't venomous, but is considered good luck because he does eat the venomous scorpions. Those things on the front are pincers, which he has retracted in the picture.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is fascinating and terrifying at the same time! :lol:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

:w00t:

Wow, that is so cool!!! I want one!!! :bounce:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou and I last night at Domenica's restaurant in the Roosevelt Hotel - a John Besh restaurant

September2010011.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
OMG, Vera - you guys look smashing! I love the hat. And the necklace. You are a woman of genuine and unique style. And Lou looks handsome and happy (might have something to do with your left hand). Oops. Am I going to get in trouble for saying that?

buckytom

Grill Master
introducing our new(ish) norwegian forest cat, mush.

img0644v.jpg

unfortunately, the cats like to shred the oriental folding wall behind their scratching post that hides their litter box. i guess it's time to get a new one, lol.

mush really likes to play catch with his tinsel balls

img0500a.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
He is a beautiful boy. I love orange and white cats, and used to have a Maine Coon cat that looked alot like Mush. Don't worry about the screen - you can have pets or you can have a perfect house, but you can't have both. Living in a perfect house would be lonely for us without Diego, Maggot, Negro, Millie, Lucky, Ray, Carl, Uno, Smudge and, of course, Milo.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Jerry came back from walking the dogs this afternoon, and this guy must have hitch-hiked back with him - he was clinging to Jerry's lower leg when he came in the gate. I'm amazed at how calm Jerry was! His body was about the size of my thumb! But if you look closely, he only has seven legs - he lost one soewhere along the way. Looks like a tarantula, though, doesn't it? We captured him and let him go in a field across the street.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 111