New Contest: Win $50

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you ready for a contest?

Would you like to win $50?

Would you like to see Net Cooking Talk Grow?

I've come up with a two-fer contest. There are two ways to earn points. The member with the most points at 11:59pm March 15th will be the winner.

Two ways to earn points:

1. By posting recipes. :thumb: All recipes posted since Feb 1st are eligible. All recipes are worth 1 point. For recipes to count as a point you must post them in a new thread. Posting in the middle of some other thread is harder to track and count, so start a new thread for each recipe you want credit for.
To keep track of your recipes just view all posts by your member account, and count the ones from Feb 1 to now.

2. By recruiting new members. Recruit a member and have them list you in the referrer field when signing up will get you 5 points.

If the person you referred posts 3 posts before the contest ends you get 5 additional points for that referral for a total of 10 points. If they post a total of 20 posts before the contest ends you get an additional 10 points. That is a potential of 20 points for one referral. :clap:

All referrals since Feb 1st count for this contest.

At the end of the contest each member who thinks they are in contention will post or PM their point count. Mods and myself will verify the point counts and announce the winners.
Mods are eligible to win this contest. No mod will verify their own point count. I will do that.

The member with the most combined points (recipes and referrals) will win $50 payable via paypal or via check.

I am counting on all of you participating in this for it to be a success. Please, join the fun and watch NCT grow. :D :thumb:

chowhound

You should give them an extra point if they post a pic that they took of the recipe they are posting..... :whistling:

:hide:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You should give them an extra point if they post a pic that they took of the recipe they are posting..... :whistling:

:hide:
Good thought, but we'll save that idea for another contest. That is harder for me to verify, so I did not consider that for this contest.

chowhound

Now you know that's not fair!!!!!!! :bangin: Especially with people (ME) that don't know how to post pics, yet.:)

Barb

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :glare:
Maybe you can get your daughter to show you how..... :whistling:

Just jokin', but for someone with my limited skills, I'm a lot more likely to make something if I can see what it's supposed to look like. Example, Jeeks' Marsala sauce. Up until now I always thought it was a red sauce, and I don't like red sauces on meat unless we're talking meatballs. Now it is on my shortlist of things to make. Pictures add so much more to a recipe you haven't seen or tried before. I think the recipe should be worth one point and if accompanied with a pic, twenty! :ohmy:

:bonk:

BTW, Barb..... I know what pickled eggs look like, so I'm good to go on that one.
:yum:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I love your super site supporter admin sign, Doc. It is very cute. Contests are a fun idea. Best wishes to you.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to agree CH. A picture makes me much more likely to try it out. You got me thinking on it, but that will be depending on how this contest goes. I hope everyone will get into it and we all can have some fun.

I'll dig up a tutorial on how to post pics / photos in your posts. I'll add that to my list. :D

lilylove

Doc, I love all these contests! They are great!!! But I'm concerned that all the money is coming out of your pocket. That doesn't seem quite fair to you!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hey Doc, can we just “bump” our older recipes for credit. Perhaps bump it with a post of “For Contest Tracking”? It would save space and keep us from having two of every recipe. I joined on Feb 6, so I guess all of mine to this point count?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wait.....I may have misunderstood (it is Monday after all). Doc, do you want us to create a new thread and list links to all of our qualifying recipes. Like a table of contents of sorts. That sounds like the way to go. Then all we have to do is post more links to that thread as we create new recipes.

homecook

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :glare:
Maybe you can get your daughter to show you how..... :whistling:

Just jokin', but for someone with my limited skills, I'm a lot more likely to make something if I can see what it's supposed to look like. Example, Jeeks' Marsala sauce. Up until now I always thought it was a red sauce, and I don't like red sauces on meat unless we're talking meatballs. Now it is on my shortlist of things to make. Pictures add so much more to a recipe you haven't seen or tried before. I think the recipe should be worth one point and if accompanied with a pic, twenty! :ohmy:

:bonk:

BTW, Barb..... I know what pickled eggs look like, so I'm good to go on that one.
:yum:

If my daughter didn't live soooo far away she would be able to show me! :agree:I do agree that a picture is worth a thousand words......but with that being said. lol I also don't think the 1 and 20 points w/pic works.....:twak:

Are you sure you know what pickled eggs look like?????:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Barb

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No, that was not my intent at all. Seems like to much work to me ... but if any member wants to do that ...it does sound like a good idea. :idea:

I meant just start a new thread for each recipe. Then you can or myself or a mod can click on your user name and select find all posts by this user. It will be easy to see all posts made, the date, the thread title and the forum the thread is in. I would use that list to count the recipes.

Make sense?

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Doc, can we just “bump” our older recipes for credit. Perhaps bump it with a post of “For Contest Tracking”? It would save space and keep us from having two of every recipe. I joined on Feb 6, so I guess all of mine to this point count?

I had to draw the line somewhere, and definetly do not want two of every recipe posted before Feb 1st.
Duplicate recipes do not get you points.
This is for new recipes only. All new recipes posted after Feb 1st count.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
No, that was not my intent at all. Seems like to much work to me ... but if any member wants to do that ...it does sound like a good idea. :idea:

I meant just start a new thread for each recipe. Then you can or myself or a mod can click on your user name and select find all posts by this user. It will be easy to see all posts made, the date, the thread title and the forum the thread is in. I would use that list to count the recipes.

Make sense?

Ok, I see. You and the Mods will just find all posts by user, and then count the recipes yourself. Cool.

But, I don't have many yet, so I made this thread for tracking.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilylove

or is he talking about the one... where some one has to get the two green boxes for having the most karma?

No one has won that one yet but I think Sattie is still in the lead!!

chowhound

That's the one, Trish.
I guess I ASSumed with the new contest underway that someone won the last one.
No wonder I didn't hear about it (lol)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, I have been giving out as much karma every day as I seem allowed. It is fun to do!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
or is he talking about the one... where some one has to get the two green boxes for having the most karma?

No one has won that one yet but I think Sattie is still in the lead!!

That's the one, Trish.
I guess I ASSumed with the new contest underway that someone won the last one.
No wonder I didn't hear about it (lol)

:yum::yum:Nope not yet... at least noones told me... but... (isn't lily always the last to know?? ):yum:

I talked to Doc earlier and he's decided to close the green box contest for now. It''s just a little too hard to attain in a reasonable time. We'll start it again soon so keep awarding karma!

Jim

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well, if the green box contest is closed then I guess there is no need for me to figure out how to steal all of Satties Karma now!!!

Bummer dude...

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
If my daughter didn't live soooo far away she would be able to show me!

FYI, Doughy Joey knows how to post pics, and he just lives around the corner. You can become a picture posting maniac in a very short time.
(Maybe this will get that little girl out East to come visit her Mama. :yum:)