My brother…

Johnny West

My aunt posted this picture of Michael and me at their 50th Wedding Anniversary back in 2014. It was a fond memory….

IMG_0208.jpeg

Johnny West

While Nancy was making dinner I went to Sport Clips for hair cut and Jim texted that Mickey sleeps all the time, quit eating, and quit taking his meds. The hospice nurse thinks a day or two.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
While Nancy was making dinner I went to Sport Clips for hair cut and Jim texted that Mickey sleeps all the time, quit eating, and quit taking his meds. The hospice nurse thinks a day or two.

From what you've been telling us, it seems as if Mickey has been ready for some time. Hope he's not in any pain.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
John, hopefully he's still taking an Ativan/and or Morphine combo when he needs it to the end.
Normally with hospice care, we discontinue all "life sustaining" medications.

Be strong, as you know - losing a sibling is a whole different kind of hurt.

Johnny West

It’s been a stressful two days. Yesterday Jim text that he felt the time was near. I’ve been in a state of meditation and prayer and yet he holds on. He was always a fighter with all his health problems and though I know he’s wanted to die, his body keeps fighting.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It’s been a stressful two days. Yesterday Jim text that he felt the time was near. I’ve been in a state of meditation and prayer and yet he holds on. He was always a fighter with all his health problems and though I know he’s wanted to die, his body keeps fighting.
This is the worst of it, John, as I'm sure you know. When he gets to the other side, it will be better for both of you.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So tough.
My wife is going through a similar ordeal with her sister.
She has been in ICU the past 20 days. Crons and pnemonia and more I don't need to go into here. Whatever she swallows is going into her lungs. She has been on life support two times during this ordeal and that hurt her swallow reflex so she is being fed via a tube through her nose to her stomach. Food water and meds all through the tube.
Last night she tore the tube off, for the 2nd time. She would not let it be put back in today. They think they got her to agree to let them put it back in the morning. Time will tell. Horrible it's just day to day. A nightmare much like yours.
Like Mark said Hugs and stay strong. So much easier said than done.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
So tough.
My wife is going through a similar ordeal with her sister.
She has been in ICU the past 20 days. Crons and pnemonia and more I don't need to go into here. Whatever she swallows is going into her lungs. She has been on life support two times during this ordeal and that hurt her swallow reflex so she is being fed via a tube through her nose to her stomach. Food water and meds all through the tube.
Last night she tore the tube off, for the 2nd time. She would not let it be put back in today. They think they got her to agree to let them put it back in the morning. Time will tell. Horrible it's just day to day. A nightmare much like yours.
Like Mark said Hugs and stay strong. So much easier said than done.
(((Hugs))) 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Johnny West

My brother, Micheal, passed away at 0958 Midwest time this morning. What is strange is I felt the need to go to 0800 service rather than the 1000 I normally go to so he passed right after I sat down.

This is the picture of him ( and Emmett) that will be used on easel for his funeral.

IMG_1112.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Eternal rest, Michael ✨❤️
No more pain, on the other side wrapped in heavenly comfort and love.
I'm sorry John.
You have a ton of memories to sustain and comfort you, until you see him again.
😊

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hugs to you, John, and my wishes for peace for you and your family.

There was something extraordinary that you felt this morning when you went to the early service. I hesitate to use the word "supernatural", since it connotes various things to people, but it might be the accurate word.

That is a wonderful photo of your brother - he looks as if he had an amused twinkle in his eye!

Peace.

Lee

Johnny West

He had a fantastic mind, and family historian, which I’m afraid a lot is lost to history.

there is no obit yet but it will be posted here soon.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Some of us have lost younger siblings, and knowing it's happening doesn't make the pain any less. I wish you find comfort and cherish the memories. If there are any regrets, put them in the past.
What you said Sage.
I was shocked when my younger sister and niece died in the car crash. No preparation for that.
Same with Steve. Had no idea it would happen.
I was prepared for both my Father and Mother's deaths, most certainly my sister Julie with her battle with cancer.
I have no regrets at all looking back except for little things I wish I had said and done.
I think we all go through that.
Those thoughts linger to this day.

I hope you are getting your head around it all, John with strength 💟💪.
Life is brief. That's the lesson learned, more and more as we age .