Movies You Watched

Carolina Cooking

Boring TV last saturday, I came across this movie on Hallmark.

I don't know what I was doing in 2007 that I missed this flick.

August Rush.. :applause:

I had to go online & find out who the 2 cuties where. Haven't seen them before or since? Good movie tho..

mhend

Boring TV last saturday, I came across this movie on Hallmark.

I don't know what I was doing in 2007 that I missed this flick.

August Rush.. :applause:

I had to go online & find out who the 2 cuties where. Haven't seen them before or since? Good movie tho..

Oh I want to see that. It's one of those where every time I hear of it or see a clip from it I remind myself that I need to watch it, then forget about it again. LOL.

It's about the musician's right, and the little boy?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Watched Limitless last night. Pretty darn good! It's one of those that just drags you in and holds on tight. Might have to watch it again tonight! :thumb:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🩺
Gold Site Supporter
I watched a bit of "Picnic" from the desk at work last night.
Dang, William Holden was hot when he was young.. LOL

mhend

I watched two movies last night. Winter's Bone and No Strings Attached.

Winter's Bone was very good, but No Strings Attached - not so much. :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Putting Unknown with Liam Neeson in right now. I love him, so I expect this to be good. I hope so anyway! :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Unknown is AWESOME! A must see, especially if you're a Liam Neeson fan. Full of twists, turns, and "WHAT?!?!" moments! Very good.

Guts

these two movies are kind of out there. I guess what I want to say is different. Definitely not for kids. Rated R I thought they were both very good.

Both available on Netflix streaming.

[FONT=&quot]Black Snake Moan
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2007 R 115 minutes [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In writer-director Craig Brewer's Southern-fried drama, which draws unexpected inspiration from the classic novel Silas Marner, blues musician Lazarus (Samuel L. Jackson) finds sex-addicted Rae (Christina Ricci) beaten and near death, and acts as a father figure to help redeem her. But before saving anyone else, Lazarus -- whose wife deserted him -- must face his own demons. Pop star Justin Timberlake co-stars. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cast:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Samuel L. Jackson[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Christina Ricci, Justin Timberlake[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Punch[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2002 R 89 minutes [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A pretty yet troubled teenaged girl named Ariel (Sonja Bennett) finds an outlet for her explosive temper and misguided anger through the sport of boxing in this riveting story of rage and redemption in the hard-boiled (and hard-punching) tradition of Girlfight. Co-stars Michael Riley and Vincent Gale. This gritty story is a real jab to the solar plexus! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cast:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Michael Riley[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Sonja Bennett, Meredith McGeachie, Marcia Laskowski[/FONT]

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW & I watched Inception tonight.

Honestly, I couldn't dream up a more unusual film. lolololol

The video and audio were outstanding. Inception is a home theater showpiece.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
DW & I watched Inception tonight.

Honestly, I couldn't dream up a more unusual film. lolololol

The video and audio were outstanding. Inception is a home theater showpiece.

I would have liked it better had it been about 45 minutes shorter!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've actually gone to watching some old westerns mainly the Lonesome Dove series with was Dead Man's Walk, Lonesome Dove and Streets of Laredo. I also watched a few others though mostly only those known to be period correct which includes the latest True Grit. I'm mostly looking at these to get the clothing, holsters etc from 1876 to 1899. Kind of a research which is also based on actual photographs and western history.

A-Now, my favorite 2D movie. Yes! One of the few movies I actually bought (I'm not a collector).

One of my favorite movies. I used to collect classics years ago. I had an entire "library", but over time the tape disintegrates. (We used to store many of the old clips & trailers in a trailer on the back lot - but things change over time. AFI, prob has all the footage/films now.) Unfortunately, the really great movies are rarely or never aired. (As I understood it, Ted Turner owned/or owns the rights.)

Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
One of my favorite movies. I used to collect classics years ago. I had an entire "library", but over time the tape disintegrates. (We used to store many of the iold clips & trailers in a trailer on the back lott - but things change over time. AFI, prob has all the footage now.) Unfortunately, the really great movies are rarely or never aired. (As I understood it, Ted Turner owned/or owns the rights.)

There was a time when I had several VHS tape movies but my how times have changed. My very small collection today consists of a few left over DVDs and some really showoff Blu-Ray discs. 1080p resolution on a professionally calibrated HDTV will pop your eyeballs in amazement, and the new HD sound formats only available on Blu-Ray in conjunction with a good home theater 5.1 or 7.1 sound system will make you wonder where you've been all these years. It's that good.

I'm sure it's a far cry from viewing 16mm footage. lol. We buried it in a time capsule for future generations. Now, if only, I could see Deer Hunter on AMC. Probably never gonna happen.

Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday is raceday - no movies

Attachments

• Gordon24.jpg
    Gordon24.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 111

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We have hundreds of movies. I used to work for a movie distributer (I was sales rep and sold to stores and libraries). We also bought whole stores stock libraries so I have many old movies on VHS in good shape in original first generation boxes and clam shell cases/original box art.

Deer Hunter was on AMC not to long ago, within the last couple months.

We have hundreds of movies. I used to work for a movie distributer (I was sales rep and sold to stores and libraries). We also bought whole stores stock libraries so I have many old movies on VHS in good shape in original first generation boxes and clam shell cases/original box art.

Deer Hunter was on AMC not to long ago, within the last couple months.

Back when I had my film library, I would set the VCR (or sit & edit out all the commercials). Sometimes I could get 2-3 movies on one cassette. I had boxes of cassettes I kept in a closet. Unfortunately, I was living in an older home, w/ no central air. The Summer's were almost unbearable, even when I had two window air condtioners going almost 24 hours a day. Over time, the quality wasn't the same, so into the dumpster they went. Climate control probably had something to do w/ the quality.

Sorry I missed Deer Hunter. Maybe I'll get lucky & catch it again. AMC, pretty much airs the same movies over & over again. I don't watch it very often. It was an unexpected surprise when I happened to catch Apocalypse now. I've had my fill for awhile.

Oh, some of the scenes w/ Brando seemed new to me, but it's been a long time since I saw the original.