Movies You Watched

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I just watched Transsiberian. Although it was a tad slow the first forty-five minutes or so it just kept getting better and better after that. Good flick if you can handle the nasty torture scene.

Guts

I watched "Paranormal Activity"

It is streaming on Netflix. Hold on to your seat at the end.:evil:

When Katie and Micah fear their San Diego, Calif., home may be haunted by a demonic presence, Micah sets up a video camera to document all the jaw-dropping, hair-raising action over a series of several nights in fall 2006. The paranormal occurrences increase in frequency and significance, leaving Katie more and more distraught -- and determined to put an end to the terror.

mhend

LOL @ Lee - I've been wanting to watch that too. It's one I'll have to watch alone since DH can't tolerate anything with Julia Roberts. Now I'm not so sure I want to see it - I thought eating was a big part of it too! :)

Food - Glad to hear 127 hours was a good flick. I'm excited about this one. May try to catch it Sunday with a girlfriend of mine.

FooD

I loved Trans Siberian. Paranormal was so creepy...good film though.

We just had ribs for dinner and we're watching 127 Hours again. Such a good film.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Grabbed and burned Paranormal Activity a few months ago. Found it lame as I HATE those Blair Witch Cam Corder type movies. Crappy cinematography and so gimmicky. It's hard for me to get into a film if the stock sucks.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Been reading Homer's Odyssey of late, so tonight I grabbed The Odyssey with Armand Assante from 97. Great flick.

FooD

127 Hours was good, again. We put it on again because we had a couple of people come over who wanted to see it.
We also ended up watching Secretariat, immediately following. Good film.

mhend

I love his movies too. His 1996 movie, Crash, is in my top movie list. That is an awesome film.

Oh yea! Crash is another favorite. I loved Sex, Lies and Videotape too. And White Palace, and Less Than Zero, and Stargate, and I could go on and on. :thumb:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
STARGATE!! KURT RUSSEL!! I like Michael Shanks as Daniel in the show better than Spader.

We went to see Narnia: Dawn Treader it was better than the last one.

mhend

I never have watched the tv version of Stargate. It's pretty good?

Watching Dan in Real Life right now. Such a good movie.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Not all of it, but the best part.. the ending to It's A Wonderful Life-

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k_Vsmqf6X8[/ame]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
"The Express", the story of Ernie Davis, first black football player to win the Heismann Trophy.

I loved it.

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Just watched Hard Candy.

Gulp!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-C2H4ipxz0&feature=related[/ame]

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Eat. Pray. Love.

I actually really liked this movie. Javier Bardem = awesome. LOL.

I almost picked this one up the other day. Now I have to see it.

It's Complicated - Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin

I thought it was really good, made me laugh. It's probably a chick flick :mrgreen:.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YoYjqf9llM[/ame]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Town. Good movie, with authentic Boston accents, unfortunately.

Listening to real Boston accents are as painful as listening to fake ones.

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
It's Complicated is definitely a 'chick flick', but for grown up chicks! Four of use 'women of a certain age' went together to see it, and we nearly rolled on the floor with laughter.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's Complicated is definitely a 'chick flick', but for grown up chicks! Four of use 'women of a certain age' went together to see it, and we nearly rolled on the floor with laughter.

Yeah, but I really wanted her to end up with the other one (don't want to wreck it for anyone).

Lee

FooD

We stay in all day on X'mas Day and watched 2 movies. Disney's Tangled and a brand new chick flick with Jack Nicholson & Reese Witherspoon, How Do You Know.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We stay in all day on X'mas Day and watched 2 movies. Disney's Tangled and a brand new chick flick with Jack Nicholson & Reese Witherspoon, How Do You Know.
Was either of them any good? How many stars would you give them?

I watched a couple of old ones today. Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf, with Elizibeth Taylor and Richard Burton. I had never seen it before. It was in Black and white, but rated 5 stars. There were a number of awards for both Taylor and Burton. What a movie. It is high strung and I was glad to see it end. It was very well done, but I'm still not sure what the message was (if there was one).

I also watched Airplane. Mindless Comedy. I could handle that. :D I had not see it for 20+ years so I got a few chuckles out of it.