Introduction thread for new members

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks as if we have several new members posting this past week - welcome, all!

Please tell us a bit about yourselves and your favoritethings to cook in this thread or subforum.

Looking forward to your sharing with us!

Lee

Reactions: Doc
ok I'll post first,
Gerard, born and raised in manchester uk, came to USA in 1969, apprenticed to a pastry chef ,Maurice Leduc, from Paris in his patisserie in Harvard Sq Boston. After 5 yrs I was gifted a set of sabatiers and started working around, I was surprised to discover the baking skills I took for granted as standard were unknown to almost everyone I worked with. So I went back and worked with Maurice again, he opened a very popular french restaurant ( Autre Chose) and stayed there for many years learning to cook.

10 years later I was the pastry chef at the meridien hotel in Boston, met a nice woman who said we should open out own pastry shop, we did and it was popular for 25 yrs, but she died, I sold it and bought a cafe and started catering corp lunches and weddings. After several yrs I sold it and worked around, ended up helping a chinese girl open a bakery cafe in Acton Ma, she had come to America as part of the CCP olympic team but stayed here. I retired after 4 yrs , it is doing well today (Legend Cafe).

I live up in northern Maine just south of Houlton, 700 people in this town, they don't know squat about food and that suits me.
Although I was trained in all aspects of French food, I'm definitely a fish and chips type of person.
Heres a pic of me as a skinny teen apprentice with Maurice.
and a short video of some of the stuff I did at various times.

Attachments

• me and mo.jpg
    me and mo.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good intro. Nice to meet you. Welcome to Net Cooking Talk.
Enjoy and post often.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great post, Gerard! What a resume!

The photos of your creations are spectacular!

Lee