How did you pick your avatar and user id?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
My user name is a play on my surnmae and size. I am 6'3" and over 300 pounds.

My avatar is my 2 boys some years ago when we were packing up the caravan (trailer in American) and they were "helping" by deflating the bed.

Okay, my turn I guess, specially since a few of you have asked. It is kinda complicated (like me) so I will just let you figure it out from all this:

- purple has always been my favourite colour
- L and P are my first and middle initials and one of my many nicknames
- Lydia is the name I always wanted to be called but my Mom wouldn't let me change it and when I was old enough I decided not to bother.
- I love the song "Lydia Purple" by the Collectors - kinda identify with it but I won't get into that
- Lydia was a seller of purple in the book of Acts and even though she is mentioned briefly, plays a key roll.

Sorry you asked?

My avatar is my furbabies, Joie (the little one) and Violet. They are peeking over the gate into the kitchen watching every move I make. At least it is for the moment, but by the time you read this it could be anything from a cake I decorated to a picture of our bathroom with a hazmat sign over it (those who know me will understand). I promise you that there will be NO Canadian flags in the shape of a heart here though.

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Okay, my turn I guess, specially since a few of you have asked. It is kinda complicated (like me) so I will just let you figure it out from all this:

- purple has always been my favourite colour
- L and P are my first and middle initials and one of my many nicknames
- Lydia is the name I always wanted to be called but my Mom wouldn't let me change it and when I was old enough I decided not to bother.
- I love the song "Lydia Purple" by the Collectors - kinda identify with it but I won't get into that
- Lydia was a seller of purple in the book of Acts and even though she is mentioned briefly, plays a key roll.

Sorry you asked?

My avatar is my furbabies, Joie (the little one) and Violet. They are peeking over the gate into the kitchen watching every move I make. At least it is for the moment, but by the time you read this it could be anything from a cake I decorated to a picture of our bathroom with a hazmat sign over it (those who know me will understand). I promise you that there will be NO Canadian flags in the shape of a heart here though.

Great! Now what am I going to throw all these pucks at??:confused:

:hide:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
One day at a place I worked at many years ago we had some customers in from Taiwan. They were showing these nice folks around the office when they came to mine. The boss started explaining to them what Rob does and how he's working on their project. When he finished the interpreter started repeating it in their native language and it sounded like "bluh bluh bluh... Rob San ... bluh bluh bluh..."

Well I told this story to the guys in the manufacturing department, and they found it to be utterly hilarious, and the nickname stuck. I eventually added X to the end to make it a unique identifier on the internet, and that's been my handle ever since...

I don't remember how I came across this picture, but I just remember LOL'ing for about a half an hour after seeing it...

nooneissafeqa0.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG, Rob!! LOL! That picture is wicked disturbing when it's big like that!

LOL!

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Having been conceived in Buzzards Bay, MA, I was born with the nickname Buzz.

Buzzard was my flight call sign while flying Marine Corps A6 Intruders in Nam. The bad guys hated to hear me coming because they knew I had 28 presents for them, each weighing 500 pounds.

A6bombload.jpg

Boeing 767s were the planes I flew my last 11 years before retiring. I mostly flew O'Hare to various points in Europe.

AA767.jpg

Buzz

Snoopy.jpg

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
first off my name is the name of my bbq catering/comp team.. Bam Bams BBQ - and my avatar is what it is..lol

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
my avatar is homer, with whom i identify a little too much.

meine namen are a combo of my nickname at work, bucky, and my real name, tom.

a very long time ago, my old boss needed a couple of big 750 meg hard drives moved from one room to another (they were the size of washing machines), so he said "get the young buck to do it". the name buck, or bucky, stuck.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Hey, it's nice to have everyone on the same page now....my user name is obvious: my name is Karen and I live in Mexico. My avatar(s) are details from my paintings. They'll change as I finish something new or I get tired of the one I'm using.