"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILBOPEEP"

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello Guys

Hi Kylie!

Welcome! Glad you've joined us!

Do you have some favorite things to cook or eat?

Lee

Jackofalltrades

Gidday

Gidday, my name is Jack.I live in outback Australia, and love a good yarn, and also good Grub so I hope you can steer me in the right direction. Have a bewd day maties:bbq:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Gidday

Welcome to NCT Jackofalltrades! You've come to the right place for lots of good grub and yarns!

We've gotten a bunch of Aussies the last couple of days. Do ya'll know each other or are we just coming up as the #1 cooking forum on Googles Down Under :lol:?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

We sure hope you are all legit people interested in cooking and in our little forum!

If so, we welcome you with open arms!

Lee

Hello

Hi everyone:flowers:

I'm from Australia and am looking forward to being on here.

I already jumped in on a few topics which made my mouth water before finding the Intro thread this morning.

Hi there Jackofalltrades

From what I have seen in some of the sections there certainly is some good grub. And best of all it comes from all around the world.

Hope to see more of you in here.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello

Welcome, Pie!

Enjoy the forum!

What are some of your favorite dishes?

Lee

Hi QSIS,thanks for the welcome mate.

I like most food in general but I do love pizza,pasta and fish the best.

Oh,I do love a Shepherds Pie too though it must have a brown,crunchy potato topping :thumb:

Jackofalltrades

Thanks for the welcome , love a good pie with dead horse meself mate. Oh are there more great Aussies on here must have a geezer then cobber. No worries . Just have to find me way around the joint :blush:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi, and welcome to net cooking talk.

Really, you like dead horse? I like live horses better myself.

enjoy and post often.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello Guys

Looks like the gangs all here. Hi and welcome to net cooking talk. I'm glad you found us.

Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Interesting. I never knew you did that down under. Learn something every day.

What do you think of Kangaroo meat? do you have a season where you can hunt them like we do deer season?

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Welcome Pie :wave:

It's nice to have people from other places who bring in different culinary points-of-view. I just assumed you were talking about eating horse meat, and I was thinking that I like dead cow :mrgreen:. It's not common to eat horse in the US, but I understand it's pretty common in other places.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Gidday mate. Welcome aboard. A looooooong time ago I spent a month in your lovely town of Nowra. Loved it, always wanted to go back.

Lol,thanks for the welcome guys,appreciate it very much.

I will clear this up but I do not eat horse meat at all. Dead horse is an Australian rhyming slang for "tomato Sauce". I actually just had a look at Urban Dictionary & some of the things it also means made me gasp with :shock:

As for eating kangaroo meat I'm not into it. I did try something from the shop one day and cooked it up but it was sort of rubbery? I think I possibly didn't cook it properly but I'm not tempted to try it again. Doc we really don't have a kangaroo season but I know there are roo shooters who came in every now and then to cull the kangaroo population down. The meat is used for human consumption as well as for our dogs. I buy a bit of Roo meat for my dogs and the occasional section of tail when I can.

sadie

Hi I'm back

I would just like to say "Hi" again to everyone after being gone for a year and a half. I got busy with work and family and just didn't make time for the internet. I can hardly believe it has been so long but time flies when you're busy living. I am looking forward to sharing and hopefully getting some great new recipes from you all. It's good to be back :wink: