What are you doing today?

Johnny West

This afternoon they had Maddie’s birthday party at Chuck E Cheese in Salt Lake City. It was a big turn out And invited kids could bring siblings. There was a tonne of food… Nancy made an Iowa Chocolate Cake and decorated it in the Mexican Embroidery motif.

IMG_5682.jpeg
IMG_5683.jpeg

LastManStanding

All are beautiful! I've never done any easter egg painting, or any other painting of the sort. But I have painted enormous signs for festivals when I was young. With the arrival of flex printing of large scale that tradition disappeared. I don't think I can draw like that now. lol.

LastManStanding

Hmm I missed this.
Why, were you bad? 🤔
I've deactivated mine a few times, because I get annoyed, then my family and friends get upset.
I've also been banned several times over political posts, and posts that I've wondered why did they do that?
It's to me, just another place on social media.
I post a lot some days, then I go for long stretches posting/not sharing anything at all.
It's funny what happened. One late evening I got a call from a friend (friend A) who introduced me to a not-so-close friend (friend B) of old times. However, surprisingly, he (friend B) asked for my phone number. I told him to get it from my friend (friend A) who introduced him.
The next morning I get a call from another guy (friend C) a guy who had been my classmate in grade 3! He says that he got my number from friend B. And says that he has organized a get together for friends who were together, and I was in too. I was there only for one year while others had been there the whole school life.
He kept on calling me about the get together, and said there's a fund collection for drinks etc too, and how much I could pay. I said I'll tell him later.
Then he published the phone numbers list on Whatsapp so everyone would see everyone's number. And proposed that everyone calls everyone to get to know each other after a long time.
The first day there were 59 personal messages to me, including photos of those who would attend. He had added me in his whatsapp group, and only in the first hour there were 189 messages.
Even as I am typing this the phone is getting messages to the group.
I disabled that SIM card on the phone. Now he can't call.
I know that the next will be the facebook. Imagine 100 trashing my facebook wall. I deactivated it too. I'll reactivate it after the 16th of April which he said is the day of the get together.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's funny what happened. One late evening I got a call from a friend (friend A) who introduced me to a not-so-close friend (friend B) of old times. However, surprisingly, he (friend B) asked for my phone number. I told him to get it from my friend (friend A) who introduced him.
The next morning I get a call from another guy (friend C) a guy who had been my classmate in grade 3! He says that he got my number from friend B. And says that he has organized a get together for friends who were together, and I was in too. I was there only for one year while others had been there the whole school life.
He kept on calling me about the get together, and said there's a fund collection for drinks etc too, and how much I could pay. I said I'll tell him later.
Then he published the phone numbers list on Whatsapp so everyone would see everyone's number. And proposed that everyone calls everyone to get to know each other after a long time.
The first day there were 59 personal messages to me, including photos of those who would attend. He had added me in his whatsapp group, and only in the first hour there were 189 messages.
I know that the next will be the facebook. Imagine 100 trashing my facebook wall. I deactivated it too. I'll reactivate it after the 16th of April which he said is the day of the get together.

Sheesh! Are you going to attend?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Holy cow, I can't say I blame you.

LastManStanding

While I would love to see some of them I don't think they would take me exactly as one of their own. I was with them just 1 year, and they've been together for 12 years. Also their discussions are of different subjects as I've seen on the group messages. Mainly religion and politics both are subjects I am not interested in. Besides, they've been in touch since school, and many of them are from the same area, which makes them much closer and known to eachother. They will talk to me, be very friendly, and be curious to know me, but soon will run out of subjects to talk on. Lol.
I will stay at home and work on my website. :D

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I spent most of the day running around.
Had to go pick up Maddie and Elaina from their school because Felicia got hung up at work (she's a manager at Ollie's Warehouse).
Stopped at Timmy Ho's for a coffee and brought home a donut, which I do not need.
I also got a big bottle of 100% raw honey.
The only thing that is helping this annoying, lingering cough I've had since my crummy bout with the flu.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
We had about 93% coverage (?). Weird light, but not as dark as yours.

Temp dropped like a rock!

Lee
Lee, it didn't get as dark as I thought it would really.
It was weird seeing the shadows cast on things differently.
It was packed down the street at Oakwood Park.
People started cheering at the moment of totality.
I did notice the temperature change and the birds!
As soon as darkness fell, the street lights came on and the birds fell silent.
As soon as it was over the birds started chattering like mad, as if to say What just happened???!!
😅

Johnny West

Today I went skeet shooting at McChord Sportsman’s Club. The excitement there was I was sitting on front porch and the Thunderbirds took off, three of which flew over the gun club, low altitude, turning and burning. I got a little excited…💕 Two KC 135’s and their C-130 support plane were right behind. Once the Thunderbirds formed up they did a pass over the air field and were gone.

I shot my usual low 20’s….

LastManStanding

April 14th is the New Year in Sri Lanka. It's the biggest festival in the country. I was planning to stay at one place and do some fine tuning to my website, and design a new ad. But a while ago I got news of a funeral from the village. She was my uncle's son's daughter. Died from a heart attack they said. She was not even 40 I think. None of my father's family has ever had died from a heart attack, blood pressure, diabetes, or any other such thing. This is a first. Anyway I'll be busy helping with the funeral work from tomorrow. Not out of obligation, I never do that out of obligation, but because she was a really sweet girl, helped a lot at my father's third month religious rituals etc., and always had a smile on her face.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I did my 4 mile round-trip walk across town and back since the weather is gorgeous.

Also called my ex- husband Wes to wish him an official happy retirement 💕 😄
Jeff had attended his surprise party at noon.
I said do you think I should call your Dad, or will Kay get annoyed?
He said omg Mother, call him!
I dood it.
Nice conversation. Man, I can really tell his Parkinson's is getting bad, by his voice. 😕

Johnny West

Today I went skeet shooting at McChord Sportsman’s Club. The excitement there was I was sitting on front porch and the Thunderbirds took off, three of which flew over the gun club, low altitude, turning and burning. I got a little excited…💕 Two KC 135’s and their C-130 support plane were right behind. Once the Thunderbirds formed up they did a pass over the air field and were gone.

I shot my usual low 20’s….
It wasn't the Thunderbirds - it was the Italian Air Force, Mirage jets, after a layover on their way to Red Flag.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to take my second long 🚶‍♀️in the glorious ☀️.
It's gorgeous here today, in the 70s.
Then I'm going to relax later and continue watching season 2 of the series I started.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to take my second long 🚶‍♀️in the glorious ☀️.
It's gorgeous here today, in the 70s.
Then I'm going to relax later and continue watching season 2 of the series I started.

What series?

Lee