The Pissed Off Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
i am now choosing to behave as the 30-year-old gal that i am, & i'm now gracefully removing myself from this conversation.

though, my 1 thought- respect.

;)
I shall add my own thoughts at this late hour.
Some people need to learn to keep their mouths shut and stop always trying to be right- pointing out what they think are wrongs in others posts, and just let members be members.
Life is waaaaaaay too short for that shite.
Vera had every right to state what she did, with her experience of a bad day, without it being taken under the microscope.
Peace, love and dill pickles!

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm tired of getting my head bitten off every morning at work, having to be responsible for the entire network while the three other people on the midnight shift sleep, and then having to justify why i stay in the morning for the extra abuse.

i just got an email from my new supervisor asking me to justify why i stay past my out time (it was cut back to 7am recently) on some mornings. often, there are problems that i have questions about, but the only person i can ask happens to be a supervisor who is incredibly smart, but unbelievably nasty. it sucks to have to grovel for answers and then get yelled at for not knowing enough. when i mention that i do all of this alone even though i should have help, he threatens to suggest to management to have half of the department fired.

but then the kicker is my main supv., the one who makes out my schedule, wants me to explain each time why i stay past my scheduled out time. do they want me to be motivated and continue to try to learn and be a useful midnight shift engineer? or should i bring in a blanket and pillow and join the other three night shift people off in dream land most of the night.

grrrrr. lazy people suck.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, if you ever bothered to take a look at the hundreds of pictures I've posted, you'll see that to compare Red Gravy to McDonalds is nothing more than a passive aggressive insult. True to your form, once again. When I have a line out the door, yes, my place is set for counter service. I use china, glass and silverware, menus on the tables, condiments in glass souffle cups...but at this point, I'm throwing pearls before swine.
I have never taken a tip in my restaurant, even when I make and serve a breakfast at 6:30 in the morning before any of my staff arrives. I put it in the tip jar for my staff to share amongst themselves. I wasn't disturbed because I wasn't tipped, I was disturbed because extra service was provided and no tip was left.

I posted on this thread because I believed it to be a place to vent your frustrations and then move on. I didn't expect you to get it, but I also didn't expect you to point out all the areas I was wrong, as if you could possibly have a clue about owning a restaurant or any aspect of my life, for that matter. Keltin, in the future, try to disregard me, please.

Mcdonalds, my ass.

RedGravy125CampStreet102.jpg

christmasNewOrleans099.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Let me first start off by saying that I really love this forum and all of the people here. What pisses me off is when people argue over petty shit because of pride.

Y'all may get pissed off at me for saying this, but I'll say it anyway. This is indeed a public forum which means that there are more people here than just the two of you.

Vera, you posted your vent. I totally agree. I've worked in the public sector and there are plenty of people who want something for nothing and have no idea what goes into pricing in a restaurant.

Keltin, you posted your opinion. I totally agree that that is how many people look at restaurant prices. I hope that you were just trying to explain why some people are the way they are and nothing more.

That should have been the end of it but BOTH of you have chosen to take it a step further and BOTH of you insist that you are going to have the "last word". Now, it's no longer about restaurant prices but about pride. My mama always said never get involved in an argument based in pride because NO ONE is gonna come out a winner so if the two of you want to continue this "no win" argument, please take it behind the scenes. The only thing that will be accomplished by continuing this argument in public will be to hurt this forum that we all have come to love.

Now, with all of that being said, I know it's early but would anyone care for some cornbread?

P3140550-2.jpg

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I went to family reunion once with a girl I was dating. It was a big affair with a band, several grills, the works. At a drink station, I was getting a couple of cokes, and I turned around and nearly bumped into a guy. I didn’t know him and said excuse me. He just stared at me. I said something to the effect that it was a great party and the weather was lovely. He just stared at me. I just shook my head and eased past him.

I caught up with my girlfriend and pointed the guy out. I told her what happened and then told her I thought that guy was a real asshole. Total jerk!

She explained to me he was deaf and was probably trying to read my lips.

CRAP!!! :w00t: :pat: :doh:

I felt THAT small.

Had she not explained why he acted the way he did, I would have gone through life to this day thinking he was an asshole. Sure. I could probably have held on to it and said well, being deaf as long as he has, by now he should be able to at least sign or wave or mumble something to let people know. But that would make ME the asshole wouldn’t it?

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
awww, man. i totally got ignored!

As did almost everyone else who posted in this thread over the last 2 days.

Personally, I appreciate all of the people who tried to help diffuse the tension between Vera and Keltin. And I appreciate those people who tried to change the subject.

So, it's time for this thread to move on to OTHER things that OTHER people are pissed off about.

Lee

Ronjohn

I'm pissed off that I rarely get pissed off enough to rise to the level about posting it here. :furious:

Rather than getting too pissed at my old PC, for example, I just killed the PC. That was Wednesday. Ordered a new one Thursday, went away for the holiday weekend, hooked the new one up on Monday. See, no reason to be pissed. New one is working great. :D

JackieBlue

Banned
I'm pissed off that I rarely get pissed off enough to rise to the level about posting it here. :furious:

Rather than getting too pissed at my old PC, for example, I just killed the PC. That was Wednesday. Ordered a new one Thursday, went away for the holiday weekend, hooked the new one up on Monday. See, no reason to be pissed. New one is working great. :D

:yum::thumb:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
;)
I shall add my own thoughts at this late hour.
Some people need to learn to keep their mouths shut and stop always trying to be right- pointing out what they think are wrongs in others posts, and just let members be members.
Life is waaaaaaay too short for that shite.
Vera had every right to state what she did, with her experience of a bad day, without it being taken under the microscope.
Peace, love and dill pickles!

I love dill pickles!!

Hey! I am self employed, I AM my supervisor. LOL

Hi Mama.
So do you take turns yelling at yourself? LOL XOXCOXO

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Hi peeps, no, I know my boss is a jerk, he doesn't pay me enough. I just want to fire me and go on unemployment. LOL

My last boss did just that. He laid himself off, then filed for unemployment. Then he booked all his "lost wages" as a loan to the company, and had me write him a check each month as payment on the "loan". Loan payments aren't taxable. Wages are. So he was making more money, non-taxable, laid off than he was employed.

If you can look yourself in the mirror, you should try it, Andy! :yum:

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I went to family reunion once with a girl I was dating. It was a big affair with a band, several grills, the works. At a drink station, I was getting a couple of cokes, and I turned around and nearly bumped into a guy. I didn’t know him and said excuse me. He just stared at me. I said something to the effect that it was a great party and the weather was lovely. He just stared at me. I just shook my head and eased past him.

I caught up with my girlfriend and pointed the guy out. I told her what happened and then told her I thought that guy was a real asshole. Total jerk!

She explained to me he was deaf and was probably trying to read my lips.

CRAP!!! :w00t: :pat: :doh:

I felt THAT small.

Had she not explained why he acted the way he did, I would have gone through life to this day thinking he was an asshole. Sure. I could probably have held on to it and said well, being deaf as long as he has, by now he should be able to at least sign or wave or mumble something to let people know. But that would make ME the asshole wouldn’t it?

WAT??

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I work 2 to 3 jobs (the third job is an optional consulting that I only do for “friends”). On a BASIC day, I work 8 AM to 6 PM, then come home and do the side work till 12 AM. When time allows, I do the 3rd job of consulting which I have 3 lined up to take care of as time allows. And honestly, I don’t need the money at this point. I just LOVE what I do. But damn, time is a factor.

Honestly, mine isn’t so bad. I can get it all fit in before midnight. BuckyTom is working way harder than that, and I don’t know how he does it! Bless him!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good point, K!

I work about 45 hours, and though I don't HATE my job, I'd much rather be retired.

It sucks the life out of me many days, but I'm glad to have it and glad I don't have to work late into the night, like some of you guys do!

Lee

mhend

I honestly don't know how you guys do it. I'm on duty around the clock with my kids, BUT I don't have deadlines, I don't have to deal with bad customers, and I don't have to work those insane hours. I have total respect for you guys that deal with that stuff everyday and somehow make it happen anyway.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
One of the best movies ever. Ghost Ship.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoXcV5uHMJ0[/ame]

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Just DON'T teach her EVERYTHING you know!! I did that when my boss hired his cousin and I got fired as soon as she thought she knew everything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.