Prayers for my sister please.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sadly my full attention has not been on the forums for the past week and a half. Here's why:

My younger sister is in the battle of her life. She was in ER last week. They found a mass on her liver, something was causing a blockage. The next day they did surgery going down through her throat and put a stent in her liver so the mass could dissipate. Enlarged lymph nodes (two) which they biopsied but the doctor said they do not appear to be cancerous. More accurately he said he'd be surprised if they were cancerous. .

This past Tuesday she was back to the ER. Feeling horrible and turning yellow. Yellow Jaundice. Her liver was bleeding. They checked the stent and it was in place as it should be. Further testing has shown she has pancreatic cancer. Sadly, often, this type of cancer has no symptoms until it spreads to other organs. Hers has spread to her liver. Just found this out yesterday. And that is the extent of what I know at this time.

What I do know is she could use lots of prayers. She is tough, she can beat this with the help of God and a lot of prayers.

LastManStanding

With you Doc. May she stay away from pain, and may it all start getting better this very moment.
I'll offer a lotus flower in her name at the sacred temple in Kandy.
Please keep us posted.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I sure wish I had good news to report.
Stephanie is out of the hospital and has septis (sp) infection. Needs a shot every 8 hours for 30 days. They also found she has a small brain aneurism, a clot in her heart chamber, pancreatic cancer and liver cancer. She was told the cancers probably stem from her having breast cancer 20 years ago.
The plan is to do chemo for the pancreatic cancer as it is where they cannot operate. She is getting a 2nd opinion on that.

As if that were not enough her husband was taken to the ER while she was in the hospital. He had another stroke. Could not walk. Was dehydrated, He does not understand much that they tell him. She said it's like ground hog day as they have to explain everything multiple times each day. He wants out of the hospital and gets angry that he has to be there. Tough situation.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I sure wish I had good news to report.
Stephanie is out of the hospital and has septis (sp) infection. Needs a shot every 8 hours for 30 days. They also found she has a small brain aneurism, a clot in her heart chamber, pancreatic cancer and liver cancer. She was told the cancers probably stem from her having breast cancer 20 years ago.
The plan is to do chemo for the pancreatic cancer as it is where they cannot operate. She is getting a 2nd opinion on that.

As if that were not enough her husband was taken to the ER while she was in the hospital. He had another stroke. Could not walk. Was dehydrated, He does not understand much that they tell him. She said it's like ground hog day as they have to explain everything multiple times each day. He wants out of the hospital and gets angry that he has to be there. Tough situation.
πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» for all ❀️

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Update on my sister.
Things have kept going downhill. She has had such a rough road to haul. She was released from the hospital before Christmas but ended up back in right after Christmas as the stent was blocked.
Released again then after the beginning of this year she was once again admitted. Abdominal pain. Stent was in place but they found cancer in multiple places in her abdomen. Plus she had an infection so they could not start chemo.
Monday they got results that the infection might be gone, to verify they were stopping the anti biotics.
Her abdominal pain was extreme. Pain meds caused her BP to drop and they were worried she was going to crash.
Family meeting and she decided not to fight the inevitable. She is on pain meds and being kept comfortable but that is it. She is fading fast. So sad.
More prayers for her peaceful passing would be appreciated.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you all!!!!!
Stephanie passed yesterday at 2:22pm surrounded by her husband, 3 children, a granddaughter, her twin brother, two sisters in law and me. We were able to visit with her a couple hours before she passed. Her eyes were shut and she had no facial expressions at all. Rough breathing.
Then right as she passed a small smile came on her face. As if my parents and brother were welcoming her home.

Here is a pic of her with her youngest daughter.

StephanieAndTraci.jpg

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lovely photo, Doc. Evidently, smiles on the faces of people in their last moments is common - my brother died with a smile. It is a very comforting thought that they are seeing, and being welcomed by, loved ones who have gone first.

I choose to believe it.

Lee