Fall-off-the-bone Slow Cooked Baby Back Ribs.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hi everyone!!

Summer is almost upon us once again, and that, to everyone, means cookuts, BBQ's and outdoor hot sunny summer fun with the kids, family & friends in the backyard of the house!!

You don't have to have an outdoor grill or smoker to get that authentic real down-home great BBQ taste in your favorite ribs. Your oven or your eletric slow cooker can suffice efficiently and very well. In fact, you can do this all year round if you want to!

Here's a way to get fool-proof ribs without a whole lot of work involved, and you don't have to parboil the meat at all;

4 half slabs babyback ribs.

1 cup of dry rub.

Few dashes of liquid smoke.

Sliced onions, green pepper and celery (optional, about 3/4 cup each).

1 cup water.

About 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.

Remove (pull off) memberane from undersides of slabs. It serves no purpose and removing it helps the dry rub to penetrate the meat on both sides much better.

Dash a few drops of liquid smoke onto both sides of the racks of meat and rub it in. Rub both sides of slabs with the dry rub until evenly coated. Place meat on a wire rack(s) in a covered roaster, roasting pan or a sheet pan. Sprinkle sliced veggies over slabs. Add the 1 cup of water to the bottom of pan. This help prevent any smoking of the fat that might collect at the bottom of pan(s). Cover tightly with foil. In the case of the roaster, cover it with the lid that came with it, but you can use foil if the lid is missing.

Place on rack in middle of oven or on the bottom rack in your large electric slow cooker. Cook on the oven or the slow cooker's lowest possible setting for 6 to 8 hours, or preferably overnight. Remove meat from oven the next morning.

You can either leave the meat dry with no BBQ sauce, or you can smear the sauce on the meat and let it reheat later for 30 minutes. I sometimes prefer to leave it dry and dip it in the sauce while eating it, too! Enjoy!

Doing the meat this way frees up the oven for other things like cakes and casseroles the next day, because the meat is done! I prefer the long slow cooking method over parboiling the meat because parboiling it make the flavor of the meat go all in the water.

You can also substitute spare ribs, beef ribs and Louisianna-style ribs, country-style ribs, or mix them up for variety. Cooking times may vary though, as meat from an older animal tends to be a bit more tougher which might require slightly longer cooking times.

Trust me, this is the most practical method for slow cooking ribs! You don't have to par-boil them, you don't have to marinate them overnight unless you want to, which I used to do, and you'll never have to worry about them burning or drying out at all! The water under the meat helps to keep it moist and flavorful. The meat just falls right off the bone. Delish!! Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

I'm a supreme fan of Bentley Green & Aaron McCargo Jr.!!