Beef Enchiladas

homecook

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
8-10 flour tortillas
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 4oz. can diced green chilis, drained
1-1/2 to 2 cups cheese (Monterey Jack, Mexican blend, cheddar, etc.)

Enchilada Sauce
2 T. oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 beef bouillon cube
1/2 cup hot water
2 (8oz.) cans tomato sauce
1-2 T. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
salt
1/2 cup cold water
1 T. cornstarch

In medium saucepan, heat oil and add onion and garlic, saute until soft. Dissolve the bouillon in hot water and add to onion/garlic mixture. Add tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt. Mix the cold water with the cornstarch and add to the tomato mixture. Simmer until slightly thickened. Stirring occasionally.

Brown the ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain. Add about 3/4 to 1 cup enchilada sauce. Add can of diced chilis. Heat through.

Cover bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish with enchilada sauce. Fill the tortilla with about 1/4 cup ground beef mixture. Roll up and place in baking dish. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over to cover all the rolls.

Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I also add a 4-oz. can of sliced olives.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 165

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
STOP!! No one will want to make them now, although they're worth it..........they were very good. Just don't eat them when you're pregnant. :smile:
:huh: ummmmmmmm what did i do? :shock: i think they look fantastic and i can't wait to make them. :chef:

homecook

Nothing Peeps!! Monte is just "trying" to be funny! :D

They are good. My son, sil, hubby, gks, and even Heather can vouch for them...........Oh, and me too!! I love em.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

They are good. My son, sil, hubby, gks, and even Heather can vouch for them...........Oh, and me too!! I love em.

If YOU made them and say they're good, that's good enough for me. I'm on this! :thumb:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

ok you got me what does GKS stand for? :unsure:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Barb, I noticed that the black olives are only on half. Do you have a picky eater in the house????? If so, here's for the picky one..:twak:

homecook

Barb, I noticed that the black olives are only on half. Do you have a picky eater in the house????? If so, here's for the picky one..:twak:

I agree!!! It's Heather!! :glare: Since it was her b-day celebration when I made them I had to accommodate her. What we won't do for our kids. :flowers:

Biskit

Yeah, but, if you'd have put extra black olives on the whole thing..............there'd be more for everybody else to eat!