Chocolate Covered Bacon

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I went there! :lol:

This is a surprisingly yummy treat. Salty and sweet at the same time with a hint of smoke. A dream snack if ever there was one!

Chocolate Covered Bacon

Ingredients

4-6 pieces thick sliced Bacon (center cut if you can find it)
1 bar (4 oz) Dark, semi-sweet chocolate, chopped

Procedure

Fry the bacon till done, about 8 or so minutes, and drain on paper towels.

In a double boiler, add the chocolate and melt.

Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir once. If using semi-sweet, then go ahead and add 1 tsp of white or brown sugar to sweeten it a bit if you like. Now dip a slice of bacon into the chocolate up to 3/4 of it’s length. You want to leave a “naked” bit of bacon to be your handle when holding and eating. Now lay on a rack to cool and harden.

Once you have dipped your bacon (and strawberries), add 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk SLOWLY to the melted chocolate. Whisk constantly until you get a fairly liquid consistency. Serve this chocolate sauce at the table with your meal. If you didn’t before, you’ll probably want to add 1/2 tsp of sugar to the mix as you make the sauce to sweeten it a bit….so go ahead!

Serve with your favorite meal. Breakfast is great, especially with chocolate covered strawberries. Champagne and OJ are up to your discretion.

Here is the recipe for the French Bread Rollups.
http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6864

Pictures

Fry good quality bacon and drain.
Step_4-31.jpg

Then your chocolate.
Step_5-25.jpg

Step_6-22.jpg

Step_7-18.jpg

Step_8-15.jpg

Add cream to left over chocolate to make a dipping sauce.
Step_9-12.jpg

Serve with French Toast Bread Rollups and chocolate covered strawberries. An egg over easy is nice as well!
Step_9a-2.jpg

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ummmmm bro..... the next time you make something like this you need to consult me first... i need to go to the dr and get some heart meds cuz that dish just made my heart skip a beat:respect:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh my! On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm gonna have to give this a 52!

sirena

Now THIS is a chocolate use I can get behind! The chocolate mashed potatoes - not so much. Since chocolate to me is practically medicine, I must have it at times, this is a perfect way to justify medicating myself in the morning. Thanks Keltin. Fabulous dish!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Glad you liked it Sirena! This one was a bit more up my alley! :lol:

BTW – Anyone watch Chopped last night?

Appetizer ingredients were Beef Tenderloin, Cucumber, Asian Peaches, and......CHOCOLATE!!! :yum:

Nearly everyone one of them said what I said when chocolate came up in the IC7 challenge - “What the hell am I going to do with chocolate”? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I don't know, Keltin. You make this look awfully tempting. But isn't chocolate and bacon together just wrong? (Still, I really like a lot of wrong stuff.) I may have to try this anyway.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I see it more as a glorious union. If we see chocolate as feminine, and bacon as masculine, then this dish serves to show the perfect harmonious union that is possible for all of mankind. Think of it as departure from individualism and the separation of the sexes, and a step closer to the utopian perfection the we all strive to achieve.

OR........it’s a great way to get to eat more bacon!!!! :lol:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I don't know, Keltin. You make this look awfully tempting. But isn't chocolate and bacon together just wrong? (Still, I really like a lot of wrong stuff.) I may have to try this anyway.

the next time you go to the fair,carnval,the livestock show or the Battle, you need to look for a couple of wagons serving chocolate covered bacon now... they get some pretty good money from selling them so bad is good..lol

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm just seeing this now, K.

Novelty aside, did you LIKE the chocolate-covered bacon and would you make it again?

Lee

Deelady

I saw them make it on Food Network before...Im thinking it was part of a Mission Impossible episode.....anyways, they LOVED it on there! I thought it was the craziest combo Ive ever heard ;)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm just seeing this now, K.

Novelty aside, did you LIKE the chocolate-covered bacon and would you make it again?

Lee

Actually, YES! I would make this again! It's a crazy mixture of salty and sweet, crunchy and smooth......it's really enjoyable.

You don't want to eat more than 3 or so, but it is a wonderful treat, and I'll do it again!

The pork chop with white chocolate potatoes….no……I won’t do that again.

But this, chocolate covered bacon for breakfast? YES!!! Try it!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Actually, YES! I would make this again! It's a crazy mixture of salty and sweet, crunchy and smooth......it's really enjoyable.

You don't want to eat more than 3 or so, but it is a wonderful treat, and I'll do it again!

The pork chop with white chocolate potatoes….no……I won’t do that again.

But this, chocolate covered bacon for breakfast? YES!!! Try it!
i am watching an unwrapped episode on foodnetwork and guess what? chocolate covered bacon and bacon topped chocolate cupcakes!!